Sandbox Hang 'em High

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Tecnifighter320, May 8, 2009.

1. Tecnifighter320

Tecnifighter320 Ancient

Hang 'em High v3

UPDATE - V3

Changes from V2 include
    - improved spawn areas with flag home and flag away spawn areas added
    - a shotgun was added to the Window room for asymmetric games
    - the upper walkway was redone
    - active camo removed
    - other aesthetic improvements

[​IMG]
    Download Hang 'em High

This map is a remake of the Halo 1's map Hang 'em High. It is probably the most accurate Hang 'em High remake so far. To make this map as accurate as possible I was had Halo 1 on a separate TV as I was forging so I could constantly check to see if everything matches up.

The weapon layout is nearly identical to Hang 'em High's. The differences are
    - shotguns in the window room are removed
    - 4 battle rifles are added to each base
    - SMGs are added to each base
    - bubble shields on both bunkers

Nearly every object on this map is interlocked and many are geomerged to make the map as neat and as accurate as possible.

This map supports all default gametypes. It is probably best for Team Slayer, Team BRs, 1 or 2 Flag CTF, and Assault.

I am currently in the middle of testing this map.

Here are the Pictures

Blue Base Overview
    [​IMG]

Blue Base Tower
    [​IMG]

Blue Base Window
    [​IMG]

Blue Bunker
    [​IMG]

Red Base Overview
    [​IMG]

Red Base Tower
    [​IMG]

Red Bunker
    [​IMG]

Center Platform
    [​IMG]

Overshield Platform
    [​IMG]

Download Hang 'em High

#1 Tecnifighter320, May 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  2. The Violence Within

I must say this is one of the most accurate remakes out of the thousands already out there, and i'm loving every detail. Especially love the blue base, i had some serious flashbacks when i saw it!

Kudos for actually making the bunkers looking like the Halo 1 bunkers, most people just use the corner pieces and make a square and it looks retarded.

Overall a very nice remake well done! and Keep Forging!

3. Plan B

Plan B Ancient

Omg this looks great.
    Everything looks very close to the original but...
    this version looks a little shorter ofcourse i dont think theres a map tall enough to recreate HeH so thats aight.

I want to DL this asap. I looved playing rockets on the original i hope this one is jusst as fun.

Could you try and make this on Foundry and see how it turns out?

4. Canadians360

Canadians360 Ancient

Wow That was about all I was going to say so instead of repeating every last thing The Violence Within said I'll ask a question.

Question: Did you spend a long time killing yourself in halo to see where the spawn points really are? that is what makes an epic remake in my opinion attention to every single little detail.

5. Tecnifighter320

Tecnifighter320 Ancient

I started a lot of slayer and CTF games to see where the starting spawn points would be. For the other spawn points I put them in the general places that they were in when I messed around on Hang 'em High. So, the spawns should be mostly the same with a few changes that I thought would improve spawning.

6. Striker 29

Striker 29 Ancient

Here's my quick hit suggestions. But before I say those, I think this is the best Hang 'Em High remake attempt. I really like most of it, and with adjustments, I cannot see why it shouldn't be in MM eventually. I noticed you have decent amount of money left and budget is in good shape.

Here's what I'd change:

- Remove the "double wall" at Sniper, and try to two-piece columns together; looks better and would be more of what it use to be
    - Add a some cover or columns near the Rockets/pathway below Overshield
    - Spread out the small columns near red Shotgun
    - Add a couple "broken" small columns behind red base near the ramps
    - Move the blue Shotgun structure toward the wall more, so it's basically beneath the pathway leading into base; also where the Plasma Rifle sits
    - Try to make the walk-in at blue base a little higher, if you can. If you place the blue-colored column up a foot or so, it would be great
    - I didn't pay close attention to weapon sets, aside from the primary, but you should add some SMG's or something in the area throughout; maybe a piece of equipment at each base and an OS down below the Shotgun-tunnel

Definitely a good job.

7. Tecnifighter320

Tecnifighter320 Ancient

Updated with a v2. See first post for more information and updated pictures.

8. Tecnifighter320

Tecnifighter320 Ancient

I just updated all the pictures that were from v1 to v2.

9. Dragull

Dragull Ancient

First: this is the best High'em High out there.
    Second: I do think the sniper place was much lower than it is now. It wasnt possible to jump back. You could fix this.
    Third: what about adding the shotgun and a regenerator on the window?

10. Tecnifighter320

Tecnifighter320 Ancient

Thanks, I'll try to fix the sniper platform. About the shotgun and regenerator, I thought that they would make the map unbalanced if they Blue Base got another shotgun. There are already shotguns in the bunkers, so I thought that that would be enough. I may add those there for asymmetric games, though.

#10 Tecnifighter320, May 29, 2009
    Last edited: May 29, 2009
  11. oltranzista

oltranzista Ancient

This is the best hang em high remake that i have seen so far. In our play tests it played very similar to the original. This also looks great.

The only thing is I wish the sandbox brush set had a better object to use for the sniper tower to make it look more natural. I may tinker with it myself a little for when I use it in my LAN parties.

ILLAZILLA 918

12. ctkay

ctkay Ancient

re

My favorite Halo map of all 3 games. Looks brilliant. Downloading right now, I'll give you feedback if I have any other than "OMG this is so awesome!"

13. Tecnifighter320

Tecnifighter320 Ancient

Updated with version 3