Halo 4 Discussion

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by thesilencebroken, Jun 6, 2011.

1. SpartanPeter

SpartanPeter Around the Block

I rather have invasion or assault then extraction, because i do not like what i read. But i know that not possible in anyway (assault is, invasion isnt) Like pyro stated, its almost like demolition from CoD.
    Wich makes me wonder, why did they take the time and effort to make the flood (still much appreciated) but didnt make elites or prometheans.
    To me that looks like an trade-off, its either infection with the flood, or invasion with the elites.
    Flood, because infection is more played.

That is Infinity Slayer, isnt it.

2. theSpinCycle

theSpinCycle Halo Reach Era

...I think you're taking that too far. There's a limit of how far we can take "CoDcopywtf". I understand that Halo is borrowing elements from other games (this customization/loadout crap, which I do agree is crap), but that doesn't mean that every similarity to another game was a heavy inspiration. I for one am happy to see a new gametype, seeing as it is helping to make up for the loss of Assault (I guess we could make it out of grifball, but wtf?), Invasion, Territories, possibly 1-Flag (Anyone seen footage of that?), and CTF in general as we know it. I won't judge their comparative merits until the release, however.

/beatingdeadhorse

High poly count for orb placement worries me. Was there lag when it happened?

EDIT: Perhaps the need to create invasion-specific dev maps led to the decision not to include invasion in H4? Spire and Boneyard both had those huge waste areas where almost no one went in games..

#7982 theSpinCycle, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  3. SpartanPeter

I dont think so, i think the problem was mainly the elites, dont know why though.
    But i do know one thing, invasion is going to be missed (Customs mostly) and making machinmas focused on the enemies is going to be hard.
    We have the flood in infection, if the elites were there, i really wouldnt complain about other aspects of the game.

4. RightSideTheory

RightSideTheory Legendary
    Forge Critic Senior Member

No.

Instant respawns, 5v5, weapon drops, kill cams, etc.

5. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

Yep, it's called slayer pro. It'll be a playlist at launch with mostly traditional Halo settings.

6. That Scorch Guy

That Scorch Guy Forerunner

There's the NS no AA 'Slayer Pro' playlist. Also has no radar, but really, it's the no AAs or any of that BS that's the reason I'm interested.

I'm betting that about 1000 people will reside there at a time, migrating over from Super Slayer and MLG in Reach.

If you wanted Sprint, it's Infinity or nothing, or so I saw in the latest playlist picture. Then again, it didn't have Extraction so I imagine it's all subject to change.

Other than that 'Slayer Pro', the other playlists I saw are all Objective (which ordinarily I would like but only Dominion and new Oddball look interesting to me and all feature Sprint/AAs/Ordinance of some kind), Infinity, or Minigames (Flood/Grifball). At least, at last check. Don't remember where I got the image. I think it was on Waypoint, actually.

Well, you can join me in the dark corner of the room labeled 'Slayer Pro'...

:(

#7986 That Scorch Guy, Oct 22, 2012
  7. Narfidy444

Narfidy444 Promethean

So can someone point me out to the proper thread that explains what the gamemodes for halo 4 are going to be? so i can keep up with this descussion?

thankyou

8. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

pretty sure its in this thread, a bunch of pages back

9. mazdak26

mazdak26 Promethean

#7989 mazdak26, Oct 22, 2012
  10. SpartanPeter

Cant find something like that. But i can give you info about what i know is confirmed.

- CTF
    - Flood Mode
    - Infinity Slayer
    - Slayer Pro
    - Big team Infinity Slayer (Big team battle)
    - Dominion
    - Extraction
    - Griffball

And some others, but i cant come up with them now.

11. theSpinCycle

What? You linked this page? Did you mean to link something else?

12. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

Slayer Pro has Sprint.

13. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

Hope they give us the option to disable that.

14. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

Not as yet, no. I can't see it coming down the line either.

15. theSpinCycle

Pretty sure no AAs, though. It's annoying, although it's not crazy bad.

*Hopes that MLG getting H4 early -> Special gametype akin to ZBNS with no Sprint.*

^^Would be super great because it would include all competitive gametypes, not just Slayer. Instant respawning and sprint on Objective not being toggleable have potential to be hugely annoying. On one hand, it might mean that the Pit may not be remade and reused :p

16. mazdak26

mazdak26 Promethean

that was the joke... thanks for not getting it.

17. theSpinCycle

Did you mean "Just read whatever you missed?" or "You didn't miss anything."

18. DC

DC Ancient

If you guys wanna play halo 3, go play halo 3, with no AA's, sprint, or online presence, all this complaining about AA's and sprint is dumb considering a new addition to a game series has to make changes somewhere other than graphics.

Assault was hardly ever played, no complaining from me about that.

While invasion was fun, it was confusing to forge, and with the dumbed down forge system, its no surprise its gone.

I like these changes, compared to reach's take on AA's, and joyed to the fullest extent about armor lock being non existent.

19. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

invasion sucked, good riddance!!!!

im excited to see how the new gametypes play personally. but yea, they might suck like invasion did.

20. mazdak26

mazdak26 Promethean

Invasion was decent. As long as the map was good. Personally, I'm wondering where the **** is race?

It was popular right? I mean, there were dosens of youtube cannels committed entirely to race

343 even referenced it in some of their forge videos. I can't imagine why it got cut.

EDIT: 8000 Bitches!