Halo: Reach Discussion

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Vincent Torre, Mar 3, 2010.

1. SpamRabbit

SpamRabbit Ancient

If you use armor lock in the open (no cover or anywhere to run), you should have died is what metawaddledee said.

@Red army
    I just got the date and yea it'll be available for silver after generator defense goes live. yay! :D

2. stouf761

stouf761 Ancient

Ohh Armor Lock. I've always known it as Lockdown...
    Normally in a team game if your teammates are worth anything they will cover you... Or am I the only one that uses the teamwork preference in Matchmaking

3. SpamRabbit

SpamRabbit Ancient

I don't think anybody sets their preferences lol :p

imo it just promotes online trolling.

4. R Richard P26

R Richard P26 Ancient

when does generator defence go up?

5. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

wait, your not supposed to just mash the trigger? Uh-oh.... No wonder I prefer the magnum.

6. SpamRabbit

SpamRabbit Ancient

this friday I think?

7. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

i enjoy the spartans vs. elites slayer.

8. stouf761

stouf761 Ancient

Woah wait needler rifle is automatic?
    damn ive been playin it like a semi the entire time... DMR isn't auto is it?

9. DimmestBread

DimmestBread Ancient

DMR isn't

but shooting the needle rifle is better when shot semi auto. You have more control over it and the bloom that way. Just think, in halo CE, nobody used the pistol as an automatic weapon.

10. Red Army

Red Army Forerunner

-_(\

Really?

11. stouf761

stouf761 Ancient

that 4 character... thing... is unknown to me... is that a faicpalm?
    i don't read up on that sort of thing and seeing as its a rifle i would never have expected it...

12. Red Army

Red Army Forerunner

Yes, it is a facepalm.

13. Ladnil

Ladnil Ancient

Plasma Pistol >>> Plasma Repeater.

14. stouf761

stouf761 Ancient

To be fair it looks like a seal or penguin facepalming

15. LIGHTSOUT225

false. but its close due to the PP's versatility.

16. Spicy Forges

Spicy Forges Ancient

Check out the matchmaking updates ----> Fo shizzle

The removal of the Marksman loadout in phase 1 of Invasion is wierd, but necessary I guess. I didn't see a problem with it. I never got spawned raped by them because I simply got the needle rifle and took them out instead. I guess all the noobs will be happy now.

Spartan vs Elites in Grab Bag seems like an interesting addition. Hope to try it tomorrow when I get back from school.

I did notice the Headhunter skull 'pick up' radius increase. Played a few games today and found it was so much easier to collect skulls!

Stockpile flag scoring seems to be resolved. Damn, now I cant steal my teammates flag scores! Oh, well...

Also is everyone pumped for the epicly titled "Network Test 1"!!! OMG. Nah, jk. Generator Defense should be good.

17. Mace

Mace Old Tyme

The dmr sucks shitcakes.

18. Roland

Roland Forerunner

The DMR only "sucks shitcakes" if you are unable to adapt, i think it is much better then the BR.

@2up I always got spawn raped by them... (Noobs always grabbed the needle rifles before some1 good could get them.) And I was one of the people who spawn killed with the DMR, it's a good, but douchey tactic, glad it's fixed.

#1498 Roland, May 13, 2010
    Last edited: May 13, 2010
  19. Matty

Matty Ancient

You can get to the ship on invasion without being shot every time, it's all about timing your rolls. Normally if i spawn on the far right i roll twice to the rock, wait and roll twice round the corner to the large cover, then your practically under the bridge and safe.

If the spartans are actually kicking ass, you can always turn around when you spawn and go around the back of your building, because that rock is the most dangerous spot on the route, you can get shot at if the enemy places a person on each far size of the ship.

If you spawn on the right your safe so none of this matters.

20. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

I really love the whole Spartans vs Elites thing, and I never feel underpowered on either team, so I was delighted to see the addition of SvE Slayer into Grab Bag, but the Inability to select loadouts often leaves me unprepared for close quarter situations when Im a spartan. Being able to select between a DMR or Assault Rifle would be nice, though Im sure a bunch of you are loving the DMR starts.

I understand the Armor Abilities may not be the best idea to give an option to in this game type, but weapons i feel would be a good choice to give a little variety in.