Halo: Reach Discussion

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Vincent Torre, Mar 3, 2010.

1. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

Definitely will liven things up. I find my party switches between FFA and team like every hour. The gametypes get stale faast. Especially if people forget to veto and you end up playing the same one over and over again.

2. Spicy Forges

Spicy Forges Ancient

3. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

I dont agree with everything chrst said though. The armor abilities are all useful in different situations, in different gametypes. I spend a great majority of my time using sprint, and it does speed the game up as desired, but for some things, the jet pack has been necessary to play as well as I did, and the camo got me some great kills i wouldnt have gotten normally. Once Invasion hits, im assuming Armor lock will shine through a little more since theres vehicles.

The DMR and Needle Rifle do take a shot too long to kill, BUT Im afraid that lowering the shots required would just put the DMR right back into the spot the BR was... and all purpose killing machine. Not saying it'd definitely happen, but it is a strong possibility.

The melee system is sort of annoying because the lunge is a bit much, so ill be doing something with no one on my radar and suddenly be in an animation dying. Additionally, several times Ive tapped the melee button for a normal beat down and gotten stuck doing the animation... which goes from opportune quick kill into suicidal. The animations are only amazing the first time you see them, then you probably wont care about them 5 minutes later. Probably awesome for campaign, but eh for multiplayer.

The movement speed is a tad slow... Spartans need to be like 10% faster. Sprint helps ease this a bit, but you cant always be sprinting.

Evade is sex.

Powerhouse, I FEEL, doesnt make a very good objective map... however, I will play slayer on it any day. "But theres not enough DMRs on the map!". Wrong. There are 5. Learn where they spawn, or learn to use the proper tool for the situation and find other weapons to use as well.

The armor permutations are boring and generic.

Switching between FFA and Team periodically is very helpful to both you and Bungie. Theres only two maps... eventually you'll become annoyed with them, no matter how much you love Halo.

The beta, as it stands currently, lacks something for MLG lovers. The Arena will decide if they like the game, because all ive heard from tons of people is how its noob friendly and theres not enough DMRs, or the DMR isnt as awesome as the battle rifle. This is of course, a stereotype of a large group based on a small portion of them. Just sayin, its more about using everything in the game now.

That is MY take from the beta thus far, with over 75 total games under my belt. Checking my service record wont tell you that, cause I played on a friends account initially. Take it or leave it.

4. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

Actually silence looking at the MLG reach discussion they've been fond of thongs mostly because they realize they will be tweaking settings anyway. Sure they have the same complaints as most but it's only thr quasi-competitve people who truly ***** about it being noob friendly

5. LIGHTSOUT225

tru7h.

Covie Slayer is the best.

6. thesilencebroken

Thats not the reason Im fond of thongs.

7. rusty eagle

rusty eagle Ancient

8. thesilencebroken

thanks.

9. Valor1204

Valor1204 Forerunner

I agree. I haven't seem many of them, but they pretty much have no effect on your Spartan. It looks almost the same and I hope when Reach drops, that the armor will be a whole bunch better.

10. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

yes they said the armor perms in the beta are just a fraction of what will be in the final game.

11. Black Theorem

Black Theorem Ancient
    Forge Critic Senior Member

I think having very different bits and pieces help to make yourself stand out. Look at Halo 3, there were plenty of permutations that were very noticeable and different from the norm - like the Hayabusa helmet and katana, the Security shoulders, the EVA body, and the Rogue head.

12. Transhuman Plus

Transhuman Plus Ancient

Question, does obtrusive armour increase your hit-box size?

I really don't see the point of customisable armour. By that I mean, having unique player exteriors adds a sense of realism to the game, but they're never different enough so that you can immediately tell two players apart.

13. oh knarly

oh knarly Ancient

No it doesn't, I remember reading somewhere (probably bungie update) that the hit-box remains the same no matter what armour you're flaunting.

14. LIGHTSOUT225

I feel this was directed, in part, at me. Just like to say that I never said there needed to be more DMRs on the map. I know precisely where all of them spawn, including the 2 Needle Rifles. And I scoop them up as often as I can, precisely BECAUSE TS on the map isn't as fun without one (I also pick up a Needler whenever I can but thats neither here nor there). Its like playing AR starts on Isolation. You can do it, but it just doesn't work AS WELL as it does with BR starts. Powerhouse TS needs a DMR loadout. It would play MUCH better.

15. thesilencebroken

You are out of your mind. lol
    I was incredibly thrilled with Halo 3s launch to see all the different armor.

16. Matty

Matty Ancient

Well you sound very easily amused. I heard the graphics on these are rad.

[​IMG]

17. thesilencebroken

So I like customization and variety. Why do you care? Is that all you do is get on and be as cynical and snotty as you can?

18. ZANDER1994

ZANDER1994 Ancient

omfg look at that blue one! It's not even touching the wood! It defies the pattern all others have made!

19. thesilencebroken

You indeed said it didnt play well for slayer. However, I was not referring to you at all actually. Sure, A loadout with a dmr would be swell. However, I feel there are enough on the map to suffice. From here on out, assume my posts have nothing to do with you unless you're quoted. Im just talking from experience of listening to other players in matchmaking, and people ive been in parties with.

20. Transhuman Plus

Transhuman Plus Ancient

Yeah but they can't push it far enough (more obtrusive, defined armour) because if they make the hit-boxes change with the armour, everyone will choose slimmer armour, and if they don't, people will choose the larger armour because it masks their actual hit-box more.