Halo 5 Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Zatherla, Jan 31, 2013.

1. PacMonster1

PacMonster1 Senior Member

TDT, Cortana is a smart AI, meaning she learns. She was plugged into numerous forerunner consoles through the 4 Halo games. I don't find it hard to accept that Cortana, who's based on Dr. Halsey's brain, could learn how to manipulate forerunner tech.

2. TDT Duke Nukem

TDT Duke Nukem Ancient

She is exceptional for a smart AI. The Didact called her an evolved AI but it's speculative to say why. Assuming she did learn Forerunner tech manipulation to that extent, shielding John from a shiva nuke with Hard Light would take massive amounts of energy and control over that energy. So where was the Didact's Ancilla in all of this?

3. StolenMadWolf

StolenMadWolf Promethean

Anyone got bets for Elite Super-soldiers? You know with Halsey on Juls Side. Or maybe insurrectionists if you read the books?

#63 StolenMadWolf, Apr 7, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  4. SilentJacket

SilentJacket Forerunner

huh with the what now?

5. Narfidy444

Narfidy444 Promethean

Well if you guys look at reach. Wasn't Cortana made out of forerunner juices? So shouldn't she learn how to manipulate forerunner consoles?

Here is what I imagine/want cause storyline.

Master Chief... torn with the loss of Cortana, is decommissioned to let the "new" breed of Spartans come out of their holes and shoot aliens and stuffs. The elites draw back to a halo ring where they hide out for a long while. They go off the UNSC radar and wait, trying to heal their crippling numbers. ENTER THE ARBITUR! Our always friendly Arbiter lands on the ring picking up an almost untraceable distress signal from his brothers. Arbiter is going home to the Covenant planet/citadel after a meeting with some diplomats or something on a UNSC occupied planet. He lands on the Halo ring finding the Storm Elites hiding out like little bitches. You would play as the Arbiter up to this point.

Arbiter narrowly escaping with his life flees to the UNSC infinity or something, on their way home from the events of Requiem. The Arbiter catches their cruiser and docks. He tells them everything about the storm troopers or what ever those elites are called. He demands to see the chief. The UNSC people are like "K arbetur, u too lyke but buddez or somthin. go right 'head bro." Arbiter enters chiefs room where we are greeted by the chief. We strategically don't see his face. Arbiter pats chief on the shoulder, Bro hugs commence. Arbiter tells the chief and the chief replies that he is retired now and wont fight, he lost Cortana and doesn't want to fight anymore. And he makes us cry. Chief makes us cry. Chew on that for a bit. Arbiter slaps him like the ***** he is and tells him to man up and fight. Other important storyline stuff happens and the Chief picks up his SMG (yes you heard me right) and goes and puts on his Armour. UNSC don't let him. Master chief slaps them like the bitches they are and puts on his armour with the help of Halsey who would hate to waste such talent. Arbiter and Chief flee to the ring in pursuit of the Storm troopers or whoever they are. You play as chief from her on out.

You reach the halo ring and kick ass take some names. All of the sudden there are forerunners that were there to maintain the "ring". They get all buddy buddy with the elites again and try to kill the dynamic duo. Chief kills a bunch of them. So does the Arbiter. Then peace is restored. We find out that the forerunners were there because they were extracting Cortana's data to make her whole again. Chief is dishonorably discharged for acts out against the UNSC's orders.

I didn't fuss with little details in this storyline so I don't really care a whole lot about some little things like how the forerunners have a ton of Cortana's data just lying around. When 343 hires me as their storyline designer I will care then :p

6. Zandril

Zandril Promethean
    Forge Critic Senior Member

He HAS been in the same armor for years. I'm sure he just wants to take a shower or something. I don't think he's gonna quit.

7. Zatherla

Zatherla Sweet Lemonade

8. Furry x Furry

Furry x Furry Ancient

Is it confirmed to be Halo 5? I mean, I wouldn't doubt it but the backdrop didn't say "Halo 5" so I don't want to jump to conclusions.

9. Zatherla

Zatherla Sweet Lemonade

Well to be completely honest, this thread was created for the next halo, so.. I just decided to post it here

10. Oli The G

Oli The G Forerunner

Here we go again!

Neo, I'd like to say now that 343 have confirmed that forge will not be in the game. Like, at all. Removed. And there shall be no spartan ops to compensate.

11. Elliot

Elliot BIOC

Where have you seen that? Link me.

12. EpicChief117

EpicChief117 Forerunner

Yeah. They said that the TV show would be a replacement for Spartan Ops. Just not enough people tuned back in for the second half of it. And Forge was becoming too unnecessary. It's a bit of a shame. They started casting for the show though. Apparently David Tennant has been offered a role.

13. Oli The G

Oli The G Forerunner

The bit about forge being cancelled? It was in a tweet 343 put up, but quickly got removed to avoid a backlash.

14. J DawgMillenium

J DawgMillenium Promethean

Who knows that they put it up if it was so quickly removed? Maybe the "quick backlash" is enough to change their minds.

If it is gone completely, I am not going to get an Xbox One.

#74 J DawgMillenium, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  15. StolenMadWolf

StolenMadWolf Promethean

The trailer looked good, if Forge is gone then I will be pretty pissed, but I will still be buying the XONE until there's something about the console I dont obviously like. Two things though, one is the launch date, obviously it's in 2014 (343 finally decides to move from Bungies 3-year gaps to 2-gaps.), but when? Since XBOX One comes out later this year, Im not sure what will make people keep the XBOX without Halo for a full year, as launching it even in Q3 may just be too early to launch an complete Halo game though it may be too late to get profits up. So it's possible Microsoft could push the game for summer 2014.

Second, a theory about the Chiefs armour, I mean I expected something new for armour, unless John heavily modified his armour, which could explain the robes. And what the hell is he doing out in a desert in the middle of nowhere, gone rogue or maybe the game could take place several years after H4.

Thats what I think anyway.

16. SpartanPeter

SpartanPeter Around the Block

No... No. Can't be! How could we know this so quick already? They know how important it is. I really can't believe it.
    And Forgewolf, about the robes.. I think he went rogue, in search for Cortana. Look what he holds in his hand. It might be a weird place to be, but it might lead him closer to Cortana.

17. Skyward Shoe

Skyward Shoe BTB Legend

lol, the game just got it's first teaser trailer. I highly doubt that is true and I see no reason to believe so.

Edit: Of course if it was I would most certainly not get the game.

#77 Skyward Shoe, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  18. Psychoduck

Psychoduck Spartan II
    343 Industries Cartographer Forge Critic Senior Member

I would love to see something to back that up, seeing as there's been no such information actually released.

19. Indie Anthias

Indie Anthias Unabash'd Rubbernecker

Well, I'm done here. It's been fun guys.

I was already 90% sure there would be no xbox 1 in my future. Now 100%.

20. Monolith

Monolith Ancient

Maybe they mean forge is gonna be removed but a more advanced map editor will replace it.

^I said it first ;)