Halo 4 Discussion

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by thesilencebroken, Jun 6, 2011.

1. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

Well people are bitching even more over there. I know that 343 knows how the community feels at this point.

2. Security

Security Ancient

When people say Halo Reach sucked is when I disregard their argument. Seriously, play a game that got 6 or below on metacritic. Go play a random $2 game from the bargain bin at gamestop and tell me that Halo Reach sucked. Halo Reach did not suck. Having an opinion is fine, but have some common sense. Halo Reach didn't "unnovate", it "sideivated". It took what was in Halo 3 and added to it. That doesn't seem like a step backward to me. But that doesn't matter because Halo Reach was a spin-off. Spin-offs don't have to play by the rules because they are not part of the main series.

That Mass Effect example is the worst case of gamer entitlement I have ever seen. If I don't like the way a story ended, I move on, because I know that the story is a work of art and it is a vision of the writer. If I don't like a painting in a museum, I can't complain to the artist that the painting sucks and they should re-do it. If I didn't like the way Harry Potter ended, I wouldn't bake J.K. Rowling a cake with my grievances iced on top. Games are the same way and should be treated as such. If you don't like it, write a bad review on Amazon.

AND STOP SHIFTING THE BLAME ONTO MICROSOFT!

3. A Legit Taco

A Legit Taco Forerunner

It's highly unlikely they will remove features from the game that they have worked on AFTER the game sells like crazy. That is why it is essential that we do it as soon as possible, and keep it alive. An ending of a game is one thing, but huge features of a games multiplayer experience? It has been many months since Halo Reach came out, and they still haven't replicated the classic Halo experience. So why do you expect it to happen this time? If people do the same thing, they get the same result. WE have to do something about it. If we don't, the message they perceive is that we are excited for these new features. That's why I'm so happy that all these major Halo commentators are already expressing their opinions.

4. Oli The G

Oli The G Forerunner

everything is microsofts fault. EV WY THING

IT NEEDS A PICTURE TO SHOW YOU HOW SRS THIS IS!

[​IMG]

I think halo reach was a goodish game actually.

5. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

I still think we should wait for at least a gameplay video and that podcast before flipping.

Oli: Great image bro.
    I loved Reach. Sure, it wasn't Halo 2, but it was still a great game.

6. CAPNxXxCANT

CAPNxXxCANT Forerunner

I remember somebody a while back saying something like this, so halo 4's changes should venture away using halo 3 as the starting point rather than reach. I completely agree with this, but it doesn't look like it's happening

7. A Legit Taco

A Legit Taco Forerunner

No they didn't. They did not take halo and just added to it. They changed many elements of the game. Jump Height for one. I can think of many, many more.

8. PacMonster1

PacMonster1 Senior Member

Then you know what, don't buy the game, join petitions not to buy it and keep all that located to the proper channels. Send the message through sales. If you think a vocal minority of "hardcore gamers" can't accomplish anything well at the very least a fiscal minority of gamers would get some attention. The Left 4 Dead 2 boycott lost all its credibility when its top members bought Left 4 Dead 2 on release day. If you have a problem, air your grievences in the proper places and don't buy the product. I think it is wrong to have such strong visceral reactions and predeterminations based on such little information but I do not condemn people for doing it, I simply ask them to take it somewhere else. I don't want to read through 50 posts before I see some real discussion going on over specific details. That was happening earlier regarding the Spartan Ops thing and the frames per second thing. I want to see more of that.

As far as the classic defense of, "if we don't ***** now then definitely nothing will change". That is the lamest go to response yet. All it does is cause the developer to have to clarify things more often (which is good and a result of people raising the concerns in the proper channels, not in game communities they cannot see) but never change significant aspects of the game design. By now the game is probably post-beta build and being bug checked.

OT: I completely disagree with security on the Mass Effect thing but I'm not going to discuss it in a halo discussion topic.

9. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

I'm sorry dude but creating unlockable weapon upgrades and stuff like that does not cater to the casual player as everyone in this thread seems to think. I am a casual player and because I do not spend a lot of time playing online matchmaking I quickly get left behind when it comes to that kind of stuff, and the game becomes impossibly hard and un-fun when everyone else has better weapons while you are still stuck with the default ****.

That is the reason I do not play COD or Battlefield. That is the reason that if this does exist in Halo 4 I will probably rent it to beat the campaign and then never touch it again.

10. Oli The G

Oli The G Forerunner

Well pac, believe it or not a lot of people had actually moved on to general discussion and speculation and thoughts. Then you had to come back and decide you were going to take care of a situation resolving itself, not that there was a problem with it anyway. And by doing so caused more conflict, just mainly directed between you and others, with you trying to one up people, trying to demean them because as we all know, you are truely superior to everything, above opinion and reason.

Oh allmight pac, teah me how to breath? I'm not intellegent enough to do that!

As a wise man once said:

[​IMG]

11. Stevo

Stevo Drunken Bantersaurus Rex
    Forge Critic Senior Member

A full match of gameplay could be too late by that point.
    Heck.. to be honest, it already seems too late because they're already set on having it released this fall/winter.

I'd rather wait two more years for Halo 4's release and have it right, instead of have it this fall/winter as a piece of crap :/

Also... I've linked it on Waypoint a few times. You guys should help me and share it and **** :)

12. SecretSchnitzel

SecretSchnitzel Donald Trump

Ignorance is bliss... And this is Forge Hub... You can educate the willing, but you can't fix blatant stupidity. This thread is an exercise in futility.

Oh, and Pac... You're still alive?

13. A Legit Taco

A Legit Taco Forerunner

That's the problem. No matter how bad it is, I'll be compelled to buy it. Just like anyone. Then I will realize how bad it is, and not play it. That is NO REASON to say that we don't have valid opinions because we bought the game.

14. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

This argument is mind-raping, we should all, like, stop and stuff.

:3

15. ThrowinDemBows

ThrowinDemBows Takoyaki?

Not until someone proves their e-***** is bigger......

16. Overdoziz

Overdoziz Untitled

If only Stevo didn't put Sprint in the 2v2 Throwdown this could have all been avoided.

17. PacMonster1

PacMonster1 Senior Member

Why would you be "compelled" to buy it? Are you being forced to pay for things now? Damn fascist governments, making people buy things they don't want.

Some shrinkage may occur in the deep end.

#1637 PacMonster1, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  18. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

Sigged what Over said, because it was hilarious...

That's horrible logic. You want change, and you're up in arms for it, but you'll still happily buy it because some magical force is making you? Alrighty.

19. SecretSchnitzel

SecretSchnitzel Donald Trump

The debate going on at the MLG forums is much more intelligent than here...

20. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

Why's there even a debate at MLG? I figured it'd be all torches and molotovs by now