Halo 4 Discussion

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by thesilencebroken, Jun 6, 2011.

1. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

I seem to be down 1 xp token, does anyone know if the amount of xp tokens is always automatically used up for your next game so it is reduced by one automatically. I had 15, played one game and it told me I had 13 remaining.

2. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

just saw this and was about to post it.

i personally dont see the thruster thing as a "glitch"

but the boltshot reload thing is definitely yet another issue that needs to be patched.

3. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

after playing for a pretty good amount of time, I now completely loath the boltshot in mm. I think it's a terrible weapon, and I hate everything about it. all it's ever used for is camping around corners. I originally thought the charge shot would take some degree of skill to time, but no. I feel like at least once per game, I out-precision rifle somebody, only to have them duck around a corner at the last second, or they sprint around a corner or behind something, and crouch. and I know they have their little ***** boltshot out, so if I'm out of grenades, all I can do is yell at my tv and turn around and miss out on a kill I deserve

4. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

Who needs an open beta, eh?

5. RightSideTheory

RightSideTheory Legendary
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Tbh, I use the boltshot exclusively. It's drastically overpowered when compared to the pistol, and the only saving grace the plasma pistol has is it's emp.

Seriously, who at 343i thought it was a good idea to hand people an almost 1sk mini-shotgun and an EMP device as secondaries? Vehicle combat is all but dead if you're playing against anyone that actually knows what they're doing. I can't drive ten feet without someone shooting a plasma bolt or two at me. And the Boltshot, especially with this glitch, is strong enough to be a low-tier power weapon, like the mauler, or the needler from past games.

6. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

Starting to realise how easy sniping is in this game. The hitboxes are bigger than I thought, bullet magnetism seems pretty generous, and not getting scoped out when you're hit just makes it a cakewalk.

I was hoping it would be harder than Reach, I'm starting to think it's easier...

7. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

well...

im not saying that i disagree necessarily, just going to say what my experience has been.
    i've not encountered anyone using this glitch yet and i play quite a lot.

i've not encountered very many corner-camping boltshotters either.

if you're running any weapon besides the AR, you probably shouldn't be charging in around the corner after a player either.

playing smart is a simple way to avoid the sometimes OP'd nature of the boltshot.

i do not think that there is anything with the weapon at all. the glitch should be patched, of course. but the boltshot and also the PP are perfectly fine in my eyes otherwise.

8. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

It's a brave new world. Not necessarily a better one. That boltshot glitch is terrible, but I'm not fond of that thing as a sidearm anyway - too powerful. As for the plasma pistol, I wouldn't be surprised if it eventually ruins BTB once everybody starts using it and the vehicles become pointless.

9. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

It's a brave new world. Not necessarily a better one. That boltshot glitch is terrible, but I'm not fond of that thing as a sidearm anyway - too powerful. As for the plasma pistol, I wouldn't be surprised if it eventually ruins BTB once everybody starts using it and the vehicles become pointless. Anybody who ever played elite slayer in BTB knows exactly how it can go; the only valid vehicle tactic was getting in a wraith and retreating as far from the action as possible to launch cross-map prayers. If you were actually aggressive, you got EMPed and boarded instantly, every time.

#9609 Nutduster, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  10. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

yea, but the PP does not track anywhere near as well as it did in Reach.
    I'm hesitant, but i think we'll be okay.

11. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

That helps the more nimble vehicles but it means that things like the tanks and the mantis are basically screwed. And it's never been exactly hard to EMP a hog, even without tracking, because their movement speed and path are generally predictable. The banshees and ghosts will survive (as long as you play smart with them and don't go for splatters) but I fear for the rest.

12. GrenadeGorilla8

GrenadeGorilla8 Forerunner

Last night I emp'd a banshee and then skyjacked it. I do that to mantis's too or i'll toss two plasmas at it. The pp and plasma grenade loadout combo is very powerful for btb.

13. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

It's not just charging round corners after a player, but going round corners at all leaves you vulnerable to corner camping. That's why it is and always has been annoying. Surely you can't be suggesting that people just avoid corners.

"Playing smart" in this context = playing slow, and having quite a few key options cut off in any situation because the Boltshot user has any easy way out. It's not being forced to play smart that I resent, it's the Boltshot user not having to play smart and still coming out on top a lot of the time. I'm surprised people haven't made more out of the BS abbreviation yet, I think it's rather poetic.

14. CAPNxXxCANT

CAPNxXxCANT Forerunner

But..... I want the green visor

15. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

pro-vision is the counter to corner camping though...

16. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

Is anyone NOT using promethean vision? If so, why? I mean it's not got much of a point in BTB but in Infinity slayer I don't know why you wouldn't use it - it's sickeningly overpowered. They really should nerf it so that all you see when you scan is a static image, rather than a persistent one with people moving in whatever direction they're actually moving.

17. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

that's not a counter though. if I take down someone's shields and I see them run around a corner, I already assume that they're gonna be camping there with the bs. verifying that with pv doesn't help me take them out. all it does is confirm that I can't go around that corner, which I want going to do anyway, and confirm that I just missed out on a kill I deserve

18. RoboArtist

RoboArtist Forerunner

I dont think they can patch it. Its encoded into the disc and Im not sure if they could fix that. Much like the revenant glitch and the boosting tactic on the campaign.
    Edit: just realized Im a couple of pages past the boltshot glitch

#9618 RoboArtist, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  19. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

They should be able to patch almost anything, it's just that some things are easier to patch than others. Some things have hooks in the code where all they have to do is supply a new variable and it behaves differently (like making weapons do more or less damage). Other things would require supplying replacement code that gets saved on your hard drive, and then they have to tell the game to look for this patch rather than what's on the disc. Games with serious problems are patched this way all the time. I don't think Halo would be any different, though historically they have a history of trying to avoid it (probably because patches like that take a lot more work and expense to roll out and test).

20. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

i understand your frustration, im just playing devils advocate here...
    you can always do a melee rush on him to finish the kill, or you can hang back, let your shields recharge, go kill more of his teammates. he's not going to sit there forever. if he plays that card and kills you, getting that clinch moment and timing down and 1sk-ing you... who deserves it more? it could be argued back and forth forever.