Halo: Reach Discussion

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Vincent Torre, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Rifte

Rifte Ancient

my internet would lag on the last day I get to play the reach beta :(

2. Plasma Rifle Elite

Only things I hate about Reach:

You should be able to run slightly faster, maybe 10% faster. I think jumping is fine and more realistic than in Halo 3.

Frag Grenade's damage is okay and realistic, but blast radius should be reduced.

Grenade Launcher should not be able to temporarily disable vehicles.

Armor Lock. I don't know what has to be done, but it should be nerfed somewhat.

3. Ladnil

Ladnil Ancient

Just needs to be counterable by anything other than standing there and staring at the locked guy until he comes out.

4. pyro

pyro The Joker

Some options:
    Throw grenades when he is coming out of lockdown.
    Jetpack up then drop on him after he comes out of lockdown.
    Go invisible and sneak up on him.
    Barrel roll up after he releases lockdown.
    Sprint away and find another enemy.

#1604 pyro, May 18, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  5. Ladnil

Ladnil Ancient

I see. Except for yelling "**** YOU" and going and finding another enemy, all of those involve staring at him until he comes out. Oh I guess you can throw grenades, but Armor Lock needs a counter a bit stronger than hoping he comes out as your grenade explodes. And if you leave to find another enemy, he just comes out and shoots you in the back.

6. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

i love armor lock. it never bothers me when others use it either. you can always throw a grenade then run away. if he comes out, he gets blown up. or you just wait. it doesnt last that long, and they usually have no shields. i like deflecting rockets back at people.

7. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

Theres nothing wrong with Armor Lock. If you cant wait 3 seconds for an easy kill, then go play call of duty and you can kill people every 0.1 seconds and get your instant gratification.

8. Ladnil

Ladnil Ancient

I agree, deflecting rockets is hilarious, and throwing a grenade then running away is just about the only way to not get shot in the back when somebody armor locks. I just think that when running away is the best tactic for dealing with something, that thing is unbalanced. There needs to be something you can do to them while they're locked.

Right now Armor Lock is a zero risk ability. You get into a losing position, you lock. Period. Sure, you might die when you come out, but you were going to die anyway. So far the only thing I've found that consistently threatens an armor locker is to run up and armor lock right next to them so you can EMP them when they come out.

9. Hari

Hari Ancient

Wait until he exits it and keep your distance. Save your grenades. He has a slight delay when he exits it before he can do anything. KILL HIM THEN.

10. Ladnil

Ladnil Ancient

I know you can grenade them when they come out. My problem is that there's nothing you can do to them until they come out except walk away and maybe preemptive grenading.

Right now Armor Lock plays like a fighting game without a throw. There's a good reason people don't make fighting games with blocks but no throws to counter them.

11. stouf761

stouf761 Ancient

Once I was in a ghost goin for a splatter, and by the time he started into lockdown i was close enough that I had no way of stopping before I hit him and exploded, so I angled my crash to make the debris splatter another guy. I felt cool...

12. pyro

pyro The Joker

I think a ghost wheelie will actually allow you to jump over someone in lockdown, or at least skim him instead of crashing.

13. MetaWaddleDee

MetaWaddleDee Ancient

To use Armor lock you need to kill your mobility by not picking the other three, its fair.

14. R Richard P26

R Richard P26 Ancient

Ghost wheelie? How do?

15. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

Armor lock may slow down the game, but the game is already slow as hell so it isn't like it matters. However, it is far from overpowered. Being able to damage someone in lock would completely defeat the purpose of it. Honestly, it's less overpowered and less annoying than Jetpack.

16. coyoteboy1023

coyoteboy1023 Ancient

Only change that I could see them possibly making for AL is for an EMP to end it. If hit by a charged PP or a grenade launcher, it would end preemptively, as if the player released it. If the player was slowed or took any damage, it wouldn't even be worth an AA.

17. pyro

pyro The Joker

[A]..

18. CzIz

CzIz Forerunner

I have LOVED the Reach Beta so far, tis awesome, and tbh not much i can complain about..

My greatest moment:
    Pwnage

19. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

THE BETA ENDS THURSDAY, MAY 20th at 1:00pm EST, 10:00am PST

20. pyro

pyro The Joker

One of my greatest games.