Hangar V2

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by Ghostlink1, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Ghostlink1

Ghostlink1 Forerunner

HANGER V2

Hangar is a symmetrical Slayer/Objective map, but is also set up for FFA, Multi-Team and Infection. It is a fairly small intense map with my inspiration coming in part from some of the old halo 3 mlg maps, like onslaught. I posted this a few days ago, and have taken the suggestions improved the map based on them. The map contains
    4 DMR's
    2 NR's
    2 Magnums
    2 Needlers (120 respawn)
    2 Snipers (1 clip, 150 respawn)
    2 Concussion rifles (1 clip, 120 respawn)
    2 PP's (90 respawn)
    2 PR
    1 Rocket launcher (1 clip, 180 respawn)
    1 Grenade launcher (5 clips, 120 respawn)
    1 Sword (180 respawn)

[​IMG]

Here is Middle platform, with 1 magnum, below is Basement, which contains a plasma pistol. Beneath the stairway is sword. At the very right you see blue base.

[​IMG]

Here is red base, the top section contains 1 sniper.

[​IMG]

Here in the bottom is Middle platform, and at the top is Landing pad, which contains Rockets, and a man cannon which takes you to basement. Beneath landing pad is base, which contains the grenade launcher. You can also see at both sides the platform ramped, both of which contain the concussion rifles.

[​IMG]

Just a better look at basement and stairway, nothing new here.

[​IMG]

Here is an overview of the map, giving you a fairly good look at blue side of the map.

Hope you all like the map, I have significantly changed the spawns, added lot's of gametypes, changed weapons around, number, locations and spawn time a lot, and have added some aesthetics to the map as well, if any of you downloaded it so you can see the map properly that would be great. Hope you like it ;)

#1 Ghostlink1, Nov 12, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  2. Ociee

Ociee Forerunner

I really like the overall map design and the spikes jutting out from the top, I'm glad you added more spawns and weapons nice job :D

3. Ghostlink1

Ghostlink1 Forerunner

Thanks, I generally am a lot better at the actual map layout than aesthetics, spawns and weapons, but I tried really hard for this one so hearing that really made my day!

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

Just remembered, I wanted to ask anyone knew a good back-story for the map, I can't really think of one. Or a better name?

#3 Ghostlink1, Nov 12, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  4. Antares777x

Antares777x Forerunner

Great job replacing the rockets to a more vulnerable location, and I like how you used the corner walls to replace the 45 degree ramps. The only thing about the rockets now is that someone can grab them and escape to the basement. Or even hop down and get the grenade launcher as well. I'm still not so sure about the placement of everything, or what to do about it, but the design is clearly well thought out and interesting to look at.