Halo 4 Discussion

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by thesilencebroken, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Elite Warrior5

Elite Warrior5 Forerunner

The outside of the cave would probably be the best for that, unless you are building the rocks instead of using the preformed ones.

2. DMM White

DMM White Ancient

I thought the first one was inside Last Resort's base.

3. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

its just high ground, you can still play halo 3 if you think it looks that amazing

4. Overdoziz

Overdoziz Untitled
    Forge Critic Senior Member

We're posting stuff from that Halo4Follower guy now? Please.

5. Transhuman Plus

Transhuman Plus Ancient

You're right.

6. Elite Warrior5

Elite Warrior5 Forerunner

Sorry, I actually got if off of a halo fansite, but they said they got it from halo waypoint. Sorry for the confusion but I had no idea. (well i did sorta recognize the first image)

EDIT: Again I'm very sorry for any confusion. I had no idea because I haven't seen halo 3 concept art before. And I would have provided a link to the original site if there were no rules about posting it.

#806 Elite Warrior5, Feb 15, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  7. Skisma

Skisma Creative Force

It's all good man. At least you sparked some discussion here in this thread. I really hope we hear something on March 5th. Fingers Crossed

8. Oli The G

Oli The G Forerunner

Well, 343 just posted the final picture of master chief for halo 4. Note the jetpack like things on the back of him.

[​IMG]

343 also said they would release some audio information probably next week, and that the HUD is very much changed. The campaign is also playable from start to finish, but is not yet polished.

Lastly, they seem to be quite pleased with the level of detail. They mentioned that in 2,3 and reach when they sent over 3D models to McFarlane or whoever, they had to add in extra detail because the models were not of a high enough resolution, but in halo 4 they were fine.

Shame he lost the visor glint though.

Thoughts?

9. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

Jesus, they've come a long ass way, and not given us any info. But with the campaign out of the way that quickly, I'm assuming they'll be putting quite a bit of work into the multiplayer.

I'm extremely excited about this, and I'm pretty confident considering 343 have shown us what they can do so far.

10. Oli The G

Oli The G Forerunner

Well they confirmed last week that multiplayer code was working, and that although campaign could be played, they still haven't finished polishing it.

That in itself is a comittment I am happy to see. CoD and battlefield were a case of it works, lets hurry up and throw some buildings down, call them multiplayer maps and advertise for the next year and a half.

11. Skisma

Skisma Creative Force

I actually really like the way he looks. People say it's dumb and doesn't make sense that his armor changes throughout the games, but the way I see it is it shows how creative they are. It shows the aren't lazy by keeping the same look and simply upping the graphics.

12. NlBBS

NlBBS Forerunner

Someone mind posting this Master Chief picture? I can't connect to their website..

13. Skisma

Skisma Creative Force

It's embedded on the previous page. You can't see it either?

14. Transhuman Plus

Transhuman Plus Ancient

[​IMG]

I'll save my judgements for when I see something that wasn't made for a 10 year old's hand.

Source.

Source.

15. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

If that's the final version, then I'm happy with it. I'm glad they're changing up the armor, I'd much rather that to them using a higher res version of the old one.

16. Skisma

Skisma Creative Force

#816 Skisma, Feb 16, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  17. Transhuman Plus

Transhuman Plus Ancient

It's a picture of an action figurine. All I care about is in-game,and it won't bother me what the armour looks like unless the game has some really shitty cutscenes.

18. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

in my opinion, those just seem to be a more pronounced version of the thrusters he had before. not a jetpack. but who knows.

also, i dont like the helmet as much as halo 3, and im not a huge fan of those horizontal bar things on his abdomen, but i do like the fact that they are changing him up a bit.

and based on that picture, something that seems a bit odd is his size. in previous games his appearance was of a bulky and muscular man, a badass by himself, and his armor was just a relatively small layer over top of his huge body. In that picture, it looks like the armor is providing most of the bulk, with the actual human body appearing somewhat smaller. but maybe thats just me.

#818 Wood Wonk, Feb 16, 2012
  19. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

So no one in this thread cares about story continuity? Like how he managed to change armor while in cryo sleep on a ship that would not have had any replacement armor on it at the time it got separated from the front half and lost in space.

Because if the armor was on it before it got lost why the **** wasn't he wearing it at the time? Those jet packs would have come in handy.

20. Security

Security Ancient

My guess is nanobots changed his armor. or

[​IMG]

I think that's just because it's an action figure. The features have to be more toned down, especially his joints. But I agree, the armor shouldn't be bigger then the man, he's not a mech.

#820 Security, Feb 16, 2012