Halo: Reach Discussion

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Vincent Torre, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Matty

Matty Ancient

Havn't played it in grab bag. Is it just DMR start? DMR and AR would probably be okay, considering AR Magnum is fine and Magnum kicks ass.

You'd need to balance it for the Elites too though.

2. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

It is:

SPARTANS
    dmr / magnum with sprint

ELITES
    needle rifle / plasma pistol with evade

3. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

That. Sounds. Epic.

I can see your point about lack of varied load-outs, and seeing an AR + Magnum / Plasma Repeater + PP loadout with Jetpack or Cloak on both sides could potentially have spiced it up a little. Still, from a personal perspective it's exactly what I'd want out of loadouts so Imma revel in the simplicity tyvm. Could be my new favourite Grab Bag gametype in theory.

EDIT:
    Tbh I actually disagree on the point of AA's. As I said, what they've done is basically bang on how I'd like to play SvE, but I recognise the really solid base of balance between Elites and Spartans that they've built up in Reach overall. Tbh I think it's kind of a waste to not expand on this solid base with at least some variance in AA's to match alternate weapon choices. About what I said above, I'm actually thinking a little more along these lines now:

Spartan:
    - DMR/Magnum w/ Sprint
    - AR/Magnum w/ Jetpack

Elite:
    - Needle Rifle/PP w/ Evade
    - Plasma Repeater (possibly Needler instead?)/PP w/ Cloak.

Depending on how the wider map lineup turns out at Release in particular, I think this could be hella fun. What's now SvE Slayer could be SvE Slayer Pro or something, though I'd prefer that they kept the radar, that's the one thing I dislike about Slayer Pro. I love no radar in an MLG setting, but Slayer Pro basically stands as the Team BR's replacement atm, and having no radar in the main DMR-start gametype isn't something I'm too fond of. Also, no radar FFA? That's just fail.

#1503 Pegasi, May 13, 2010
    Last edited: May 13, 2010
  4. Katanga

Katanga Ancient

SvE is only fair if your team can communicate properly, and go at least 2 on 1 on each Elite. Otherwise it's like backwards natural selection.

5. LIGHTSOUT225

I just think they need to make Spartan health recharge for SvE. Elites are bigger, faster, can jump higher, and are healthier. They also start with a PP, which lends itself to easier kills overall when combined with a Rifle. I've played a couple games (on both sides) and I haven't had many problems, but then again its not likely an advantage youd you'd notice in just a game or two... but if the numbers of the Beta were examined overall, I have a pretty good feeling that, all things being equal (trueskill doing its job), Elites will a substantially higher win percentage.

6. Ladnil

Ladnil Ancient

Really? I find playing with radar is pretty much unbearable on Swordbase. It's worse than Construct with players camping the lifts, especially since there's both a sword and a shotgun and neither is at the bottom of the map.

Powerhouse with radar is fine, you can be annoying and crouch around corners with a shotgun or hammer, but at least it's possible to counter that with nades or invis.

7. LIGHTSOUT225

I agree with Peg on the radar bit. The gametypes we have in the Beta need to all have radar. I never vote for Pro because frankly I think it's terrible.

8. MetaWaddleDee

MetaWaddleDee Ancient

Halo just doesn't feel right without Radar IMO because part of my fun in Halo is abusing their Radar, making them think I ran away by running out of their radar zone, then quickly crouching into it to get the jump on them.

9. Scobra

Scobra Ancient

10. Hari

Hari Ancient

there's two frags there...

11. CaMOfo

CaMOfo Ancient

Yeah, but only the one exploded and killed him. The other didn't have any effect on his death.

12. rusty eagle

rusty eagle Ancient

Pistol > DMR

Team Shot Needle Rifle > Team Shot DMR

13. Spawn of Saltine

Just got my first Perfection! I was playing invasion slayer as elites and got a killing spree off the bat, then got a ghost from the first drop and from there it was easy as cake lol

14. stouf761

stouf761 Ancient

it looked like one grenade hit him then exploded... cause dont forget the impact does damage

15. IH8YourGamerTag

IH8YourGamerTag Forerunner

Does anyone know when the beta ends?

16. cyberwaste6996

cyberwaste6996 Ancient

The 17th is the last day.

17. MetaWaddleDee

MetaWaddleDee Ancient

BUT! If Bungie feels the need to extend it, they can.

18. cyberwaste6996

cyberwaste6996 Ancient

Actually I stand corrected it appears the end date is the 19th not the 17th.

19. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

Pro is so much better largely because of the no radar. It allows you to actually have a chance at moving around swordbase when a team is locking it down.

20. MetaWaddleDee

MetaWaddleDee Ancient

I wish 3d radar just didn't show them if they were far enough away...