Halo 4 Discussion

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by thesilencebroken, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Loscocco

Loscocco Ancient

2. SpartanPeter

SpartanPeter Around the Block

I think you have absolutly no idea, how large these maps are, way bigger then you think. Especially impact, i think you will be more pleased it you finally get to play and forge. (Played LSIALM when you were gone, got an rampage, 24 kills in one round XD)

Do you guys think halo 4 will be overflooded with maps? Would be cool on one side, destructive on the other side :p And man, i just pre-ordered the LE, and man thats very very hard to find, two days away from the release. I hope the store is even trustable, but i think so. I am happy though, but i ****ed up my school work now XD

3. Marcass2021

Marcass2021 Forerunner

does anyone have a link to that video of all of the forge objects? the halo 4 follower one says the video was taken down

4. Security

Security Ancient

I wouldn't get your hopes up

5. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

Another forge question that may have been answered; Can you still have items spawn x amount of time into the game? If so, how long is "x"? Can we have things spawn past the 3 minute mark or no?

6. Zombievillan

Zombievillan Ancient
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Lol, why are you watching the Texans game you Canadian?!

7. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

Parents live in houston, so they're my team.

8. mazdak26

mazdak26 Promethean

Is anyone else worried about the skins in halo 4? I don't think you'll be able to pull off many themes. As monotonous as gray was, it did make cities and spaceships believable. I think I would have preferred a more uniform pallette, similar to that of reach, with a little bit more blue, and slightly less ugly. I would take that over white any day.

9. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

Yep make everything all the same colour and texture so that only people that make aesthetic maps can do interesting things where the people that make maps to fight in and what not just have to deal with everything looking the same...

That makes total sense.

You want it to look like a ship you'll just have to use your imagination won't you.

10. PacMonster1

PacMonster1 Senior Member

You can't not want a monotonous palette, but want a "more uniform palette" the two are mutually exclusive.

The only way around that would be to be allowed to change the skin out of a choice of skins. Perhaps a later halo for that.

11. Mace

Mace Old Tyme

LETS ****ING GO WARRIORS!

Woohoo! That was an intense ****ing event. Great weekend, great showcase of Halo and Infinity, flag. Mmmmm

12. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

I don't agree Pac. They could have given us the same pieces with some black versions, grey versions..hell maybe some blue and other colors too. The problem with Reach's pallet was that the pieces didn't follow the same aesthetic theme at all. The brace looked nothing like 4x4, the XXL completely didn't fit with anything else. The patters on the pieces, the glass, etc was what made them stand out from on another. The Halo 4 pieces fit together aesthetically better so adding some more color choices of the overall pieces would have helped.

I have faith we'll get new environments though.

#9072 chrstphrbrnnn, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  13. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

Legit was playing pretty damn well, confirming my suspicions as to how useful the Boltshot looks compared to other secondaries. Pretty sure I'm gonna be rocking it from day one.

14. Mace

Mace Old Tyme

Yeah, overall I'm really disappointed they decided overall to stick with what they were comfortable with from Reach (ie dmrs mostly) and when we saw players deviate they did quite well most of the time. But overall a totally smashing and very intense event.

15. RightSideTheory

RightSideTheory Legendary

It works like a PP/Mauler combo, right?

16. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

I really wish the secondaries weren't there at all. The pistol is the only real secondary. The PP and the BS have too much usage (though the PP is a bit nerfed) outside of being a switch-to-when-out-of-ammo weapon. Really don't think secondaries were necessary at all.

17. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

No... you won't. lol. It's the last of the secondaries to unlock, and you'll need 3 spartan points to buy it. I still hadn't unlocked it at level 10... So I'm assuming it'll be day two or three. :p

So, here is a small list of my likes/dislikes for you guys. Please note that they are preferential.

-RAILGUNNNNNNNN
    -INCINERATOR CANNON
    -DMR and BR are both amazing, I honestly can't decide between them.
    -Lighting in forge is awesome, depending on which canvas you use.
    -Every weapon in the game feels powerful when you use it. The audio gives such an overwhelming feeling of beastliness to everything.
    -Promethean Vision was pretty awesome.
    -Magnet feature can be pretty useful
    -Lock feature in forge is amazing
    -Duplicate object feature is incredible
    -Default maps look great, particularly Meltdown. Really Halo-esc.
    -Audio is some of the best I've heard. I got over the missing "classic" sounds pretty quickly.
    -How they make you work to customize your character. Gives it more of an accomplished feel once you get your ****. Like I'm proud of my dude every time I get something I wanted.
    -Movement speed. Overall mechanics and **** felt great.
    -Sprint is surprisingly smooth and natural feeling.
    -Cyan Team's emblem.
    -Markers of where power weapons are actually make me instinctively work towards them. I thought it was just babying players, but it sets me off with a clear plan in my head.
    -Hardlight Shield is way cooler than I thought it'd be.
    -The custom pieces in Impact.
    -The so-far lack of framerate lag.
    -Decent amount of exp for forging.
    -Fishstick control config.

DISLIKES:

-The filter effect on the announcers voice
    -The lack of OV and CAMO powerups
    -The removal of precision controls in forge
    -Brace Larges are no longer really pleasing to my eyes.
    -Doors, Bridges and Tunnel pieces are widened, but none of the other pieces are, making it difficult to use them exactly as they were used in reach.
    -Not many perfectly flat pieces, making it difficult to make a good match in certain spaces.
    -Light Rifle was disappointing to me.
    -Lighting effects in forge (are amazing), aren't as drastic on certain canvases, making them feel less interesting to forge on.
    -Starting with a forced BLUE visor, and not getting any other option even at level 10. I know we have a **** ton of options now, but they don't unlock fast enough.
    -Jet Pack can still be used to make combat confrontations a pain in my ass.
    -Certain pieces, while matching everything else, aren't as visually clean as they were in Reach.
    -Main Menu music is slightly annoying to me.
    -Waiting to install second disc when you just wanna rock.
    -I don't have the game anymore.

18. DC

DC Ancient

How many sr levels are there? and are brace larges still going to be a key item in forging?

19. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

20. Berb

Berb Forerunner

So dominion is a very strange gametype.