Hangar 02

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by Matty, Jun 22, 2008.

?

How would you rate this map?

1. Poor

22 vote(s)
    21.0%
  2. Okay

10 vote(s)
    9.5%
  3. Average

12 vote(s)
    11.4%
  4. Good

18 vote(s)
    17.1%
  5. Great

43 vote(s)
    41.0%
  1. Matty

Matty Ancient

Hangar 02
    Created By Insane54

Hangar 02 V2 is a perfectly symmetrical (two team) map that incorporates many strategies not found in the average map, making this one of the best Rat's Nest variants in existence. Whilst looking plain to the unwary eye, Hangar features tactics that once accustomed to the minor nuances of the map, gives many possibilities to the player, letting them make quick decisions to alter the course of battle. One action can destroy a team, change the game flow, make a rescue, or bring down your team and obliterate all hopes of making it through the battle victorious.

One of many tactics involve using the series of pipes above the level, and pounce like a 'neenja' and grab the flag, or launch a surprise attack on the enemy. While gaining access to these pipes is no easy feat, you can circumvent the entire battle by using the grav lift underneath your flag spawn. Be careful, the enemy can use the same tactic. A shotgun can be very useful in 1v1 fights on the pipes.

Highly recommended is an optional gametype, Hangar 02 CTF. This gametype includes many small (but important) fixes to normal gameplay. Even without it, this map will play great on all gametypes short of infection.

With great spawns, supreme tactics, perfect weapon choice AND placement, this map will have you begging for more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 Matty, Jun 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2008
  2. Verno

Verno Ancient

No interlocking, for shame! JK (Jusk Joking) looks pretty cool.

#2 Verno, Jun 22, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  3. damarco

damarco Ancient

Glad to see this finaly got featured. Realy good for a map that has no interlocking 10/10.
    good job insane.

4. xMBMAxPureEvil

xMBMAxPureEvil Ancient

this map looks like rats nest just with so stuff thrown around but i guess i cant say that until i try it 4/5 so far

5. Y35 <3

Y35 <3 Ancient

I've seen this map sooo many times
    and it looked good and all, but i dont get whats soecial about it,
    theres boxes and mancannons in the roads to block the view and theres ways to run around but i dont get whats really special.
    it says being tactical is a must, but have you ever really gotten on a team that lsitens to eachother lol, theres always gotta be one @ss that runs the other direction.
    Good map, but featurable? idk

6. Insane54

Insane54 Ancient

There is interlocking. The middle Double Box is interlocked into the ground, and the DB's blocking off each base are interlocked into each other. Theres no real need for it, thus there not being much.

Look at the original thread to see how its different than just thrown together objects.

#6 Insane54, Jun 22, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  7. Chicken Dippah

Chicken Dippah Ancient

I've always liked the first version for gameplay - but when this version came out its much more aesthetically pleasing and is fun to play with friends even if you know deep down you want to beat them because of that annoying rocket launcher in the map before. :)

8. super trooper88

super trooper88 Ancient

Lol, I love the 'Ducks' strategy. I saw this map a while back and I have to say I wasn't really impressed, but obviously I need to play a game on it because there must be great gameplay for this to be feature worthy.

Nice work on the feature Insane. Btw I love your sig, Jimmy Page is the awesomeness.

9. evan12075

evan12075 Ancient

what i like about this map is that it doesnt use interlocking and geomerging everywhere, and it didnt use a lot of the forging techniques, bet yet its still a lot of fun to play on and requiress good tactics and a plan. good work insane!

10. AllseeingEntity

AllseeingEntity Ancient

yay, my description looks sexy. hey insane, can you talk to matty so i can get mentioned for writing the description?

11. Outragedparker

Outragedparker Ancient

Oh and the readon the box was upside down was to elevate the hog, If I didn't it would have to hang over the arena and if I placed it in the same spot it would be to low.

12. Vicious Vice

Vicious Vice Ghosts of Onyx

Ive been playing this map for month. Usually through random invites from Insane im happy its gotten its deserved appreciation. definitely not random boxes here or there. This map is made for a tactician which many way to attack. Gameplay is this maps strong point. congrats another great feature.

13. TehOne

TehOne Ancient

It looks good, but I don't see how it got featured from just those pics. Maybe it's just teh gameplay... IDK:confused::confused::confused:

14. SVD Zero

SVD Zero Ancient

i think i played this with albyhouse, ivory and insane, and all i can say that it was epic

15. Norlinsky

Norlinsky Guest

No offense at all, I just don't think this should be featured. My reason is that it really depends on the person playing to know how to be tactical. If you swapped this with a normal Rat's Nest CTF game on BTB, kids who have never played this before would just run around like idiots and the game would never end. I can definitely see great gameplay coming from this, but not for the normal Xbox Live player

16. Pennywiez

Pennywiez Ancient

well personally i think the map is okay because i hate rats nest.
    anyways the map is okay

17. sgt.pepper

sgt.pepper Ancient

looks simple and yet really good. great job 9/10

18. Da Pig

Da Pig Ancient

Sorry but I can't see why this was featured. I mean, I don't see how taking the left around a barrier can change the whole flow of the game. But I like the idea, so I give it 4/5

19. Sn1pInGmOfO

Sn1pInGmOfO Ancient

i'm glad to see a rats nest map. this seems like a fun map to play on, (even if it is rats nest, but oh well) i'll dl.

20. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

^^ obviously hasn't played the map

this map is pure CTF heaven, i've never lost a game on it whilst playing with the ducks (aka. super strategical awesome team) this definitely deserves a feature, and for those of you saying it's random crap thrown around, i deare you to say that to the ducks.