HammerHead

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Race Maps' started by smm2010, May 24, 2010.

1. smm2010

smm2010 Forerunner

HammerHead

Creator: smm2010

Racetrack Name: HammerHead

Map Name: Sandbox

Gametype: Battle Snipes, Battle Lasers

Description:
    Welcome to HammerHead, my newest track created on Sandbox. Few of you may know the story behind this map. Vapour knuckles and I were going to create a racetrack together which would have consisted of multiple stunts. He was focusing on a stunt of his own, along with a couple jumps, and I was responsible for creating a backflip. I created the backflip, which I was not proud of because of its constant inconsistancy. I decided to push the envelope and try to go further and go for a double backflip. This idea was inspired by Taxxman24's "The Ecstasy of Gold." After adding more man cannons and creating the double backflip, I was still not satisfied because of its consistancy of doing two and a half backflips. Due to this problem and my thought of me not wanting to create a double backflip just like Taxxman24, I decided to go even further and go for a triple backflip. So, I added all eight man cannons this time, and the first time I tested it out, my mongoose and I did a perfect triple backflip! I became so excited that I unfortunately had to tell Vapour knuckles that I would be working on this triple backflip of mine on my own track, which I did.
    After two and a half weeks of constructing this track and constantly tweaking the triple-backflip mechanism, this masterpiece is finally complete! I'm glad to say that this is the very first triple backflip ever to be made into a track.I created this map for Battle Tracks as well, since my idea of implementing this kind of stunt into a Battle Track just sounded so awesome to me and I don't think anything is better than getting a Laser kill or a Snipe shot to the head in mid-triple backflip! :p
    I'm pretty sure you're tired of me talking, so I'll get down to the pictures of this masterpiece!
    The Start
    [​IMG]

Entrance to the Start of the Track
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dark Area
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Final SkyTrack Turn
    [​IMG]

Entrance to the Triple Backflip Mechanism
    [​IMG]

Triple Backflip!
    [​IMG]

Landing Pad
    [​IMG]

Different Angle
    [​IMG]

Action Shots
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Overview
    [​IMG]

Q: What inspired you creation?

A: As I stated above, Vapour knuckles and I were going to create a racetrack together which would have consisted of multiple stunts. He was focusing on a stunt of his own, along with a couple jumps, and I was responsible for creating a backflip. I created the backflip, which I was not proud of because of its constant inconsistancy. I decided to push the envelope and try to go further and go for a double backflip. This idea was inspired by Taxxman24's "The Ecstasy of Gold." After adding more man cannons and creating the double backflip, I was still not satisfied because of its consistancy of doing two and a half backflips. Due to this problem and my thought of me not wanting to create a double backflip just like Taxxman24, I decided to go even further and go for a triple backflip. So, I added all eight man cannons this time, and the first time I tested it out, my mongoose and I did a perfect triple backflip! I became so excited that I unfortunately had to tell Vapour knuckles that I would be working on this triple backflip of mine on my own track, which I did.

Q: How long did it take you to make?

A: This track took me about 30+ hours of forging and constant testing within a two and a half week timeframe.

Q: What aspect took you the longest to get right?
    A: As many would have guessed, it would be the triple backflip. I was extremely frustrated with constantly tweaking this to make it right. At one time I made it to work some of the time, but I wasn't satisfied with it. On the last day of my tweaking of the mechansim, luckily, x DREAM 76 x joined my game lobby and ended up fixing the mechansim for me, simply by moving a gravity lift. So, special thanks to x DREAM 76 x for making the final tweak on my triple backflip mechanism. :)

Final Note: This stunt is not 100% consistant, but then again not every stunt is. The only way you'll mess up on this is if you enter the mechanism at a weird angle or if you hit the man cannons at a weird angle.

This track has been updated. The final update on this track has been published on 5/23/10 due to multiple cheat problems, so if you don't have the latest version of HammerHead, please download it! :D

Download HammerHead
    Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details

#1 smm2010, May 24, 2010
    Last edited: May 24, 2010
  2. ShaddoBlade

ShaddoBlade Fuzzy Little Man Peach

Great map. And although you said the triple backflip isn't 100% consistent, you do seem to roll over and land on your wheels even if you don't land it... It was quite surprising the amount of times we didn't get ejected from the Mongoose. So, congrats on that. Also, the rest of the track is definitely your best work. It's very smooth with great flow, and because the lines of sight are limited, it plays great for Battle Lasers. There isn't too much to improve on this one. Great job on adding a ballsy stunt and still managing to create a very well-made track.

3. Roland

Roland Forerunner

I havent tested it out in a real game but i drove it through a few times and this is one very good map. There isn't really anything I can think of to change.

4. Elliot

Elliot BIOC
    Forge Critic Senior Member

A triple backflip! i have never seen one of them before, this track is the best you have put on forge hub, it looks so smoooooth!

5. Triarii

Triarii Forerunner

EPIC HAPPY FACE!!!!!!!!!!this map is godly, i rarely, if ever got screwed up on the backflip, and it actually allowed me to maintain my speed when i landed. i really like the placement of the trip mine. and i really like the scenery, especially those statues and towers that u made around the dark area. All i can say is that u r a god!!!!

6. SpEcTaCuLar Ra

SpEcTaCuLar Ra Ancient

Comgrats on this track smm. This is definitely your best and has been a big improvement from your others. The incorporation of a triple backflip, aesthetics, and making it battletracks compatible adds to the originality of this track. The track is smooth and the layout is nice. Though, I do wish the whole track wasn't just one big right turn. Also, I think somebody mentioned this on xforgery but the last turn before the backflip was a little sloppy but was still surprisingly smooth. The landing ramp at the bottom could have been a little smoother also but it didn't affect driving at all so don't worry too much about that. Overall, this is a wonderful track and this may actually stay on my hardrive.