Halo 4 Discussion

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by thesilencebroken, Jun 6, 2011.

1. mazdak26

mazdak26 Promethean

What happened to all the medals in that video?

2. Security

Security Ancient

I think it would be more fun if thrusters didn't change your POV but if it's in the name of balance, so be it.

#8462 Security, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2012
  3. WWWilliam

WWWilliam Forerunner

I actually think its a buff, I got use to Armor locks 3rd person pretty fast used it to my advantage every time since.

Been in 3rd person gives a bigger FOV usefull in battle and see around corners if don't wanna go around corner just "burst into wall" see if anyone is there.

#8463 WWWilliam, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  4. Organite

Organite Journalist

The concern was that the sound effects emitting from the Energy Sword seem highly inconsistent.
    It never made a proper sound (if any at all) when it was supposed to.

5. PacMonster1

PacMonster1 Senior Member

I disagree, perhaps the sounds have gotten less "cartoony" but Halo 4 from what I've heard and Reach to some extent as well had very satisfying gun sounds

6. AnonomissX

AnonomissX Ancient

...It's a low quality YOUTUBE video. Hardly conclusive.

7. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

for AL, third person was a buff, because you were just sitting there and obviously 3rd person allowed you to view more of your surroundings. but with the thruster pack, it switches from first to third and back to first pretty fast, and you are moving quickly while this is happening. so the result is a disorienting effect. makes it less powerful

#8467 Wood Wonk, Oct 30, 2012
  8. DC

DC Ancient

i noticed that too, maybe theres a new option to turn them off to be less distracting or something

or this guy just has a pretty ****ed up halo 4 disk

9. SilentJacket

SilentJacket Forerunner

I hope they have that option, I don't need a medal for throwing a grenade

10. Organite

Organite Journalist

Between three different videos I've seen with the same issue present I'd say it is pretty conclusive that something is amiss.

11. WWWilliam

WWWilliam Forerunner

Disorientating is a perspective and is subjective to each individual.

One thing that isn't subjective is it gives you 3rd person for brief moment so any benefits from getting 3rd person for brief moment is benefits you get from using thrusters.

The disorientating is just up to the player, I personally could use AL for minimal amount of time just tapped LB and could not suffer any disorientation and get 3rd person view and have just as good aim, during the 1st-3rd-1st brief moment.

I can see myself sitting at a corner thrusting into the wall which will allow me to get a glimpse of people around the corner.

#8471 WWWilliam, Oct 30, 2012
  12. Organite

Organite Journalist

I seem to recall them talking about an AA that does the same thing...
    lol

13. Security

Security Ancient

Obviously Promethean Vision was too OP so they just combined it with the thruster pack

14. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

using thruster pack just to get a third person view makes no sense to me. first of all, it moves you a pretty good distance, which is part of the disorienting effect. and besides, what is the point? if the enemy is remotely close, you can see where they are on your motion tracker, and if you're looking to see where people are who are far away, you can easily just step out of cover and be in no danger. or strafe in and out of cover if you feel you have to.
    and you can't just tap it like AL and only use a bit of the charge, its a one time thing. so putting your face up against a wall and using it completely wastes it, and you have to wait for it to recharge.
    and standing with your face against the wall and using it makes you susceptible to an enemy coming from behind, since you can't see your motion tracker in third person

15. pyro

pyro The Joker

The thruster pack is disorienting because you're not going back to the exact same or a slightly different viewpoint. You're not even in the same place any more. With experience and map knowledge it could work out, but at least from the videos the third person portion makes it difficult to tell what's going on. Of course thrusting into a wall would probably not be disorienting because the final and initial viewpoints would be pretty close.

16. WWWilliam

WWWilliam Forerunner

Then don't use it that way, I see it as a tactical advantage and useful and I can use this AA to thrust into the wall to gain the advantages.

Mostly the benifit is Seeing enemy (weapon they have,there exact postion etc) before they can see you, Element of surprise is a huge advantage (if you peak around corner they know your there) if you AA trust into the wall and there out of radar range they don't know anyone's there, Huge advantage imo.

Don't have to use it that way but i probably will [SIZE=2]and i see it as a [SIZE=2]advantage.[/SIZE][/SIZE]

17. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

Seems like if there is any other sound in the area it easily cancels it out. Though there isn't much to be heard the first time he does it. However, I for one am happy if it makes no sound/next to no sound. The sword has been getting progressively weaker so adding in the ability to bust it out when you are around a corner without a person immediately being able to identify that you did is good.

18. MockKnizzle008

MockKnizzle008 Ancient

Have fun. I'll just, you know, use my ears and drop a rocket on the corner. Go right ahead.

19. Elite Warrior5

Elite Warrior5 Forerunner

The Flood have no sprint...

#8479 Elite Warrior5, Oct 30, 2012
  20. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known