Halo Wars Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by thesilencebroken, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

Am I the only one that builds four supply depos, 1 reactor a barracks and a Armory thing (forgot what it is actually called) Create several marine squads and 3 warthogs to add to the one I already have to fend off their first few attacks. Then merely create additional units as needed to defend myself until I have ully upgraded everything and have so many supplies rolling in so fast that I will virtually never run out before I build a massive army of fully upgraded bad ass mother ****ers to move in and just completly decimate my opponant?

2. Chron

Chron Ancient

I've decided after Enormous amounts of jealousy that i will attempt to download it again. hopefully it will work this time and i get to play : ]

20 bucks i get smashed

3. Ladnil

Ladnil Ancient

I don't follow your exact plan, but my game involves massive assloads of supplies, so many that I choose not to build one of the unit production structures. It always beats the heroic difficulty computer, and I'm having trouble thinking of how any 1v1 game could play out differently, as the early units are all too weak against structures to make rushing worthwhile.

4. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

Can never tell so best to have something to cover just in case. I generally keep my early forces near my main base until I'm ready to expand so that if I'm under attack the base turrets will help as well.

5. cakeChart

cakeChart Ancient

Last night I had something that worked. I started with 8 grunts, 3 banshees and the prophet. I used my grunt forces to take over a rebel base so I could have lots of supplies (I only made factories on this base) and had forces hold out until I had 2 tech level so I built some locust. I held out even longer waiting to get to the next age so I would have 3 tech level and I built a scarab. But before that, I needed more room so I sent in my grunts alone to get killed. I then sent in my scarab, my banshees, and my locust and wrecked them.

6. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

I had pinned down the covenant and basically left them crippled so I could build up my army and see what toys the UNSC had to offer. Then once I had my army built to the max, I had them charge in and attack all at once. Their base was destroyed in a second. It was amazing!

7. cakeChart

cakeChart Ancient

Damn straight. Do you favor UNSC?

8. Cato IV

Cato IV Ancient

Guys the best strat by far is elephant rush. You basically get an elephant first thing and build all supply pads. You have most resources possible early game and a mobile barracks that can sit down and spew flames and/or marines. As your last building make a reactor. Then u wiil have a very complete army trainable from the elephant--marine(anti air), flames(anti infantry) and spartans(anti vehicle).

9. X5

X5 Ancient

That would take too long, because you'll have no defenses. I build up my defenses as fast as I can and still the enemy gets their with a mass of Honor Guards, Hunters, and some Banshees that significantly out number my own.

10. Cato IV

Cato IV Ancient

i consistently beat heroic with that. u dont need turrets if u have an elephant making army

11. cakeChart

cakeChart Ancient

Sweeny, you seem to be pro already. Jet pack brutes would be fun as hell to play with, and it seems that all the leaders will be balanced out.

12. Telrad

Telrad Ancient

Am I the only person who doesn't build defenses?

I find that they die too easily and units do their job much more effectively,

13. Fallen Hero

Fallen Hero Ancient

Wow...I just got my butt handed to me playing as UNSC on Heroic. I beat their first wave then the second wave was a ton of elite honor guards and hunters and they just murdered everything I threw at them.

14. X5

X5 Ancient

I don't waste my stuff on turrets. I mean within the first couple of minutes the enemy is already at my base with at least 15 Honor Guards, and Wraiths/Banshees/or Hunters assisting them, and I barely had time to create counter units. Flame guys don't do crap against Honor Guards for me, they die too fast.

The plan I always win with is so crude... but it works. Basically, I get out at least 3 Vultures, and then whichever counter units I need. Then I attack the enemies unprotected main base. I build one there so I won't lose. Then I attack their additional base. Then I storm the base they just took from me, as they worry about my last base, and I win. This time, however, I barely pulled off a win due to the overly powerful Prophet Beam they upgraded, and a Scarab, but I still won in the end.

It shouldn't work, but it does. I guess the best explanation is that the enemy bites off more than they can chew, leaving their bases undefended, the ones that are producing all the supplies they are constantly using. Still, I need to figure out a better way to achieve the same effect. I might try the elephant idea.

15. Bloo Jay

Bloo Jay Ancient

Scarab. Nuff said.

Played though Normal Skirmish. Won in an hour because I spent my time making things to make a fence around the enemy. Have to say the enemy got raped when i had 51 of 50 units.

Do I hack?

16. Telrad

Telrad Ancient

Okay, I am now perfecting a leader rush of sorts.

What you do is you build a temple, 2 Warehouses and a Barracks.

Sell the Temple as soon as you get Regret and with that money, build another warehouse or use Regret to destroy enemy production.

With this, I can beat Heroic AI in 11 minutes. I'm still working out the details.

17. RampaginFetus

RampaginFetus Ancient

Does anyone here mass marines?

I normally mass marines and fully upgrade them to Odst's. But I sprinkle in some Spartans as well from time to time. By my 2nd reactor I build an Air Pad, this being my last building pad at my main base. Around this time I launch a dual-attack on the forerunner base and the rebel side base. Quickly I double up on the amount of marines I have and buff up my defenses(building mortar turrets and such). Once both bases are taken I build heavy supply pads at the side base, and put a marine in the forerunner side base. At the side base I build a warthog (with an upgraded gunner) and send it to the enemy forerunner base. Once there I request a pelican drop-off and bring 3-4 marine sqauds. After I kill the rebels/covenant I take the base, now having a steady amount of incoming supplies. Now with so much money I upgrade both reactors and uppgrade my side base to the Fortress level. Once I have attained level 4 reactors and Odst's I take over the Covenant side base. I do this by building 2 vultures and sending them on their way. Once their I have them bombard the central structure and call in 10 Odst's. If there's any resistance I MAC the base to death, with my full upgraded MAC of course. Once they're narrowed down to one base, I send all units to the main base. MAC'ing the main base and building more Vultures now and I call on Odst's from above. Quickly getting the win, I gracefully and swiftly teabag the dead.

18. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

How do you use the MAC cannon? I still haven't figured that out

19. Bloo Jay

Bloo Jay Ancient

when you are UNSC, press up on the D-pad and then go up with your left thumb stick. You need 600 resources.

20. RampaginFetus

RampaginFetus Ancient

Press and hold up on the D-Pad and then push up with your left thumb-stick while holding up with your left thumb-stick press A. Aim and fire MAC at enemy for total annihilation. Save it for the prophet, scarabs and buildings. It costs 600 to fire, has a refresh rate of 2 minutes I think, and can be upgraded to allow more shots per fire as such:
    -2 shots upgrade=700 resources
    -3 shots upgrade=1000 resources
    -4 shots upgrade=1400 resources
    Even after it is upgraded it still only costs 600 to fire.

Edit: Sorry Bluejay, me and you posted at the same time.