Harmony

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by LIGHTSOUT225, Apr 4, 2009.

?

What do you think of this map?

1. Not my style

7.9%
  2. Okay

9.0%
  3. Average

4.5%
  4. Good

20.2%
  5. Great

58.4%
  1. LIGHTSOUT225

Harmony
    Created by Squidhands & HITtheLIGHTZ

Recommended Players: 2-6
    Recommended Gametypes: Discord (1v1), Team Slayer, One Flag, One Bomb, KotH, Territories (2v2)

Harmony is a gorgeous Halo 3 rendition inspired heavily by the popular Unreal Tournament III map Shangri-La. Designed first in Google SketchUp by HITtheLIGHTZ, and implemented into Forge by Squihands, Harmony is the perfect example of what a strong layout and proper planning can yield. With a 1v1 version, as well as a 2v2 Matchmaking version and even an MLG version, Harmony is the perfect playground for players of all styles looking for some intensely competitive, small-team battles. Harmony offers a variety of elevations in a somewhat separated map, making a relatively small space play much larger than it looks.

With gameplay centered around the 2 power-ups and 2 Sniper Rifles, players need to be on their toes in order to gain an edge on their opponents. Slayer games see players rotating around the map like a carousel in frenetic firefights while trying to maintain an accurate timing of the power weapons. In objective games, successful teams will reap the benefits of coordinated attacks and covering one another. Overall, Harmony's intelligent design and impeccable forging make it a top-notch map worthy of a spot on anyone's hard drive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56RJ85FvPPQ&fmt=18

#1 LIGHTSOUT225, Apr 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2009
  2. What's A Scope?

What's A Scope? Ancient

I saw this map a while back. In my opinion, it is well deserving, although I have never played it. It is forged to perfection and has some unique characteristics. I like how it feels like MLG, but it still keeps to the original feel of Halo. I have not played on this yet, but hopefully I will. Congrats squidhands and hitthelightz.

3. Arbacca

Arbacca Ancient

First, haha! Looks like a great map, although I think the plasma grenades in the middle should be replaced with a stronger weapon... ah well, my suggestions usually destroy maps anyway.
    5/5

4. De Wy El Ay En

De Wy El Ay En Ancient

Wow looks great, not many maps use custom powerups i like how they were used here. all of the interlocking and other merging looks great. i need to try sketchup sometime. congrats guys

5. Lemons Reloaded

Lemons Reloaded Ancient

I knew it would be featured! it was simply a matter of time. the map is incredible and plays dreamily.
    congrats on the feature
    5/5! :D

6. LIGHTSOUT225

The Custom Power-up you see in the film is the MLG's Overshield.

BTW this makes Squidhands Premium, technically. So he can now dawn the poop-brown if he so wishes. Congratz Squiddy

7. Willmatic

Willmatic Ancient

When I first got UT3, I was thinking about remaking that map, dam you beat me to it, and would be better then my version.

8. ShaddoBlade

ShaddoBlade Fuzzy Little Man Peach

Congrats on the feature. This map is truly a work of genius. Good balance of high and low ground, and the aesthetics are beautiful. I always had fun playing on this map.

9. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

This is a much deserved feature. The map really plays beautifully. It's hard to find a map that works as well as Harmony. Congrats on the feature you two, it is certainly well earned.

10. T REXasaurusMan

T REXasaurusMan Ancient

Ill defiantly have to play this one. looks like a winner in my book, DL for me. 4/5 stars, like the layout, and it defiantly does remind me of the unreal tourny map shangri hi. nice job, keep it coming!

11. Psycho

Psycho Ancient

Did I call that or what? :)

Great job Squid and Lightz. Best MLG 1v1 map to date. Very creative structures that give the map a certain style to it. The jump pad is amazing.

12. aDeAdHeRo875

aDeAdHeRo875 Ancient

this map looks great. (i'm sure you herd that enough times already lol) i like how you guys took the time to plan it out and used different programs to design it. many people just go ahead and make a map without any plans on what they want to make a.k.a me i never make plans on my maps and it shows. so great job guys way to put in the extra work it really shows

13. zeppelinboy777

zeppelinboy777 Ancient

YESYESYESYESYESYES!!!

This is the map that I've wanted for at least 2 months to get featured! Wow I just can't even express how amazing this map is! Every 2v2, 1v1, everything works amazing on this. This is easily my favorite and most-played map on Foundry. So deserving it's crazy. Congrats Squidhands and Hitthelights, brilliant map. I told you how the spawns were terrible a few games, but ever since then I haven't really had a bad spawn.

14. RaBBiiTTT

RaBBiiTTT Ancient

Not surprised. I bet no one is. This map has a lot of charisma on Forge Hub which helped it appear on the front page

I have played a couple of games here already. None of them lacked intensity. Harmony gives game play like no other. It has such an organized yet 'simple to navigate' layout.

Great job and a big congrats on the feature.

15. Black Theorem

Black Theorem Ancient
    Forge Critic Senior Member

It's about TIME Harmony got feechuredz! I've loved the layout and the LOSs since the day I saw it. I actually do use it for 1v1s and 2v2s. Too much fun, excellent forging, and what beautiful aesthetics! The severed tower, just smexy! 10/10

16. Remii

Remii Ancient

This map has easily been forged by a professional =) The interlocking and the layout of the third picture is awesome

17. Master Debayter

Master Debayter Ancient

This is probably one of the more recent featured maps that was completely expected. So many people requested the feature of this map, it was only a matter a time.

I can personally say that this map is a 1 vs 1 heaven. When I play this map, I don't even look at the aesthetics. I'm just eager to play it.

18. squidhands

squidhands Ancient

Thanks for the great praise, guys! Big thanks to LIGHTSOUT225 for such and eloquent post, it was better than what wrote, lol. Secondly, and most importantly, uber-big thanks and congratulations to HITtheLIGHTZ, because without such an awesome sketchup to work from in the first place, none of this would be happening. You'll be seeing more collaboration from us in the very near futre, so be on the lookout.

And for all those interested, a couple of guys from the MLGpro forums have created a pretty interesting 1v1 tournament that I'm proud to say uses Harmony along with a few more excellently forged maps like Greenhouse and Alpine, just to name a couple. The sign up thread's over here if any of you guys have the sac to ante up. There's no prize except for bragging rights that you are so non-certified MLGpro!

Thanks again and I hope everyone enjoys playing Harmony.

19. Asthetik

Asthetik Ancient

Its an excellent map and Ive played on it trillions of times when a noob thinks he bad, but Im just asking what playlist is it in? (You said that there was a matchmaking version was made) I want to try it out.

#19 Asthetik, Apr 5, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2009
  20. squidhands

squidhands Ancient

No, it's not in Matchmaking. I called it the 'Matchmaking version' because of the difference in weapon layout compared to the MLG and 1v1 version. I've thought about submitting this to ATLAS, but with the large amount of people who boost/hide in Doubles, I don't think it would make the cut. Those that really wanted to escape the map could probably do so (jerks).

#20 squidhands, Apr 5, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2009