Halo: Reach Discussion

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Vincent Torre, Mar 3, 2010.

1. LIGHTSOUT225

The 19th is the last day.

2. Security

Security Ancient

*Ahem"

3. Rifte

Rifte Ancient

[​IMG]
    lol'd at this pic. it's active camo btw.

4. MetaWaddleDee

MetaWaddleDee Ancient

lol
    just remember everything said about this game can be responded by, Its a Beta.

This picture especially...

5. Rifte

Rifte Ancient

I know it's just a placeholder, just found it funny though :p

6. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

Like I said, I like no radar more ultimately, but what annoys me is that there isn't option for both in a basic DMR start playlist. Think of it like this: weren't there plenty of games of Team BR's in H3 where you were glad it had radar? When you're at lower levels, in social, or just going in on your own so there isn't that high a degree of teamwork, MLG is by far my favourite but just doesn't work in all circumstances. It's inherently designed for a high degree of competitive team mentality, and that's far from always the case in MM. Needs a Team BR's equivalent as well is all I'm saying, if both the teams have the competitive mindset which makes radar a nightmare, they'll both go for Slayer Pro through not wanting to be caught on the backfoot because of it.

For Swordbase, I agree that it in particular is really bad with radar at a competitive team level. But whilst Sword isn't at the bottom of the map, it's placed in an area where you're highly likely to spawn if the other team has top control, especially on a red setup which I find pretty common. Still, I hardly think this counters the other points you mentioned, I agree that trying to break top lift setups in a tense game with radars is a nightmare.

But I repeat: regardless of map, FFA without radar is horrible. There are no teams, no setups (and if there's a spot in a map that a single player can hold to the point of a setup solely through merit of having a radar, said map needs a redesign), and I get sick of HALF my deaths being backsmacks. It slows down the game massively imo, even MLG FFA has radar, wtf?

7. Rifte

Rifte Ancient

Does generator defense feel incredibly slow for anyone else?

8. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

Yes, theyre running code in the background..likely for Firefight.

However, anyone else notice the "splattered" from grenades?

9. coyoteboy1023

coyoteboy1023 Ancient

Run off the campaign engine. Likely to test 6 player co-op or firefight.

10. Rifte

Rifte Ancient

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Do you notice how you always change colors too after you die?

11. Panncakez

Panncakez Forerunner

Yeah, I've noticed that too. It has the same kind of lag as it does in Firefight. Nothing too gameplay affecting, but it causes some control delay.

And also, yeah, I've noticed the splatter thing. I was actually splattered by a drop pod today. It was depressing.

12. Insane54

Insane54 Ancient

Definitely for Firefight. If you save a clip it says Overlook on Easy, which more or less confirms it for me.

13. MetaWaddleDee

MetaWaddleDee Ancient

You can also walk into people to hurt them...

14. Panncakez

Panncakez Forerunner

Weird, that also happened to me in the same game in which the pod fell on me.

15. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

Pro-tip: Needlers RAPE generators.

16. MetaWaddleDee

MetaWaddleDee Ancient

Pro-tip: Needlers RAPE

17. Matty

Matty Ancient

18. Hari

Hari Ancient

Pro-tip: Needlers

Elites are so OP. I love using them, especially because i fight best in close quarters. A sensitivity of 10 is still sluggish for me, so I can use all of the long range weapons fine, but I'm definitely better at close range. Give me cramped quarters, a shotgun, and armor lock, and ill have a good time.

19. CaptnSTFU

CaptnSTFU Ancient

yeah i killed an ally at the beggining of a game on power house i was like wtf. Oh no dude needler is rape but so is pp (plasma pistol) 2 charge up shots and then some just rapid fire and its done. Sword also does major damage but it takes a long time between swings.

Pro tip: take out B generator first, leave A or better yet C for the last. Guys with lockdown and shotgun can rape your ass in and out around B but not at A or C, too open.