Halo: Reach Discussion

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Vincent Torre, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Shanon

Shanon Loves His Sex Fruits

Imma 4 shot you peg!

pew pew pew...*waits gor reticule to get smaller* pew.

2. MetaWaddleDee

MetaWaddleDee Ancient

IMO I think we'll all be pleasantly disappointing that we aren't amazing at this game instantly (hopefully it plays like a completely different game).

3. Mischgasm

Mischgasm Ancient

Armorlock. Too bad. Anybody know how the rankings are going to work in arena? I know gold is top 10% then onyx is top 1% of gold? Idk. Someone asked me today and I couldn't tell them.

4. II6clique jxIxj

II6clique jxIxj Ancient

Ok so the beta comes out may 3rd but when? Midnight??? and if at midnight which time zone?

5. Ladnil

Ladnil Ancient

I think Lies' button layout is better than Bumper Jumper or Default too. But between Default and Bumper Jumper, I'm handing Default the advantage for one reason: The AA button you're going to want to hold down while aiming, and jump is just a tap. Whatever ends up being on the face will need to be clawed, but that's uncomfortable, so I'd rather stick the one that is just a tap on the face than the shoulder.

Plus swapping controllers with people will be easier if we're all on default.

6. LIGHTSOUT225

It's gonna be interesting to see how things play out. We've never been measured by our individual play before.. I think a LOT of people are going to be surprised.

EDIT: and Peg, he switched because X for AA just doesn't work out.. at all (that's my assumption, at least). Each layout makes a compromise in some way. I'll be playing with Recon. It makes the most sense to me, and the transition will be easiest (i use default H3).

#706 LIGHTSOUT225, Apr 27, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  7. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

I'm gona miss the old style of ranking up. I hope there is a "50" to achieve.

8. Shanon

Shanon Loves His Sex Fruits

I hated that old system, waaayyy too many whiny bitches who wanted a 50 and then came into MM with new accounts and boosting.

9. Yeti

Yeti Ancient

Ahem, that would be "Onyx", I believe.

Off-topic: I have not posted here in so long. How's the old FH?

10. LIGHTSOUT225

Top tier of Onyx is more exclusive than 50

11. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

I'm still wondering how bungie is going to explain the existence of an alpha company spartan (Carter).

12. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

Oh I agree, I want AA on bumper no question. I just think melee is by far the best thing to compromise with having on a face button, tbh I'm kinda surprised they saw jump as the best thing to put on the face buttons when making default. I'm honestly more likely to stick with BJ than go to default if there isn't a custom option/the hopeful extra layout, a crippled AA sounds horrible I'll agree, but jumping has become a thoroughly integral part of basic movement for me since switching to BJ, I can't really see myself giving that up.

13. pyro

pyro The Joker

I am really hoping this custom controller setting is a reality. Nothing bothers me more than switching back to halo for a day from Modern Warfare and throwing a grenade when I try to scope in.

14. LIGHTSOUT225

You never "gave it up" in the first 2/3rds of H3's life, H2, or CE. BJ isn't THAT much better than default in H3. Its over-exaggerated, IMO. Jump is a quick split-second twitch of the thumb.

Recon is the way to go in Reach.

15. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

Naw, it makes a huge difference. Took me a bit to change my thought process but left bumper jump is just too solid. To be honest if it comes down to it..I'll run BJ and say **** AA's. I'll rock armor lock.

16. LIGHTSOUT225

Im not denying that it makes a difference. I just think that difference is, for the most part, over-exaggerated. And you still have to hold down the button to use armor lock, FYI. And you lose the ability to spin the cam during the lock.

17. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

You can still spin, just use right index finger for X. The only reason I wouldn't want to use this with other AA is that I dislike using my middle finger for trigger.

18. Red Army

Red Army Forerunner

No way, definitely not. If anything it's under exaggerated.
    I just want to have Jump on the Left Bumper and AA on the right bumper and I will be happy, it's annoying that I couldn't have melee up there but it's an acceptable sacrifice. I'll most likely use the Sprint AA, at least an AA that doesn't require a trigger to be used seeing how if you have it on the RB you can't use the RT. Unless you're one of those crazy people that uses two fingers on the trigger and bumpers, but screw that.

Anyway, hoping for some kind of custom so I can put the AA on L3 or R3.

19. Spicy Forges

Spicy Forges Ancient

Couple of things:

That 60 second live action commercial disappointed me. I dont what it was but it just didn't have any wow factor, and if thats how they are trying to promote Reach then they need to rethink.

Second, when you stop a sprint you bring up your weapon like you've switched weapons. This is weird and kinda annoying. Why cant it just move back into position into instead being brought back up and playing the activation sound. It happens all throughout the Sword Base SWAT Gameplay video on the 1up website.

Also Im only just realizing now that somehow a spartan did an evasion roll (elite only AA) in the Reach Multiplayer Trailer.

20. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

It's so you can't sprint right into lunge range and **** someone up. It would be hardcore overpowered if you could attack out of sprint.