Halo 4 Discussion

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by thesilencebroken, Jun 6, 2011.

1. SecretSchnitzel

SecretSchnitzel Donald Trump
    Forge Critic Senior Member

It pretty much is... Why do you think I'm so supportive of it? :D

2. PacMonster1

PacMonster1 Senior Member

He's being facetious. Saying there is debate over there is like saying there is debate over here over why Z-Fighting is ugly. Sure someone might say it isn't...but not many will.

Anyone remember when forge was first revealed for Halo 3? It was late in pre-release right?

3. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

Lol, I'm thoroughly convinced the only reason anyone is arguing in support of Halo 4 here is because they like to oppose the masses. S'what FH do, fo realz.

4. SecretSchnitzel

Ah, playing the martyr... It can be surprisingly enjoyable at times ya know.

5. Security

Security Ancient

It's obvious that no one here really likes the changes, but some people are playing devil's advocate to basically prevent this thread from becoming an anti-Halo 4 circlejerk.

So just wait for Halo 5.

6. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

It's good to know that there are a few people who aren't completely blind to it. :)

Anyone know when that podcast is coming out? I'm genuinely interested in what Frankie has to say in non-text format, because it seems everything he says is being misinterpreted.

7. RightSideTheory

RightSideTheory Legendary

Clearly, this game isn't going to be the sequel to Halo 3 (or 2) we all wanted, but let's face it, Halo ended. It wasn't Call of Duty. It had a beginning and an end, and it was good.

This, isn't really true Halo. So I understand why everyone is angry about it. This is, indeed, a completely different beast than what we loved in the past. That doesn't mean it wont be a good game.

343i isn't made up of a random bunch of idiots, they have to realize that so many things were bad with reach... and have some idea of how to fix them, if they've decided to go forward with the same ideas.

At the very worst, it's just a Call of Duty knock off with Halo mechanics, but hey, most of us own quite a few of the CoD games, and at least it will have base mechanics we all like.

Basically, yes, it's not the classic thing we all fell in love with, but that doesn't mean the completely new and different game that Halo 4 so obviously is, will be atrocious.

8. Elite Warrior5

Elite Warrior5 Forerunner

It will be a cold day in hell when I let 343i ruin Halo 4. Oh look...

[​IMG]

9. SecretSchnitzel

This is so terribly true... And while it may not be a bad game in the end, it probably won't be a game that I want to buy... I want my Halo. If I had wanted a different game, I would have moved on a long time ago... I'm very picky with the games I choose to play... To this day, there have only been three franchises that have won over my heart: Halo, Metroid and Starcraft. There's a good reason for that too. But the day Halo becomes a completely different game is the day my heart moves on...

We all gotta grow up sometime, right? Why not now? The Metroid I knew and loved is dead as well... And SCII is too much for my laptop to handle... I suppose my gaming days are over.

10. A Legit Taco

A Legit Taco Forerunner

Yes, not talking about how much we hate the changes and being a bystander in all of this will accomplish a lot, albeit making it more positive. #sarcasm

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

That's what happens to sequels. The primary focus is to make money. When that no longer applies, they change it up.

#1650 A Legit Taco, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  11. Security

Security Ancient

It's not about accomplishing anything. 343 have gone out of their way to make this game the way they want to, even at the expense of fans. If their vision is that important to them, your damn well sure I want to play the game. I hope they don't change a god damn thing now, just so you guys will move on or continue to play Halo 3.

12. Bloo Jay

Bloo Jay Ancient

This is a discussion thread. You discuss stuff, not post idiotic pictures and make one liners about how bad you think this game will be.

Infractions pending for any who do not heed this warning.

13. A Legit Taco

A Legit Taco Forerunner

I'm pretty sure talking about how bad it will be is voicing our opinion, and it pertains to Halo. It's not fair if you take away our freedom of speech. Although it doesn't mean we can't keep it quite civilized.

14. RightSideTheory

Facepalm.

C'mon, read the whole sentence before you feel offended.

15. FrozenGoathead

FrozenGoathead all i want is a CT that says mullosc

The transformation of the Elite in Halo:

Halo CE
    [​IMG]

Halo 2
    [​IMG]

Halo 3
    [​IMG]

Halo Reach
    [​IMG]

and finally, Halo 4
    [​IMG]

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

/attempted to calm the mood, and change the subject.

#1655 FrozenGoathead, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  16. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

That elite has leprosy.

17. RightSideTheory

It's armor is super bad-ass though.

18. PA1NTS

PA1NTS Promethean

If you guy's haven't seen the Halo Fest Video of 343i getting interviewed for an hour about Halo 4. WATCH IT.
    It confirms IN VIDEO the crazy changes we've been hearing about. All of them get so sweaty and nervous. Hilarious. To me it's just interesting. Halo 4 is far away, but with the game's overall direction and the proof we see everywhere on the internet. How much will they actually listen? Between now and release date will be the epic battle for Frank to keep Halo fans not only satisfied, but give us that same addiction to the hobby that we all love.

19. SecretSchnitzel

Kiki Wolfkill.... So many bad wishes I have directed at her. She looks and sounds like a corporate puppet. Ugh!

Second sentence invoking protection from the angry Bloo.

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

Thoughts, opinions?

#1659 SecretSchnitzel, Apr 9, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  20. Shanon

Shanon Loves His Sex Fruits

lol Reach sucked at pairing people