Halo Anniversary Forge Mode

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by CookieKay, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

You'll take your **** trees and **** shadows and you'll like it. Shithead.

(Note to overzealous mods: I don't actually think Overdoziz is a shithead.)

I like the idea of a forge tree object, provided it doesn't hamper performance and the lighting render isn't really goofy as it can be with rocks on Forge World. This might be enough to tempt me back into forging...

2. PacMonster1

PacMonster1 Senior Member

...what trees look the same to you?

I see trees of various sizes, colors, etc. So while it is possible all those trees could be in the palette, the bulletin did say 1 of which.

(NEW) Halo CEA - Timberland Gameplay! - YouTube

#102 PacMonster1, Sep 22, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  3. robbieagray

robbieagray Forerunner

Would be great if you could create a tree house or two on timberland. Headlong would also make a great Infection map if someone were to forge it right. :D

4. SPL4TTERMAN

SPL4TTERMAN Forerunner

I doubt it, it will probably have forge modes on all the maps they're making, Timberland most likely having the most forgable objects. I know Battle Creek will have rocks they will use to cover tunnels and areas not wanted to be accesed in the classic verison of it, rather that the remake.

5. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Talented
    Forge Critic Senior Member

From the Halo bulletin:

Eh?

6. Stevo

Stevo Drunken Bantersaurus Rex

They blates nominated half the features on forge hub.

7. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Talented

What are you talking about?

8. Xun

Xun The Joker

That's why I said "probably", my fair-weather friend. ;)

I was guessing the trees would be all pines, like in the original version...

[​IMG]

I hadn't seen the new version though, so I was wrong, evidently.

EDIT: Watching that video though, I notice that there are mostly pine trees on the map, with at least two distinct types. One having a shorter trunk before foliage, and the other a longer trunk. So it may be possible that the pines are removable as they seem to be stock types, and the different, more unique trees may not be removable at all. Don't know, just guessing though. Chances are none of the trees will be removable as it seems more logical though, and the only viable Forge space that will, likely, be the best place to Forge will be HEH. Speculation abounds!!

#108 Xun, Sep 23, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  9. robbieagray

robbieagray Forerunner

I kind of hope that both timberland and headlong have forge capasity like tempest (except human parts for headlong). It would be so fun to great an infection map on Headlong and tempest could make a really spooky forest with the purple fx. :D

10. Stevo

Stevo Drunken Bantersaurus Rex

lol, remember that phase where every map had a tree in it and it automatically qualified for feature because of the tree?

11. Deniedoath

Deniedoath Forerunner

so forgeable trees are confirmed?

12. PhantomStrike

PhantomStrike Forerunner

its not even likely from what we have seen in Halo of all the games, I saw that some maps could place tree branches like Tempest and Vahalla but no trees have not been confirmed on past maps,even if 343 is taking over they still have a Bunige-effect of influence due to the effect that they are lead and have some past Bungie members working in the same project. This may allow for forgeable trees but if they don't then we are just getting false hopes but if your right for HALO 4 (not in CE A due to the fact it runs on the Reach system as well as the CE orginal.) which mostly everything is unknown about but the campaign terrain, the name of the planet of campaign, and that if follows the Halo novels Halo Grasslands and Forerunner Primordium as the book covers of cryptum, primordium, and an unamed 3rd book to the Forerunner Saga alon with the rest coming in quickly were also in the 2nd halo 4 trailer. Anyway off topic so the point is that we won't be seeing Forgeable trees till around Christmas next year or none at all.

13. CookieKay

CookieKay Forerunner

In the Timberland remake Ridgeline you can forge with trees. how many, and what kind is undetermined.

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

Trees are in Ridgeline.

I believe, if my knowledge is correct, many of the maps will have their own unique forge pieces. Ridgeline's is trees.

I'm talking about Anniversary here, not H4.

#113 CookieKay, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  14. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

Actually they have been. As in, solidly. Go read the last waypoint update thing, they mention being able to forge with "One type of tree".

15. Lolwut Flying

Lolwut Flying Forerunner

I still await what the whole "surprise" of the Hang 'em High remake will be. I'm guessing that it would act as a new "sandbox" (Halo 3), since it's being kept so secretive.

16. Overdoziz

Overdoziz Untitled

Or it wasn't ready to be shown just yet.

17. PacMonster1

PacMonster1 Senior Member

Well technically all the maps have been "ready" for months. When you're this close to retail release there aren't things that are not complete yet. I believe its all just marketing strategy as to why they haven't publicly released information about it.

18. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

oh my derp im gonna make a treehouse map

19. Overdoziz

Overdoziz Untitled

Technically ready isn't the same as ready to be shown yet.

20. robbieagray

robbieagray Forerunner

There is a forgeable tree but it is a dead tree with rocks.