Halo 4 Discussion

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by thesilencebroken, Jun 6, 2011.

1. zeppfloydsabbtull

zeppfloydsabbtull Promethean

Your turn, Pegasi.

2. ThrowinDemBows

ThrowinDemBows Takoyaki?

I have to strongly disagree with this. Too many weapons isn't a good thing, and in fact it can be detrimental to map flow/overall gameplay. With so many weapons people are less likely to contest a weapon location if they have the slightest feeling they could be at a disadvantage. It would be much easier for you to grab one of the other many power weapons on the map. Highlands come to mind instantly, everyone on the map has a power weapon, and for instance, if they see an enemy at laser they won't bother contesting it because they can just grab one of the many snipers,rockets, or shotguns. Pretty much everyone on that map has a power weapon at all times, it's infuriating. I guess its fine for casuals who like to see chaos, but for people who like the intricacies of map control/balance it's not really enjoyable.

#7962 ThrowinDemBows, Oct 21, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  3. Security

Security Ancient

also what's the point of a power weapon if it doesn't give you a distinct advantage?

4. Loscocco

Loscocco Ancient

So I just watched some leaked gameplay of Extraction. If you're wondering what it is: think of CoD's Search and Destroy (minus the one-life rule) as the asymmetrical version of Extraction. There are 2 sites available and you need to capture them. You go up to a site, plant this orb that is on a timer (there is no actual orb objective that you carry, you just automatically have it and only access it when you plant it), and then you protect that orb until it goes off; in this time, the enemy can go up to your orb and convert it to their orb (which also resets the timer). If your orb goes off, you get a point, the site disappears, and a new one appears elsewhere on the map.

Other way of thinking of it: it's like Land Grab Territories, except you need to capture plots to unlock future plots.

Also, I talked with a guy that has played Halo 4 for a bit and here is what he said:

1: You can make Assault using the Griffball gametype
    2: Camo lasts about 14 secs and leaves 6 moving blue dots on people's radars
    3: Promethean Vision can only see people using Active Camo if there is no wall separating them
    4: DMR is his favorite choice
    5: Jetpack was nerfed to high hell
    6: Regen Field isn't OP in the slightest and is absolutely nothing like Halo 3's regen
    7: Autosentry takes 9 shots to kill you (it fires pretty slowly) and it takes half a second to kill it

#7964 Loscocco, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  5. pyro

pyro The Joker

So demolition from CoD.
    That's almost exactly the same.

6. WWWilliam

WWWilliam Forerunner

1. Can you force reset rounds on score? Because default grifball just respawns the ball on score (so like 1 point per round+3 rounds) and if so is there a way to make it change teams each round to make 1 sided assault?
    2.Blue dots?
    3.Nice balancing touch.
    4.Cool.
    5.Good!!!!
    6.Since everyone can spawn with one and use it constantly throughout the game that's sounds fair.
    7.That sounds pretty bad....Sounds like (2.25)3 shots to=1 DMR shot in damage?, Then considering RoF which you say its slow Sounds like you could get a 5shot before the damage of sentry did enough damage to be useful.. Then gotta know if it can headshot or if it has perfect aim. But overall sounds weak.

I don't expect an answer of all that but I would really appreciate a answer to this question importantly:
    Can you force loadouts in customs games (like Reach's loadout system, To force Halo 3's default slayer or Reach's default slayer within the halo 4's default slayer gametype)

#7966 WWWilliam, Oct 22, 2012
  7. zeppfloydsabbtull

zeppfloydsabbtull Promethean

Thanks for all the info. About Camo... when I posted before about how camo should be nerfed in duration because players would use it heavily on BTB maps (outside of radar range) now that they have sprint- it seems that it didn't get that nerf. From what I've seen of the BTB maps, though, it seems as though there is usually the danger of being approached from more than one direction up close (as opposed to Reach's massive maps), so that might give more importance to the radar and offset the benefit of AC.

8. CAPNxXxCANT

CAPNxXxCANT Forerunner

But it's two sided, which is a pretty big difference and maybe not in a good way.

And as for forcing loadouts I would assume you can do it because in MM there's default loadouts based on map and gametype that 343 gives you

9. theSpinCycle

theSpinCycle Halo Reach Era

So two-sided invasion? Is there any way to make the capture points for each side different? (Can we put the defending team's points on the map while making the attackers' impossible to access, so it essentially becomes invasion?)

10. wade

wade Promethean

In reach you can make an assault like game-type with CTF by placing the blue team flag in the red team base, and vise versa. I am guessing this would still work in 4, but it does get pretty annoying hearing they guy say flag taken 1,000 times...

However, if the bomb reset, and one sided game options are a problem with griffball, maybe that could be a jerry-rigged solution to creating assault games?

Damn, thanks for posting the update. I have to say that is not exactly what I was hoping to hear. You would think a game type called Extraction would have someting to do with, I don't know... Extracting something(s)? I guess I will temper my disappointment until the release to see if there are more ways to tweak the other game-types.

11. Elite Warrior5

Elite Warrior5 Forerunner

^Extracting the other teams orb?

12. wade

wade Promethean

Just sounds like Planting, or Orb-Planting, would be a more accurate name than Extraction.

13. Loscocco

Loscocco Ancient

I probably should have reworded my post better: the points are neutral and you need to grab them before the enemy does. So:

>2 Neutral points on the map
    >You need to plant an orb on them, which initiates a 45 sec countdown
    >If that countdown reaches 0, you get a point and a new neutral point appears elsewhere
    >You can disarm the enemy team's orb and replace it with your own, which also restarts the timer.

The premise behind the name Extraction is that each site has a bunch of supplies (aesthetic pieces such as small crates stacked on each other) and your orb-thingy teleports them, so you are essentially extracting supplies from the battlefield. When your timer goes down to 0, there is a huge high-poly warping effect caused by the orb.

#7973 Loscocco, Oct 22, 2012
  14. wade

wade Promethean

Oh ok, thanks. Yea that does make a lot more sense then. You don't happen to have a link to that video by any chance do you?

15. RightSideTheory

RightSideTheory Legendary
    Forge Critic Senior Member

As much grumbling as we can do over the gametype selection... that does sound like a pretty good competitive gametype. Hell, it works for CoD.

16. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

i dont think cod has a gametype like that..

17. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

And as many of us have said over the duration of this thread, if we wanted to play cod then we would go and play cod.

18. pyro

pyro The Joker

That should be pretty interesting. It would have been nice to have that as just another variant of assault, but it's a nice addition anyway. I just hope spawning is affected by where the orb is planted.

19. That Scorch Guy

That Scorch Guy Forerunner

It also would have been pretty possible with Assault if they gave out an option to let everyone always have a bomb.

Oh wait, they ditched Assault. Grifball? God, I can't believe I'm saying that...making Assault inside of Grifball...

It's sad to see what we've come to (IMO). If you went back in time to a year ago and told me this is where we'd be (loadouts, gametypes/playlists, maps/forge, etc.), I'd call you a liar and tell you that's a bad joke. I thought the GI leaks were for a week or so.

As for the actual gametype: Meh. It might be cool, but those Demolition games felt...bland to me. Don't think I'll be spending much time with it.

20. Spicy Forges

Spicy Forges Ancient

Do we at least still have a no bullshit straight-up team slayer?