Halo 4 Discussion

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by thesilencebroken, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Matty

Matty Ancient

Ohhh i remember. On Two Betrayals (Assault on the Control room but at night, against covenant and flood) you have to go to three of these rooms and step in the shield thingy to break it, or something. After that you are teleported to the Truth and reconciliation, to supposedly rescue Keys.

As i recall, shutting down the third one triggered an immediate cutscene? And next thing you are teleported (upide down) to the next mission, Keyes.

So i still don't know what your referring to :p

2. Playerhata27

Playerhata27 Ancient

But I mean, didn't the last level of Halo 3, the ark, Cortana said the flood is over? I know book-canon and game-canon are different, but from game to game canon it would be incorrect to say the flood is still alive when the game implied the flood was done. Lol sorry for not knowing all the canon, don't hurt me!

3. Matty

Matty Ancient

I think she means that the flood threat on earth is over.

4. R Richard P26

R Richard P26 Ancient

The flood came from another galaxy, so that's why the forerunners had them in the rings, they wanted to be able to study them incase more came. So there's one source for flood, and the rings themselves form another. I guess if whoever we have to fight in Halo 4 is in a forerunner structure releasing the flood could be a good way to fight them. I hate to imagine what they'd have to throw at us to make that sound reasonable though.

5. PacMonster1

PacMonster1 Senior Member

I would prefer fighting rogue forerunner AI and sentinels than the flood...I really disliked the flood. At first they were a scary enemy but three games I think pretty much is agreed they served their purpose.

Canon wise they could be brought back but they really shouldn't.

6. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

I'm pretty sure, if that thread is correct, you will be fighting forerunner AI.

7. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

I've been watching videos on youtube TRYING to show you where I mean, but every time I watch the two ares I've been playing, I can't seem to find footage of the part I'm talking about... I posted RIGHT after I played it, so it's not like my memory is that ****ed...

It was at night. The visual areas are lots of green and purple. Water you can actually go in and be under. Both covenant and flood fighting you. You make your way to an area with a ship hovering above. You fight up to a small raised ground and go into the purplish blue beam...

NO ONE knows what I'm talking about??

EDIT: This.

http://www.in.com/videos/watchvideo-halo-1-28-jarrive-capitaine-keyes--5360141.html

#167 thesilencebroken, Jun 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  8. Reign

Reign Forerunner

The flood wasn't gone, there were still some of them on the shield worlds, other planets and ships.

9. Matty

Matty Ancient

Aaaah i remember. That's in the middle of Keyes. You start off in the ship (which is what confused me), but yeah you go into the hangar and fall out, and then have to fight through the goo'ey terrain to get back to the lift.

10. QKT

QKT Ancient

its the same ship as the one in the 3rd level isnt it? 3rd or second, you go up there and keyes is all floody.

11. Security

Security Ancient

12. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

2012 is pretty far away..Could Halo 4 be on a new Xbox?

13. PacMonster1

PacMonster1 Senior Member

Very doubtful, kinect was suppose to extend the 360's lifespan another 5 years and it has only been one so far.

14. Jack Attaak

Jack Attaak Forerunner

It's a firefight-ish scenario, sure, but I can't see it being big enough for 4-player co-op. I'd guess something more along the lines of defending the marines on Halo (the second level) would make a more well=rounded firefight map.

15. CAPNxXxCANT

CAPNxXxCANT Forerunner

Haha kinect has been doing a very bad job of that. But yea I guess we might have heard of a new console coming out before the actual games for it.

Also, that thread on bnet said something about customizable vehicles and weapons without a menu (paraphrase), so I guess that ties in with all the crazy stuff MC is soon with his pistol in the halo 4 trailer. I wonder how much vehicles could change... maybe an amphibious thing? I read something about there being land, space and water...

I know I'm going out on a limb on some of this stuff and probably getting too far ahead with the info we have, but it'd be cool

16. Reign

Reign Forerunner

It's on the 360.

17. Stevo

Stevo Drunken Bantersaurus Rex
    Forge Critic Senior Member

I'm not so sure these two games should be in the same thread because now there are two massive discussions occuring.

Anyway... I spent about an hour reading through Halo 3 terminals the other day and found some interesting information:

Forerunners could still be alive.

Basically, the terminals follow 3 different stories.
    • The battle between a fleet commander and the infected fleet
    • Didact and the Librarians conversation logs
    • The story of Mendicant Bias

The most interesting of these is Didact and the Librarian. One is inside the kill-radius where as the other is outside, cataloging different species and finishing The Ark. There are also statements inside the context mentioning "shield worlds" that are unaffected by the rings effects. Sarge has also stated these "Dyson Spheres" are mentioned inside one of the Halo books "The Ghosts of Onyx".

Basically... if Didact survived on The Ark and was unaffected by the ring so he was able to return species to their homeworlds... other regions throughout the galaxy may also have been unaffected and forerunners may have stayed alive inside these Shield Worlds.

18. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

I know it's not very likely. I just said it was my favorite theory for the moment.

19. Xun

Xun The Joker

That was me, butthole. :p

20. Stevo

Stevo Drunken Bantersaurus Rex
    Forge Critic Senior Member

No he said they were called dyson spheres..

Anyway.. the bigger news is FORERUNNERS MAY BE ALIVE.