Halo Infinite Forge - Weekly playtesting lobbies, Next Friday Night Feast: 12/2 @ 8pm EST

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by iParanormal, Nov 26, 2022.

1. iParanormal

iParanormal Member
    Forge Critic

Ladies and gentlemen,

Welcome back! We're moving into Week 3 the Friday Night Feast! We had a great 4v4 playtesting lobby last week, again. Which leads me to this week's news. We're moving this event to be an exclusively 4v4 playtesting lobby. The documentation below has been updated to reflect the new nature of these feasting events. Moving forward, we are only going to be playtesting 4v4 maps with a special focus on competitive arena maps.

Please note: I will still be accepting submissions of all map types. Any maps submitted will feed in to the appropriate communities where those types of maps are the focus.

Big updates to the Friday Night Feast for this week:
    - Friday Night Feast focus moving forward: 4v4 arena & competitive maps and modes

FRIDAY NIGHT FEAST
    Next feast date: December 2nd @ 8pm EST

What is the Friday Night Feast?

The Friday Night Feast is a weekly tradition on my twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/Soz3r. Every Friday I'll make a post like this on Forgehub.com, Forgehub Discord, /r/Halo and /r/Forge to give an opportunity for anyone to submit their map for testing the following week. Anyone can submit a map to me via any of the above mentioned avenues by following the steps below for How to Submit a Map. Between the Friday when this post is made and the Friday when the submitted maps are tested, I will be creating content for the maps that have been selected and approved for feasting. I wish we could thoroughly test all maps for all players. See below for details about the approval requirements for the Friday Night Feast map submission process.

Friday Night Feast was a great time in the past. Some ask why it is called "Friday Night Feast" and that's primarily due to how we're quite literally feasting on Forge content during this time. Every week Forgers push the precipice of what is possible and what is capable in the Slipspace engine. During the Friday Night Feast we let those that have prepared these meals for us put it in front of our hungry faces and we DIG IN. This provides some real mmmhhyea feelings for sure, because these Friday night events give something for everyone to feast on.

EVERY WEEK:
    - New post will be made in Forging communities to collect maps for the following Feast
    - I will create Introductory Multimedia for many of the submitted maps
    Current number of Introduction videos: 12​
    - I will package multimedia about each Friday Night Feast on my Youtube channel
    How to Submit a Map for the Friday Night Feast:

Because I am collecting submissions from multiple sources, you must submit your map via the below Google Form: https://forms.gle/bVU2N7Hx2rpuEY8HA

On the form there are 10 questions. I will list the questions below for your convenience. However, do not answer these questions in this forum or on this post. Improper submissions will be ignored.

Questions:

1. What is your gamertag? [string]
    2. What is the name of your map? [string]
    3. Please provide a link to your map on Halo Waypoint
    4. What gametypes does your map support? [options]
    5. How many players does your map support? [options]
    6. Have you previously tested your map AT ALL? [string]
    7. Has the map file been made available for download on your fileshare? [yes/no]
    8. Do you have any comments, descriptions, or remarks that you would like me to cover during the broadcast? [long string]
    9. Do you agree that your map meets a median quality standard and is not a trolling, offensive, demeaning, or defacing in any way? [yes/no]
    10. Please provide me with the best way to contact you if I should have any questions: (Discord preferred) [long string]​

Once the form is submitted, your map will be in my que. Throughout the week I will be reviewing submissions and creating the content for the broadcast. You will not be notified or have any knowledge of maps that have been selected. Please do not request a status on if your map has been chosen. The only way to know if your map is selected is to either view the broadcast live on https://www.twitch.tv/Soz3r during the Friday Night Feast or catch the VOD that will be published the day following the feast.​

What is the selection/approval process for maps submitted:

The approval and selection process for maps submitted for the Friday Night Feast are as follows:
    • Prioritizing advanced Forge creations to provide a platform for viewers to also learn about new Forging techniques
    • Prioritizing maps further along the development pipeline
      • where feedback and testing is far more detailed and advanced
      • this usually means a more honed player experience
      • will result in a better viewer experience as well
    • Prioritizng 4v4 competitive arena maps

What is Soz3r's commitment to each Feast?

I solumnly vow to:
    • prioritize spotlighting creative community creations
    • create an avenue for map makers to see their maps in the hands of players
    • create an avenue for viewers to see a vareity of maps and how to obtain them
    • create multimedia assets for maps selected for feasting
    • instill positivity back into Halo's bloodstream
    Recap from last week's feast:

#1 iParanormal, Nov 26, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
    Titmar likes this.
  2. unremarkable

unremarkable Marine

Definitely gonna try to make it this time! Not sure if my map will be ready-ready in time, but maybe I can grind out a playable WIP with some temp geo for stuff like the roof and whatnot.