Halo 4 Discussion

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by thesilencebroken, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Berb

Berb Forerunner
    Forge Critic Senior Member

You got it too?

o/

2. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

A friend loaned it to me, because his love for halo isn't very high, and he knows I was going nuts. haha

3. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

Yeah, agreed. When I read the part about including iron sights, I ****ing cringed. And they gave mw3 like a 9

#8943 cluckinho, Nov 3, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  4. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

H8chu

@BERB: can you do me a favor and tell me how Camo works (basically what the disabilities are for you and if it still scrambles your opponents radars).

5. Berb

Berb Forerunner

Camo (AA) acts the same way as reach when it comes to movement and noise muffling. I have no idea about visibility or radar jam yet.

6. Organite

Organite Journalist

[​IMG]

7. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

I'd love to hear your impressions, TSB.

8. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

That review is the exact **** I'm talking about Shuman. You can't write a review based on your personal likes and dislikes, that's an opinion of something..not a review. A review should take into account the general implications of game/movie/books. How is this going to affect the mass audience? What works and what is actually broken? These 8.0 and lowers aren't taking that into consideration. They just come in and say: "hey, didn't change/conform enough, I don't like it" or "hey, not the same game as bungie made, I don't like it". Those are things you can mention but not base your review off of. Complains about Halo being stale with the entry that changes things up the most, yet praises MW3 even though it's the 5th game that's exactly the same? Obviously he prefers CoD mechanics. His preference of CoD mechanics has nothing to do with how good or bad of a game Halo 4 is.

These reviewers wanting to give it lower scores are just grasping for problems and when they aren't finding any major ones, they're giving it lower ratings based on personal preferences. That's what a user review is..not a damned critic score.

9. Starship Forge

Starship Forge Recruit

I did several tests, and after replicating the glitch multiple times, I believe I have a more refined version of the steps it takes to replicate this glitch. The bit from the Bungie forums I posted earlier actually got one or two details wrong (or at least not completely right). First, it doesn't have to be a default/built-in map that writes itself over another map; it can be any Forge map. Also, you don't need to give unique descriptions to them.

Here are my steps to replicate this, then (using any two Forge maps, represented here as Map A and Map B):

1. Load up Map A in Forge. Make changes or leave it the same; it doesn't matter. Also, it doesn't matter if you Save or quit without saving. Then, end the game.
    2. Load up Map B. Make any changes you want or leave it the same, but do NOT save. Simply end the game.
    3. Choose Start Game as soon as the menu comes up; do NOT change maps or re-select the map. This will load up Map B from the cache. Once it is loaded, make any changes you want, Save Map (won't happen with Save New Map), and end the game.

You have just overwritten Map A with Map B (permanently, AFAIK). Map A's name will still show up in the list, but when you try to load it, Map B will come up instead (in fact, once you're back in the game menu, it will say Map B as the current map). If you gave Map A a description, Map B's description will replace it.

#8949 Starship Forge, Nov 3, 2012
  10. thesilencebroken

I have to use Fishstick because I've played too much borderlands. lol

So far everything feels extremely smooth, the BR sound is way more destructive than the videos let on, and I unlocked the DMR AND the BR for loadout use merely by walking around on 3 maps by myself in customs looking around.

11. Berb

Berb Forerunner

You wanna 1v1 later on?

12. thesilencebroken

I am keeping it offline, just to be safe, cause I didn't purchase this copy, therefore I have no receipt. Sorry dude.

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

Erosion has very little dynamic lighting unless you're building on that slope, you can't get that close to the water, or the rocky walls around it. Not a huge deal to me, but the lighting thing is way more prominent on the two other maps.

#8952 thesilencebroken, Nov 3, 2012
  13. Transhuman Plus

Transhuman Plus Ancient

He actually mentions in the review that he liked the multiplayer, it was just the campaign that felt lifeless to him. I respect any publication with the self-respect to not censor it's writers and go against the grain.

You know, if Brandon Justice had written the 9.0 Modern Warfare 3 you referenced, and not Brady Fiechter, i'd still be completely compelled to say this: you're wrong. More specifically what you're voicing is what's wrong, with gamer's today, some could argue society. When Brandon Justice writes his review, he summarises (and then attempting to quantise with a score) an experience. If he is eloquent, reflective, and most importantly, truthful enough, the review he writes will express his experience. As there is no ombrometer for taste or enjoyment, you must accept that this is how he feels.

Your response to his effort is fivefold.

"How dare he review the game, he doesn't even like it"
    "He liked x game. Leave it to a guy who likes x game to hate this game"
    "He should write about the game/ score the game how fans want to feel about the game/ expect it to be scored"
    "These reviewers are *looking* for problems, and because they can't find any they're saying the game isn't fun to play"
    "I wanted a feature list, not some guy's opinions. "Domination is a revelation" How hard is that?"

As I said before, he writes in the review that campaign is bad, I hope it's good. He writes that he had a blast playing multiplayer, I've seen already that I won't. I don't agree with his review, that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy reading it, enjoy that it was a differing opinion, enjoy that it pissed people off, and enjoy the irony of it all.

14. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

like i said many pages back,
    EGM hasn't written good reviews since 10 years ago.

edit- whoa ninja

#8954 Titmar, Nov 3, 2012
  15. Skisma

Skisma Creative Force

Halo Official Site

343 did something to their website to make it look like the Promethean's are taking over the site! How cool is that? lol

It's very similar to what I said earlier about IGN's videos having that interference:

#8955 Skisma, Nov 3, 2012
  16. neverendinghalo

neverendinghalo Forerunner

thats sick man.

17. thesilencebroken

*TESTED ON RAVINE

-Walls no longer shift when laid down and saved.
    -Weapons sink into Wall pieces, cannot be picked up when laid flat on flat walls.
    -Several other pieces, such as Colosseum Walls, and other previous Reach pieces DO minorly shift when saved, though not as bad as in Reach.
    -Not every piece that was brought back from Reach is merely reskinned. Some are now different dimensions and shaped differently.
    -Dynamic light, once generated, will stay as generated (even in monitor mode) until you regenerate it to update it with the new pieces you've placed.
    -Jet pack shouldn't be much of a problem anymore.
    -I have unlocked several things and ranked up just from Forging an hour. Unlocking stuff shouldn't be a worry.
    -Colored lights do **** all. Even less than Reach.
    -Powerups are not in this game at all. Pretty much just gonna have to use AA's in their place I guess.

Some of this is depressing, I know, but I'm still really digging what I'm doing. Just go in knowing it's not perfect.

18. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

thats weird about the weapons sinking in...
    can the "weapons sinking" issue be solved by placing them on some kind of weapon holder? cuz we all normally do that anyways.

19. thesilencebroken

Of course. And there is always the "lean it against the wall" thing.

20. PacMonster1

PacMonster1 Senior Member

Maybe that sink in thing will be patched quickly.