Sandbox hang em high recreation

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Mo Murderous, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Mo Murderous

Mo Murderous Ancient

#1 Mo Murderous, Apr 29, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  2. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Ancient

This is a probably one of the batter attempts at remaking Hang em high, however you definently need to do some interlocking, especially on the board bridges.

Great attempt though: 3/5

3. KingTaxMan

KingTaxMan Ancient

HangEmHigh remake

Yeah, its just so tough since you really need to raise the floor in order to create the "moat" effect in the center. This would then cause you to have to make a floor around the "moat" and make it even, which then upon finishing the floor, probably reaches the object limit before the structures above the ground floor and "moat" are close to being completed. Darn object limit.

4. SWEETbabyJEEZUS

SWEETbabyJEEZUS Ancient

the map looks good but where are the bunkers? the bunkers played a big part in the map, they gave you lots of coverage and they protect u from the sniper better. I think you should make a v2 with bunkers.

5. Rho Fs

Rho Fs 2x2 Forge Judge

Yea i agree with this guy. It would be pretty hard to do but if someone could figure it out im sure they would win the Remake contest *hint hint*(as in try and do that before you run out of time.) That would just go above and beyond whats been done before.

now... on to YOUR map.

It looks pretty good to me but idk, sandbox just doesn't feel at all that same. The textures i guess. yours looks pretty accurate but maybe some interlocking is needed. I will download and see how it plays comparred to the old one. Ill get back to you later today on that. keep it up.

6. SVV33T SAUC3

SVV33T SAUC3 Ancient

Interlocking and merging don't matter, it's the gameplay that matter.

Now for the map, it appears very accurate and is the first Hang Em High/Tombstone remake I've really liked. I saw you put the over shield up on the bridge thing, but wasn't it on the bottom in the original? Well, it is probably there to promote the gameplay. Also, you should add more pictures so people can really see what the map looks like.

7. killacuz

killacuz Ancient

sweet map

I played this one a few times with some friends and I love it nice work man. I think this is the best recreation of hang em high/ tombstone yet that I have seen. keep up the good work.

#7 killacuz, Apr 30, 2009
    Last edited: May 3, 2009
  8. killacuz

killacuz Ancient

hang em high

I like how you put the gravity lift by the shotgun base to get you up there faster. I've been playing this one alot its one of my favorite old school maps nice work 4.5/5