Halo 4 Discussion

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by thesilencebroken, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

i have no idea what youre even talking about now. what youre saying holds no relevance to what TSB is saying. he's not saying it's unfair to criticize them, he's saying that you can criticize them all you want and they dont really care because they know they can't please everyone, but theyre going to deliver the best game possible in their eyes. and if you dont like what theyre offering, you dont have to eat it.

but what are you saying with "hold up a charade and pretend its a prequel?" it takes place after the events of halo 3, when were they ever acting like it's a prequel?

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

pretty sure its completely useless against vehicles. the charge shot acts like a less powerful shotgun. and you can't "overcharge" it. once it reaches full charge, it fires. you cant hold the charge like you can with a PP. so you have to be able to time it well to be effective against infantry. and even if it does do any significant damage to vehicles, it would be pretty much impossible to time it so it fires when the vehicles is in shotgun range, and even then if you could, you'd likely get splattered.

#8061 Wood Wonk, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  2. WWWilliam

WWWilliam Forerunner

Have to wait for actual game or see a video to test that, You wouldn't expect Sniper to do as much damage as it did in reach vs vehicles.

Well is its either a spin off game like halo wars/odst? Then the game is whatever the game is and can't compare it to previous games and judge it on its own merit and restaurant is the whole game and I'm fine with that.

But if its a game of the same "genre" or "prequel"? (gameplay wise, not story wise) then If there making the best game possible and purposely limiting gametypes and custom gameplay options(and by extension potential of forge) then I guess i fit into the category of people they don't want to please. I'm fine with this to, But it still sucks.

#8062 WWWilliam, Oct 23, 2012
  3. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

but the sniper is a long range weapon. you can shoot vehicles from a safe distance with it. as i said, even it it did do any significant amount of damage, you'd still have to be in shotty range. and you would most likely get gunned down trying to get that close to any vehicle besides a mongoose. and on top of that, you'd have to time the charge shot right, you can't hold it and release to fire, which makes it even less effective

#8063 Wood Wonk, Oct 23, 2012
  4. pyro

pyro The Joker

I'm just curious if anyone's seen it used against vehicles. There's always the chance they made it some absurdly powerful niche weapon instead of just the somewhat powerful niche weapon it is now. With plasma pistols allowed as a starting secondary I don't see vehicles doing too well anyway.

5. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

Someone commented on the vehicles saying they felt just like Halo 3. So I'm hoping that's true.

6. Loscocco

Loscocco Ancient

Apparently there's going to be a premiere of a Halo 4 Gameplay trailer tonight after/during Sons of Anarchy on FX.

7. Overdoziz

Overdoziz Untitled
    Forge Critic Senior Member

"You like campaign scoring?

**** you."

8. Security

Security Ancient

I only liked campaign scoring because it told me when I got a headshot.

9. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

Yeah I can't say I'm disappointed with the removal of campaign scoring; I don't think I ever used it except for the Halo 3 achievements that required it to be turned on.

10. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

11. WWWilliam

WWWilliam Forerunner

True, Definitively an inconvenient weapon to use but it's all about the damage numbers which is completely unknown at this point.

If it does enough damage to one shot any vehicle then I'm sure it will be used a lot but even if does 50% damage it would be used a decent amount. It could do miniscule amount of damage in its charged form so spraying a large target with default attacks could do more reliable damage but again its all about the unknown damage numbers.

But it's not 100% unreliable because vs warthogs/mongoose you have to have a certain speed to splatter(which isn't most reliable splatter vehicles) and those vehicles don't have boosts so you can time the charge time vs time it will take them to get in range (giving leeway for speed variances by positioning yourself/aim) but if there not fast enough to splatter there moving slow and you can board or there is less risk to get close and doing damage.

#8071 WWWilliam, Oct 23, 2012
  12. Loscocco

Loscocco Ancient

Anyone watch the new RvB PSA? That texturing on the spartans looks SO bad. I'm pretty sure that's an old build of the game, but holy **** that looks HORRENDOUS! It's as if they tried to make the spartans look like cartoons.

Rooster Teeth · PSA: Voting Fever

[​IMG]

13. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

sigh...

this is just like watching this thread on tv

14. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

Love it (the one with elamite and ghandi was more interesting though)

15. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

this. lol

The RvB video looks bad, but I'm not worried. Every other video looks great. Especially the Gamestop camo skin ad.

16. WWWilliam

WWWilliam Forerunner

"xclicked" I like his opinions, I don't like "u4ixxx" he is pro 4 and anti reach and doesn't understand things like forging/customgames options/AA's/etc, so he annoys me lol.

Idk who these guys are but one of the topics xclicked brought up was "wish we could combine infinity slayer and slayer pro and not just be one or the other", Idk his sources but other guys agreed and said things like "slayer pro" is to limiting. Idk if there all just on same page as us having the assumption customs game options will suck or if they have info. But kinda sucks if its true.

#8076 WWWilliam, Oct 23, 2012
  17. Security

Security Ancient

What did I just read?

18. FrozenGoathead

FrozenGoathead all i want is a CT that says mullosc

PFFFFFFHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Dude, those Spartans look like the product of an amateur modeler who needed something to turn in for class the day after.

But yeah, most likely from a very early build where they needed something as a placeholder.

#8078 FrozenGoathead, Oct 23, 2012
  19. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

WWWilliam, the Reach Defence Force 2017

20. WWWilliam

WWWilliam Forerunner

Actually I wanted to know who those guys where and how credible there info was because they where acting like the custom game types had crap options and you where stuck with "infinity slayer" or "Slayer pro" nothing in between (they even said in there own words that there was nothing in between).

Because if they had a copy of 4 and that's there opinions then that's sad news.