Hangar Defense

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by Mazta Pasta, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Mazta Pasta

Mazta Pasta Forerunner

[​IMG]

More Screen Here
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PROLOGUE

Listen up Beta-5! We've been guarding all knowledge of this HIGHLY IMPORTANT ONI OPERATION on this undiscovered ring world. The data we procured from Professor Sorvad at the Visegrad Relay on Reach led us here. And we've unlocked this artifact's secrets and it's role in defeating the Covenant.

However the damn basardskiely aliens sent a scout class - interceptor to chase our last shipment through slipspace. If this ship get's away, our species may lose all hope in our survival. I'm revealing the Hangar Doors of Charlie Base. From there you will ride Falcons to the interceptor. Land on it's hull and secure the landing pad. One of the falcons will be carrying a shaped demolitions charged that needs to be hand-carried into the ship hangar. Plant it near the wall hiding the duel engine cores. Finally, before we finish these elites off, I need you to steal the ship's data core before it can transmit any emergency distress signal.

Description

Hangar Defense is an invasion map that features the recommended gametype "Hangar Defense Invasion". Spartans will spawn as attackers in the colosseum. Elites will be defending their ship that is floating above the island facing the colosseum.

The ship features 4 main chambers.
    The top of the ship.
    The ship hangar.
    The ship hallways.
    The bridge.

Spartans will start off phase 1 with a territorial push. They will capture either the right wing of the ship or it's rear landing pad.

In phase 2, spartans will carry a bomb from the landing pad to the ship's hangar. I used some of the invasion labels to make a cool effect where the wall disappears in a cloud of smoke revealing the engine cores and destroying the central stair case.

In phase 3, spartans need to steal the data core from the ship's bridge and take it to the rear landing pad.

Each phase lasts 4 minutes. This took me a month to make. Please enjoy the map guys. I know a lot of people don't like invasion much, but this map is great to play with your friends when you have a party of 8 or more. I really appreciate the downloads and feedback. Thanks!!!

2. One iiNSANE Kid

One iiNSANE Kid Forerunner

Posting it once is enough...

3. Mazta Pasta

Mazta Pasta Forerunner

Sorry, i had some trouble posting. Anyway, please try the map out guys. I swear it's worth playing.