Halo 4 Discussion

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by thesilencebroken, Jun 6, 2011.

1. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

^There arent skulls to find, just terminals.

2. Audienceofone

Audienceofone Forerunner

Favorite maps? I would probably say (in no particular order) Ragnarok, Meltdown, haven, and Abandon. They are all fun, though i havent played at least 1 (Vortex), and only got one game on a few others thus far.

3. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

Just tested my remake. Slayer pro went well, but it won't spawn any weapons you place on the map unless they are ordnance drops... Infinity Slayer was chaotic ridiculous fun, but not how the map should play at all. I made a classic Team Slayer gametype out of Infinity Slayer (so weapons would spawn), and it played much better.

4. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

Getting so sick of people playing Ragnarok in BTB. It's so boring.

5. stickmanmeyhem

stickmanmeyhem Ancient

The campaign was better than I expected it to be. However, if any of you have talked to me about Halo 4 before, you'd know that's not saying much whatsoever. While there were a few nifty moments throughout, there was never anything that actually stood out and 'wowed' me. My favourite part would have to be:
    The trench run along the Diadact's ship as he's orbiting earth. It felt like a throwback to the Star Fox games.

And the end of the game definitely left some questions to be answered.
    -Why were you fighting Covenant?
    -Why did the Covenant join forces with the Diadact?
    -What ever happened to The Arbiter and the vast majority of Elites who left the Covenant and returned to Sanghelios?
    -Why were there no Brutes with the Covenant you fight?
    -Which Diadact was it that you accidentally resurrected? (The fact he's trying to kill you suggests he's the second, but he mentions his betrayal, which also suggests he's the first...)
    -The Librarian said she caused 'eventualities' in human evolution which would direct humanity along a predetermined path so that they would eventually fight the Diadact. Does that mean she did the same in all of the Covenant species? The Humans making contact with the Diadact would never have happened if not for the Covenant.
    -What clever way are they going to bring Cortana back in Halo 5? It just doesn't make sense that 343 would kill off a character that's crucial to the story of the Halo Universe as soon as they take hold of it.

As far as multiplayer goes, it feels like it takes absolutely no skill to dominate at this game anymore. I can tell you this because I'm a mediocre player and I go into games and tear everyone a new asshole...
    I don't have any proof to back it up, but it certainly feels like getting headshots with the BR/DMR before the player's shield is popped has no benefit whatsoever. It really feels like four body shots with either of them pops the shield with one headshot after making the kill. Also, if you get the first shot off, you're basically guaranteed the kill unless their teammate shows up.

#9405 stickmanmeyhem, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  6. CHUCK

CHUCK Why so serious?

dude **** yeah i felt like han solo

-THEY WERE EASILY MANIPULATED ROGUE ELITES DUH
    -EASILY MANIPULATED BECAUSE ROGUE
    -not important
    -brutes are lame as **** to fight
    -nerd ****
    -and really the only real answer i have, one sarge passed on to me, and my reason for replying. they spent the whole game setting up cortana's fate. Think about all that talk of being able to pass in and out of a digital embodiment at will, what the prometheans were trying to achieve. and it's definitely clever, because i didn't see it until somebody pointed it out.

7. SargeantSarcasm

SargeantSarcasm In Loving Memory

Yeah those are trivialities. And I'm thiiiis close to making a thread on waypoint explaining all the plot strands that link to it. I'm confident that's the direction they're heading in. Or maybe I should just send them an "I see what you did there" email and ask for a job. It'll totes happen right?

8. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

hate that ****.

hopefully they'll go away when blops comes out, and their kill-whoring, objective-avoiding play styles can be more adequately catered to.

9. WWWilliam

WWWilliam Forerunner

Is a factor as to why Ragnarok is been chosen because its the only good/best vehicle map?

10. MockKnizzle008

MockKnizzle008 Ancient

I find oddball to be one of the most enjoyable gametypes so far. The passing feature really improved it.

11. Chron

Chron Ancient

It's not the only good one. Longbow and Exile are both great maps. I've heard good things about Meltdown too. Is Ragnarok the best though? In my opinion, it isn't. My favourite BTB map at the moment is Longbow.

And Titty, if you think Blops2 will reduce the prevalence of players that ignore objectives, think again. Even after Blops1 reduced Reach's population, those nubs were still around in just about every objective game that I played.

12. Starship Forge

Starship Forge Recruit

Now that I've played the game, lets see how well it fit these:

1-Wonky rotation. Yeah, it's just as bad (I hate how things go all askew when you rotate something on the x axis). On the plus side, at least the rotation is stable (at least, more stable than reach).

2-Save map glitch. Yeah, this is still there as well.

3-Disco. Not there as far as I could tell. I loaded up impact, and use duplicate to pretty much put as many blocks, inclines, walls, etc in a small space as possible, and never got disco. So sounds like it's gone (or at least, it takes an insane object density to do it in 4).

4-Magets and rotation. Yes, you can use magnet points as an anchor while rotating. Very useful.

5-Building block compatibility. Surprisingly, they are compatible now. All of the blocks categorized as flat are the same thickness (I was always a little put off by the fact that a 2x2 flat in reach was like twice as thick as a 5x5 flat. When I heard the building blocks were just re-skins, I pretty much suspected the variations in thickness would still be there. Thankfully, they're not.

So looks like the game is 3/5 (as far as these particular things go).

13. SilentJacket

SilentJacket Forerunner

14. Skisma

Skisma Creative Force

Is it just me or did they give us an extra .5 seconds for our multi-kills? I could have sworn we only had 4 seconds in previous Halo...

15. Waterfall

Waterfall Promethean

Is it really longer? I can't test though...

16. Benji

Benji Ancient

I'm fairly sure they upped the time.

17. Loscocco

Loscocco Ancient

(campaign spoiler...kinda)

First impression of the Librarian: why am I talking to robo-tranny-voldemort?

18. theSpinCycle

theSpinCycle Halo Reach Era

Body vs headshots had no effect on kills while shields were up in Reach. Considering the "shield" mentality, it shouldn't matter where on the shield one hits.

Perhaps a Youtube channel has put up a video of some new game mechanics? They tend to do that..

(searching atm, will edit if anything is found)

Body vs headshots had no effect on kills while shields were up in Reach. Considering the "shield" mentality, it shouldn't matter where on the shield one hits.

Perhaps a Youtube channel has put up a video of some new game mechanics? They tend to do that..

(searching atm, will edit if anything is found)

19. Skisma

Skisma Creative Force

Well I didn't actually time it, lol.

I went online to check out the sweet overkill medal I got in Regicide and in the description it says "killed 4 opponents within 4.5 seconds of each other".

20. theSpinCycle

theSpinCycle Halo Reach Era

The Reach one says 4 seconds, so yup.