Halo Wars Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by thesilencebroken, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Mongoose

Mongoose Ancient

Tactics Episode Two is up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d06OnME0N-A

2. 07WRX

07WRX Ancient

If anyone wants to play friendly matches or team up online in Halo Wars hit me up, I think I'm ready to delve into the MM.

T07WRX5 = GT

Ty has spoken.

3. Supa Midget

Supa Midget Ancient

Anyone else find the endings to missions/skirmishes annoyingly anti-climactic.
    I spend 20-25 minutes fighting for my life,building this massive army of awesome.Theres music pumping out the games and mighty tune as the enemy base explodes and suddenly.

AUDIO CUTS

MONOTONE BEGINS

you are victorious....

lol?Mind you kill his base with a convoy of suicide grunts makes the game completely awesome.The cutscenes are absolute gold too.
    You cannot hope to kill them all... :D

4. zone sama

zone sama Ancient

after completing halo wars, i felt sorely let down... if bungie had more say in the making of the game, it would be unreal, but they didn't. although, the mythic maps came out and i instantly fell in love with sandbox.

5. Telrad

Telrad Ancient

What could Bungie have done?

They are a shooter developer. Not a strategic one.

The one thing that annoys me is how easy it is to go up the leader boards...

6. Yeti

Yeti Ancient

Have you ever played Myth? That was an RTT (Real Time Tactics) made by Bungie. It resembles RTS games, but focuses mainly on squad tactics.

Also, Halo was originally supposed to be an RTS.. on the Mac lol. Bungie could easily make, or give pointers on an RTS game.

7. DieHardAssassin

DieHardAssassin Ancient

That must have taken approx 15min. They would be dead in 5 minutes if I fought that

8. Supa Midget

Supa Midget Ancient

I think he meant in the sense of the story.
    Some bits of it are missing that gooey awesome centre thats crammed into every second of the halo trilogy

9. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

ummm no, not to the makers of age of empires.
    they maybe could have worked with the story a bit though...

10. Chedderboy

Chedderboy Ancient

You know what would be nice? Something like the Halo 3 heatmaps, not to track kills but something so it would be possible to see the layout of the entire map, plan strategies, etc...the camera's okay in-game, its just really bad for getting an overview of the map.
    And the only thing better than a horde of grunts...is a horde of suicide grunts. Its unstoppable!
    Well...I mean...they kinda stop themselves...BUT STILL. GO BOOM, GO BOOM!

11. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

My favorite strategy is Grunt Rushing. I make a base with one or two warehouses, a shield generator, and two Halls. Then I spawn as many grunts as I can. Then, I have those Grunts scout to an unoccupied base area, or kill an occupied one. once i make a base, I repeat the process, until I get about 50 grunts. Then I swarm them to the opponents base.

I'm such a douche.

12. Chedderboy

Chedderboy Ancient

If you're playing as the Covenant, just spring for a locust to kill computer bases. Only 450 resources, not counting the tech upgrades. The computer is to stupid to notice the giant laser hitting their base.

13. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

online...
    der iz no computing devices

14. Chedderboy

Chedderboy Ancient

Yeah there is, the rebel bases. Not a technical computer "player" but still a base controlled by the computer.

15. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

ah, i guess youre right.
    but those can really be destroyed by almost anything.
    and thet dont have to be rebel, it could be forerunner or flood.

16. Supa Midget

Supa Midget Ancient

I like pumping up the arbiter and making as many suicide grunts as i can.
    Upgraded they only need like 13 of the possible fifty to kill a fortress UNSC base without blowing up any sub structures :)
    With covies its only like 6 once you rip the shields down.
    Set your base flag spots in the grav lif and start churning them out as you attack.
    Also once you have three bases with blessed warehouses essentialy covering them(i also throw in two shield generaters apiece)
    You can keep rage up indefinately ===Win
    And yeah AI bases online are easy to blow.I usually use arbiter rage or one set of grunt to grab them.

17. iZumi

iZumi Ancient

If you just want to have fun and do everything cool, do a 3v3 skirmish and make everyone on your team Forge. Give yourself 2 supply pads and a vehicle depot. Set up turrets around your base. Make 3 or 4 grizzlies, some Spartans, and the rest cyclops. Find your allies and follow them around. Your units will be very independent with this layout, and just pop in whenever your leader powers are needed.

18. Chedderboy

Chedderboy Ancient

Suicide grunts > Grizzlies

I was playing 3v3 one time, my friend's base was being besieged by like 20 (I'm exaggerating) grizzlies...I ran in, teleported in my fully researched grunt horde...BOOM.

19. iZumi

iZumi Ancient

I'm talking UNSC. And grizzlies are tougher and can take down air as well.