Halo 4 Discussion

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by thesilencebroken, Jun 6, 2011.

1. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

2. mazdak26

mazdak26 Promethean

God damn, get your **** together, 343!

3. Chipsinabox

Chipsinabox Ancient

* cough no open beta equals glitches/bugs cough*

4. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

5. Chipsinabox

Chipsinabox Ancient

6. Security

Security Ancient

fixed

7. Loscocco

Loscocco Ancient

fixed

8. Security

Security Ancient

fixed

everyone knows Reach had no map exploits upon release

9. WhackyGordon

WhackyGordon Forerunner

Has it been noted that the dominion palette has auto-turrets and team-specific shield doors that can spawn in any gametype?

10. SpartanPeter

SpartanPeter Around the Block

Yes, you can. The turrets at least, go to halo 4 forge discussion and check out insanmiac,s map preview, Dreamers Folly. If you watch the video you see turrets defending the humans. Its an awesome map anyways :p

11. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

Uuuugh Abandon is getting old quickly. 10 games of "hold the middle building and cluster **** in there till 60 kills" is more than enough, thanks.

12. Chron

Chron Ancient

You've got that right. Not only does it revolve around spamming the centre with grenades until you gain control, but there are several cramps little areas littered throughout the map. I knew it was a shitty map as soon as I had my first game on it.

13. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

I played my first game and had exactly that experience, made me pretty skeptical of the map off the bat. The next couple of games were alright, people roaming and a decent amount of fighting in the path areas around the edge. But I think that was because people weren't familiar enough with the map to locate and grab the power position. Since then it's been pretty awful during the majority of games.

Solace also isn't as fun as it initially was for me. It look like a decent arena style map but the main area is too cluttered, the bottom goes unused and the bases are a little too boxy for my liking, suffering from the same issues as the Orbital bases did in Reach.

Still loving Haven, though. Complex still has some serious issues but is growing on me a little. Adrift can go either way, I've never been a fan of room/corridor based maps after CE (where they worked better imo), but I've had one or two fun games. It kinda depends on whether the fights are focused around bases/corners, or in those lift corridors. The latter type of game gets boring quickly if you ask me, but the former can be a lot of fun.

14. Korlash

Korlash Remember Isao
    Forge Critic Senior Member

This map is annoying me too actually.

You have to be on your feet 99% of the time because some nerd is going to sprint and assassinate you.

I need a decent headset so I can hear people sprinting behind me.

In other news: Why Halo 4 sucks (Sorry if this was already posted)

#9534 Korlash, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2012
  15. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

Agreed about Abandon. Assassinations are particularly bad on the main ramp, spawns are screwy I guess.

As for the link, that's hardly "why it sucks." Those are mostly functionality complaints rather than qualms with the mechanics. The custom game things are a big deal, sure, but we've been talking those over for ages so it's not exactly news.

My biggest gripe is still the aim acceleration cause it impacts upon near every second of gameplay. I've switched down to 2 cause I was sick of my aim swinging up in speed on even moderate sweeps. I've gotten my fine aiming back but now it feels sluggish and horrible. I'd happily settle for the low amount that Reach had, but ideally the option to turn it off altogether would be infinitely better. I know Halo 3 was well loved, but it was the single worst example of how to do aiming mechanics in the whole series, yet apparently 343 saw fit to use it as their inspiration. I'm enjoying this game a lot overall, but this is a seriously fundamental mechanic and having it feel all horrible is limiting how much I can enjoy any game, on any map, in any playlist.

Control scheme option, please.

16. GrenadeGorilla8

GrenadeGorilla8 Forerunner

I ran into a team of jetpackers on Abandon. That made it a thousand times worse.

17. Korlash

Korlash Remember Isao
    Forge Critic Senior Member

I've never been able to notice aim-accel that well in games, though I noticed some in Halo Reach / 3. I play 8 sens, and it's felt twitchier than ever for me. I like high sensitivity regardless because I need those damn reflexes when it comes to instant respawn + sprint. Games on Haven/Abandon play way too fast with that combination.

18. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

I'm having trouble figuring out something here:

on the waypoint site, where i am viewing my stats and service record and all that jazz...
    i want to find where it shows a picture of each weapon and my stats with it, like we used to have in our bungie service records, because i want to download those images to potentially use as graphics for later threads. however, i can only find my "most used weapon" and i cant find anywhere that shows ALL of the weapons.

any help on this?

edit --- nevermind... figured it out, just gotta type it in manually... still cant actually see them all.

the address is
    Code:
    https://assets.halowaypoint.com/games/h4/damage-types/v1/large/covenant-carbine.png
    for anyone else who wanted to do this. just type in the weapon name at the end

#9538 Titmar, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  19. Benji

Benji Ancient

I finally got that green visor. I'm pretty excited about it.

20. Audienceofone

Audienceofone Forerunner

I love abandon! It's so much like TF2 KOTH, just no hill.