Halo: Reach Discussion

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Vincent Torre, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Ladnil

Ladnil Ancient

Pretty sure they've shown us the loadouts for all the Beta gametypes, and none use that space. That's why I think it is for settings they haven't talked about yet.

2. Red Army

Red Army Forerunner

This and this

3. Camel Carcass

Camel Carcass Ancient

*Ends on May 19th"
    -Destructoid

4. Spicy Forges

Spicy Forges Ancient

Thats quite short. Oh well, a beta is a beta, not a full game. I just hope I can work around my half yearly (year 10) exams to clock up some beta time.

#784 Spicy Forges, Apr 29, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  5. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

but you have to remember, the halo 3 beta was only supposed to last two weeks, and about a week and a half got tacked on to it, so we just have to hope, that nobady will tell sage and the bete will run longer then planned.

6. Valor1204

Valor1204 Forerunner

I'll be testing out the different loadouts, but I'll probably mainly use Expert Marksman. My second loadout I would use might be Grenadier; the grenade launcher looks awesome.

I don't know if anybody read my earlier post, but the Warthog chaingun can overcharge. Bungie might be going in the right direction, but if you think about it, no human weapons overcharge. I just wanted to know some of your opinions.

7. Red Army

Red Army Forerunner

I lol'd at this.
    Good show sir, good show.

8. RiioT

RiioT Ancient

Are you ****ing high? This is possibly going to be the greatest halo series game ever released. And you say that? Non-halo fanboy much?

9. Matty

Matty Ancient

The good news is theyv planned the dates out. So basicly all we have to do is **** up Invasion as best as we can, and hopefully they will make it run longer than the final 6 days or whatever due to confusion on why it's not playing the way it should.

10. CzIz

CzIz Forerunner

Yes its 3 v 3, however for reasons unknown, it has a maximum party size of 2.

11. Yeti

Yeti Ancient

It just got real!

Downloading Beta now. 37% :)

Anyone else who got in, hit me up with an FR.

GT: RebornYeti

Looking forward to playing!

#791 Yeti, Apr 29, 2010
  12. Matty

Matty Ancient

what the **** you on about

13. rusty eagle

rusty eagle Ancient

Cool your jets turbo.

14. Matty

Matty Ancient

rusty pass the man some of that purple haze

15. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

Pretty sure after seeing some ingame stats, that everyone is just gonna use the dmr constantly, just like the br in h3. Not as excited with that.

16. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

Whilst I'm personally pretty OK with that, I can see your point. Luke Smith seems to be in love with the Pistol, but I wonder how it'll pan out in reality with wider use.

Still, at this point I'd guess that it won't be quite as skewed as H3, the needle rifle seems like it could have a bigger impact than the Carbine did in H3, and even the pistol despite what I said above. Still, this is really only addressing precision weaponary, how the wider weapon sandbox varies in use is another matter, and in that wider sense I can't see you being wrong.

17. thesilencebroken

I dont mind the DMR, its a great gun... just like the BR. I just dont feel that other weapons will see the light of day if everyone has access to start with the DMR whenever they want. Im hoping they have improved some of the plasma weapons enough to where people will actually feel interested enough to put the DMR down for a few seconds a match.

18. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

In terms of starting with a DMR, I guess we'll just have to see how loadouts pan out. I've only seen them for Invasion, but tbh they seem pretty good in putting the DMR in its place. I'll still pick the DMR loadout, but it seems like that'll be because it's how I play, not just because it's just the best choice de facto.

On the subject of plasma weapons, the plasma repeator actually looks pretty cool. I can see myself dropping my AR for one a lot of the time, especially since dual weilding is out so I'd guess it's been sort of upscaled to the standalone level of the AR. Looks good for actual killing instead of just a quasi-mauler. Also the actual model just looks badass, much better than the toylike look of the plasma rifle.

#798 Pegasi, Apr 29, 2010
  19. thesilencebroken

Diversity is key, dear Pegasi. :)

20. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian