Halo 4 Discussion

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by thesilencebroken, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

yea Lich just looks like Phantom v2...

hopefully we get to go on a bombing run or dogfight with the broadsword

2. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

yea Lich just looks like Phantom v2...

hopefully we get to go on a bombing run or dogfight with the broadsword

looks like mammoth is confirmed in that guide as well.

#8442 Titmar, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  3. neverendinghalo

neverendinghalo Forerunner

Broadsword, where have I heard that before....

4. Spicy Forges

Spicy Forges Ancient

Can someone clarify one thing for me? If this is taking place after halo 3, shouldn't the Elites be friendly?

5. neverendinghalo

neverendinghalo Forerunner

They got all pissy cause it was their time of the month and said "**** you"

6. Marcass2021

Marcass2021 Forerunner

7. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

@neverending: broadswords are in the books and I'm pretty positive they bomb in H3.

@titmar: massive grunt fight?

@cryppy: book spoiler
    In Glasslands, we learn that there is a subset of elites that still believe strongly in the covenant faith and do not agree with the Arbiter. They are rebelling against him.

8. Furry x Furry

Furry x Furry Ancient

There are various factions of Elites. (Like the heretics in Halo 2, the covenant with AND without prophets and I think even more). I don't know if this is the right answer but it is just my assumption. I'm probably wrong...

9. Spicy Forges

Spicy Forges Ancient

Ah so now its just a minority that are still against the humans, whereas most of the Elites have sided.

10. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

In a leaked video that was posted, he clearly pulls out the sword several times and there is no sound for it.

11. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

12. Security

Security Ancient

That was also a leaked version of the game.

13. zeppfloydsabbtull

zeppfloydsabbtull Promethean

If the thruster pack's point of view change is actually disorienting (and you can't readjust aim as easily after a thrust), I think that its best, easiest and most common use will probably be to thrust behind cover. This would allow one to pop out and strafe however one wants even with fast kill times, because there is no chance that one could end up strafing too far by the time he is one-shot as long as he can side-boost quickly back to cover. I would prefer that the point of view does not change, but I can understand how that could make it unbalanced: the guarantee of a better type of strafe every several seconds in addition to its other benefits would make it seem like the safest option, because its benefits are more predictable and consistent, without forcing a change in playstyle.

The regen looks like it could be pretty useful when popping in and out from behind cover in BTB with stability (perhaps once I know that enemies know where I am), so I will be unsure of which AA I will use most until it comes out. The Light Rifle's supreme scoped firepower may outweigh the DMR's 3x scope in BTB, especially with stability, so I am undecided there as well.

14. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

weird. it does seem buggy in that video.
    but when it did make a noise, it was a pretty cool noise!!!!
    i agree that thruster seems disorienting as well. but i think we'll get used to it.

the longer thruster burst for Flood seems less disorienting than the quick one for regular spartans.

15. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

I honestly think the sword sounded far cooler and fear inducing in Halo 2. I also miss the tinge of purple in it. They've actually dulled down the sounds each game since.

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

Halo 2 Sword ownage - YouTube

#8455 thesilencebroken, Oct 29, 2012
  16. WWWilliam

WWWilliam Forerunner

Reason:
    (for me personally been constantly exasperated by 343i since 22 September 2011) So that's why peoples posts tend to negative or complainy

Looks like it makes more sound when he stops sprinting, During the phase where you cannot attack.
    You can sprint+Swing sword at same time but if you stop sprinting it pulls the sword back for a delay where you cannot attack which is when the sound activates.( Where looks like his pressing Y+Y fast quickly swapping weapons but its just sprint ending?)

#8456 WWWilliam, Oct 29, 2012
  17. AnonomissX

AnonomissX Ancient

Facepalm....just facepalm

Seriously? 343 bring in a weapon made of plasma energy and NOT give it the cool sound it deserves? If you listen to 0:34-0:38 yes it does make a sound.

#8457 AnonomissX, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2012
  18. DC

DC Ancient

[​IMG]

The sword making no sound is reasonable to complain about, 343i is taking bits and pieces of the Halo universe and sacrificing them for no apparent reason. The water thing can be connected to frame rate, but the left out game types and less of an innovative step from one game to the next is perfect complain-able material. bish.

Also, when the sword did make sound, it wasn't from pulling it out, which made it such a badass weapon in the past

19. WWWilliam

WWWilliam Forerunner

I know it makes a sound, It's glitchy sound and people have heard unreliable sources from leaked copys and at 0:42~ and 0:55~ it also makes a sound during the phase where you can't melee after sprinting so that kinda fueled the misconception plus the constantly exasperation making people bitchy lol

I'm more curious about the gameplay implications of the pause where you cannot melee with sword?(Like is that a thing or just something I'm assuming is),Is there sword blocking?, If everyone has sprint sword could be OP and is the melee pause to balance it? Hard to say without playing game how it would turn out to many variables.

#8459 WWWilliam, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  20. Furry x Furry

Furry x Furry Ancient

I'm almost positive it's a bug, although I haven't been able to watch the video yet because of my shitty internet. Auditory cues are a huge part of games, especially in Halo. If it was in Forward Unto Dawn, I think it's safe to say that something got bork'd and it's meant to be in Halo 4.