Halo 5 Forge: Classic Map Recreation Thread

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by roadkill630, Oct 31, 2015.

?

Which previous halo game are you the most interested in seeing recreated maps?

1. Halo CE

17 vote(s)
    20.5%
  2. Halo 2

18 vote(s)
    21.7%
  3. Halo 3

32 vote(s)
    38.6%
  4. Halo Reach

15 vote(s)
    18.1%
  5. Halo 4

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  1. Scalpel Technique

Do you think it would be possible to make something that big and BTW thanks for deadlock, my favourite map, I made a rocket race map on standoff and I might remake it on yours for a giggle

2. NOKYARD

NOKYARD GrifballHub
    Cartographer Forge Critic Senior Member

A very accurate 1:1 remake of Containment would be entirely possible, including the trench, caves, and a fully functioning gate.

Scalpel Technique and Skisma like this.
  3. Skisma

Skisma Creative Force

@NOKYARD Are you planning on tackling this? You saying this is totally doable just got me interested in possibly doing it.

4. NOKYARD

NOKYARD GrifballHub
    Cartographer Forge Critic Senior Member

I usually build one remake and 1 race track per game. Remake is done, so go for it.

5. SH1FTY

SH1FTY Talented

I want to do a Last Resort styled map, I really like that kind of one base offense defense BTB maps.

6. fame28

fame28 Forgotten Treasure

Just to throw it out there, I will as usual be tackling a Narrows remake. I'm thinking make the true original with aesthetics as close to the original as possible and perhaps a Halo 5 mechanics variant with new clamber and sprint / sprint jump map additions and scaling.

Given To Fly and Xandrith like this.
  7. darkprince909

darkprince909 Talented
    Creative Force

I'm planning on doing the same sort of thing with Turf, fame28. A classic version for the classic settings that we're hopefully working out, and one for H5 settings. Might hit Ghost Town too, while I'm at it. Although with that one, the aesthetics may have to change pretty drastically from the original, due to the shiny new pieces and the run down look of the original.

8. Skisma

Skisma Creative Force

Hey so I just noticed you called dibs on Containment, was that kind of in a joking sense? Lol

I'm pretty interested in doing it.

9. darkprince909

darkprince909 Talented
    Creative Force

If you want it, you can have it lol. If no one else takes it before I get to it, I'm doing it

Skisma likes this.
  10. Mr Bouncerverse

Mr Bouncerverse Legendary

I know there are going to be 1000 remakes of The Pit, but I think I might try tackling my own version that I've had in my head since before seeing this forge. I want to make it space themed with a different color scheme.

I think it would be a great way to get adjusted to the new forge.

EDIT: On second thought, I think I'm going to make it a re-imagining. I want it to work well in Halo 5 without having to resort to scaling it up a **** ton. Might make some major changes.

#30 Mr Bouncerverse, Nov 22, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  11. Skisma

Skisma Creative Force

@darkprince909 lol okay. Well as of right now it's probably gonna be my first project to get acquainted to the new forge.

12. Gabotron ES

Gabotron ES Recruit

Once I get my X1 I'll probably try to remake Highlands and Countdown.

13. belucheez

belucheez Forerunner

Gonna try to do Countdown, as well. I doubt I'll release it, mainly so I can learn the tool.

Also want to try my hand at a Last Resort re-imagining.

Others: Colossus, Pit, Powerhouse, Anchor 9

14. SecretSchnitzel

SecretSchnitzel Donald Trump
    Forge Critic Senior Member

I think Countdown could actually be a pretty cool map for H5, especially if you alter it slightly and add in crouch-jump-clambers between the levels (like the jump you can make into the fronts of Midship when approaching from bottom mid).

Didn't know you were a FH member dude. Haha.

Given To Fly and belucheez like this.
  15. belucheez

belucheez Forerunner

I don't post very often. I think I joined when THC went down and I needed a new home. lol

16. Preacher001

Preacher001 Forerunner

I love how so many people on FH enjoy making remakes of Halo maps. I have enough trouble remaking my own maps that I can't be bothered to remake original maps. Although every once in a while I want to recreate maps like DM-Morpheus. I'm pretty sure we should be able to get a reasonably faithful version of The Longest Yard in the new Forge as well.

17. Scalpel Technique

I'm calling bullshit on Halo 2 only having only 3 votes, surely its because of the age of the voters and not playing much XBL back in the day look at this list of absolute classics, 16 of them, I only left out a few, sure you had to deal with modders and superbouncers and lag but that was the game not the maps:
    Ascension
    Backwash
    Burial Mounds
    Colossus
    Containment
    Foundation
    Headlong
    Ivory Tower
    Lockout
    Midship
    Relic
    Sanctuary
    Terminal
    Turf
    Waterworks
    Zanzibar

18. Preacher001

Preacher001 Forerunner

@Scalpel Technique - I'm 42 and have played every Halo on release. Maybe people just enjoyed Halo 3 maps more. Time to stop rationalizing.

Also worth noting, Halo 3 maps have barely been touched comparatively, in the remake category.

19. a Chunk

a Chunk Blockout Artist
    Forge Critic Wiki Contributor Senior Member

It's good to know there are other old farts like me still messing around with kid games. ;)

Honestly, I prefer to play on completely new maps. I think there's the potential to make good Halo 5 maps out of any of the previous games maps with the right adjustments. I wouldn't mind playing on versions of old maps that have altered scaling both vertically and horizontally along with geometry changes that are geared entirely towards the H5 movement mechanics, but at that point it really doesn't matter which game they came from originally.

Seiceross likes this.
  20. darkprince909

darkprince909 Talented
    Creative Force

Something I'll probably end up doing with any remake I do is create a version for classic settings (we are still going to create a standard set of classic settings, right?), and keep it a straight remake, and make a "remixed" version for Halo 5 settings.