Halo: Reach Discussion

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Vincent Torre, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Hari

Hari Ancient

We dont know jack **** about Reach yet.

I doubt theres a limit. The reticle bloom and quick accuracy decay will take care of that problem fine.

My assumption is that it holds up to its name. GRENADE launcher. It will be like a projectile grenade, one that you can time. Its not an instant kill unless their shields are popped. Remember damage doesn't overflow from shields to health?

2. Short Bizzle

Short Bizzle Ancient

First off:
    I think what he means is it doesn't shoot EVERY time you pull the trigger. There is a maximum fire rate. This however might just be controlled by the reticle bloom and your accuracy. Cannot wait for all the crazy stuff Reach is bringing to the halo universe.

EDIT: Dang it Hari for beating me to this by 2 minutes!

And for my rant:

I personally think this loadout thing is gonna make game play soo much better! You will have the option to equip yourself with the tools you'll need to encounter any situation as the game evolves. No more getting pinned down by players 'cause you have to search your base for a br. No more dealing with ppl camping the sword room. Basically it takes the place of putting all those weapons you will find scattered near a base and places them at your finger tips right when you spawn!

The way they are approaching AA is also exciting! Cannot wait to see what other abilities they have up their sleeves. No doubt these will lend themselves well to some of the most epic games of all time!

The replayability is gonna be off the charts with Reach. I personally haven't put the controller down since Halo CE, but I love all the new ways ppl come up with to beat the games (i.e. SLASO). Tell me you didn't think the annual achievement was a fun new way to beat the last level! With the new daily and weekly challenges this is gonna be so fun, and you'll be rewarded, and you'll be able to show off your accomplishments!

The way Sage is manipulating the sandbox of the halo we have come to know and love is simply amazing. He keeps all the features we need to recognize the halo universe, and he also brings new ideas to the table to keep things fresh without breaking what we love! I think I am in man love with him. haha

#242 Short Bizzle, Apr 7, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  3. MetaWaddleDee

MetaWaddleDee Ancient

I think one Podcasts said a direct impact is an instant kill...

4. Rifte

Rifte Ancient

Well... the thread's only been up for 4 weeks and only recently has Reach started to attract more attention.. that and most of discussion is based off of assumptions

I hope not, in the trailer a guy got a kill from firing a single grenade launcher shot. At first I was thinking, oh wow broken weapon. But then after close inspection you can see he got an EMP medal, so somebody finished his victim's shield off first.

*sigh of relief

#244 Rifte, Apr 7, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  5. LIGHTSOUT225

you forget the grenade launcher's secondary fire has an emp blast.

6. Rifte

Rifte Ancient

I did actually.

[​IMG] "Kill an enemy with an EMP"

Oh dear, maybe it is OHK..

7. pyro

pyro The Joker

Seeing as weapons in halo take many, many shots to kill, I assume the grenade launcher will be similar to the brute shot. A one shot kill could be incredibly overpowering in halo, especially if it has multiple shots before reloading.

8. Rifte

Rifte Ancient

it only has 1 shot before reloading.

9. ROFLwaffleP133

ROFLwaffleP133 Ancient

I don't think Bungie would have a weapon that similar to (and exceeding) the Rocket launcher's qualities. They said everything in the beta is subject to change, and who knows? maybe you get an EMP medal with any Grenade Launcher kill? Even a Sheild-less foe?

10. Hari

Hari Ancient

The only weapons that can OHK are the sniper, rocket launcher, and plasma launcher. The rest are subject to the shield threshold property. A grenade launcher will kill anyone without shields in one hit, or just take out their shields if they have them. it looks to be a support weapon, not a power weapon.

11. CzIz

CzIz Forerunner

This should solve most of the bickering about the grenade launcher. Basically, it will do many different things depending on how it is used. The only thing left to decide is whether or not it can one hit kill if it is a dead on shot. The bit that says it will do a fairly sizable EMP blast (but relating to a different style of using it) seems to suggest it will remove all shields if any are left, or kill you if you have no shields. Put simply, it does much the same as a grenade but you have better control over it. I think.

12. Transactionzero

Transactionzero Ancient

Theoretically if you were to shoot the launcher at another spartan and hit him dead on it would do impact damage and then explode. So, there is a possibily that it could OHK, but I almost don't see impact damage as being a shield killer.

13. rusty eagle

rusty eagle Ancient

I wonder how much impact damage could do. Theoretically, you could take someone's shields down and finish them off with grenade impact. It would be especially cool if a teammate was nearby when the explosion went off. Could set up a wicked double.

14. Black Theorem

Black Theorem Ancient
    Forge Critic Senior Member

The impact damage is minimal, and as mentioned before, the health system's different now. A more clear line is drawn between shields and health: Damage that can do OHKs does not overflow from shields to health. The damage of a grenade blast at "ground zero" can only take out shields, and if the shields are already completely down, only then will a grenade kill.

I think the alternative fire will not affect this either. The only thing I can think of that the EMP will affect is vehicles, so taking out vehicles that are driving around will be easy.

ON another note, I wonder if the grenades will bounce and/or roll, or if they will hit and stick to the ground or if they can be placed on walls and under overhangs like C4s.

#254 Black Theorem, Apr 8, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  15. rusty eagle

rusty eagle Ancient

I think they'll be the standard grenade we're all used too. Mainly, that they'll bounce once and then explode.

16. LIGHTSOUT225

17. Ozarka

Ozarka Ancient

YES! I am so glad I stayed home sick today :D
    *scurries off to read IGN*

18. Mace

Mace Old Tyme

19. CzIz

CzIz Forerunner

we got some pretty sweet pictures there :)

20. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

"Generator Defense test situation"

Did they talk about that anywhere? I wonder if it is based off of the book version of the MAC platforms generator defense from First Strike.