Halo 4 Discussion

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by thesilencebroken, Jun 6, 2011.

1. PacMonster1

PacMonster1 Senior Member

...um, we don't know? I would guess no.

2. Transactionzero

Transactionzero Ancient

Know what I want for halo 4 a complete sandbox of almost every halo weapon. They give us tons of pieces. Why not give us tons of exclusive weapons.

3. Oli The G

Oli The G Forerunner

Well, I do hope the GUI 343 has presented won't be anywhere near the ship artifacts.

The all caps and text all over the screen just looks too messy, and the things like the health bar seem too over intricated. I also much preferred the flat out weapon view, rather then one that looks like its warped to your helmet. The weapons also seem far too big, and although i'm beginnging to like the new art style of the BR, I don't like how the ammo counter is inset, making it a bit more difficult to view the bullet count.

Apart from the messy GUI i'm starting to grow on the new art style.

Oh, and on a random note I came onto this picture again

[​IMG]

I can't help but think that it looks an awful lot like a narrows remake. It's not, but I would love to see some remakes. Narrows, Guardian from Halo 3 were fabulous. And i'm also interested to see what they do with blood gulch/valhalla/haeommarhage.

Valhalla was the best incarnation imo. 16 player neutral bomb was paradise on that :D

#1163 Oli The G, Mar 11, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  4. Deniedoath

Deniedoath Forerunner

lolz thread page 117.

5. Oli The G

Oli The G Forerunner

I just made me a discovery :D

Will we have duel-wielding? Or is this simply a reference to weapon holsters, or potentially custom holding stances?

[​IMG]

6. Deniedoath

Deniedoath Forerunner

good observation but i believe that it's just technical information about the animation for debugging or something.

7. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

If grenades are half as powerful as they are in Reach, then spawning with an extra grenade is a complete *****. The nade spamming is bad enough now, imagine how bad it's going to be if people spawn with 3 grenades, and spam like a ***** anyway?

Now that I think of it, I'd like to see how Grenades are being handled, if they're going to be as they were in Halo 3, or if they're going to be Reach nukes.

8. FrozenGoathead

FrozenGoathead all i want is a CT that says mullosc

Please tell me, where the hell did you observe that grenades are half as powerful?

9. PacMonster1

...what? Its an expression. He's saying the grenades in Reach are overpowered so in Halo 4 even if they are "half as powerful" than that will disrupt gameplay.

I think that is a gross overexaggeration and people are assuming way to much based on maps they've played on instead of thinking about new maps that might make use of every change well. But, that's just me, mr. positive.

10. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

I'd like to see H3 grenades again. They were accurate but not too powerful.

11. FrozenGoathead

FrozenGoathead all i want is a CT that says mullosc

I want to see new forunner grenades.

12. PacMonster1

Which would do...what exactly? The point of a grenade is to explode or do some sort of area damage.

Spike grenades were essentially the same as plasma grenades. The only uniquely different grenade apart from frag and something that sticks to the target was the flame grenade from H3.

13. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

Yeah, this. I think people are too on edge.
    On top of that, it might not be that bad, but it really depends. If the Grenades were the same as they are in Reach (That would be a mistake, in my opinion), then there's going to be some annoyance when it comes to Grenade spamming, because WE ALL know that would happen.
    But I'm doubting the grenades will be left the same, I truly am.

And it would be a colossal feat to have something like perks, which change the game a bit for each player, and yet have each map perfectly balanced no matter what perk/set of perks you're using. That would pretty much mean it'd be flawless.

My only worry (I'm glad something new is being done, I don't want Halo 3.5), is that, similar to Call of Duty, some gap will be left in balancing in which something is going to be retardo-powerful and be abused. Like Armor Lock for lack of a better comparison. But that's only a worry, it's not something I'm basing on anything. Simply a worry.

That really depends how they'd work, tbh. Plasma grenades and Frags have their place, but there isn't any need to saturate the game with a tonne of un-needed grenades, like as Pac said, the Spike grenade wasn't much different.

But Frankie did mention the size of the new Sandbox, so there could some new grenades, who knows. I just hope if they do add something, it's not just a pointless reskin. There doesn't have to be a Covenant/Forerunner variant of EVERY weapon in the game, it's just a waste of space.

14. Overdoziz

Overdoziz Untitled
    Forge Critic Senior Member

With better agility and faster movement like in previous Halos grenades becomes much less of a problem.

15. Monolith

Monolith Ancient

I want a nuke grenade that wipes out an entire room... then turns everyone's screen green and makes them stop and just stare at the ground... FOR THE ENTIRE GAME

FREE KILLS WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

16. Oli The G

Oli The G Forerunner

Dude. thats called every single map on BF3.

17. Berb

Berb Forerunner

I want Halo 4 to stem closely from H3. Reach deviated from mainstream Halo 3 alot, but Bungie kept it fun, enjoyable, and 'Halo'. If 343 are going to deviate with H4, it needs to be from the mainstream, changing Reach even more would no longer make it 'Halo'

#1177 Berb, Mar 11, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  18. PacMonster1

...what? None of that followed clearly.

19. Berb

Berb Forerunner

Okay, we all know and understand that Reach was a different type of game than the original trilogy. Even though if differed a lot from the originals, it still kept the 'Halo' feel. If the new game differed even further onto Reach, then it would be so much different from the originals that it would no longer be Halo. 343 need to forget about Reach, and build upon the originals if the new game wishes to succeed and capture that Halo feeling.

20. CAPNxXxCANT

CAPNxXxCANT Forerunner

I follow what you're saying and agree with you. Just from looking at player speed and the fact that the BR is back, I think that they might be doing that