Halo 4 Discussion

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by thesilencebroken, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

warning to all, dont search reddit for recent posts about halo
    just got a huge spoiler =(

2. Flameblad3

Flameblad3 Ancient

Yeah, I'm pretty much avoiding the new feed in r/halo. Otherwise there's a lot of discussion in that subreddit (amidst pictures of cans...).

Otherwise, I doubt that 343i have removed geomerging. They've really been pushing for use of the natural geometry in maps and it's extremely hard to do that if you can't geomerge.

3. SpartanPeter

SpartanPeter Around the Block

From what i read here it looks like no one is getting halo 4, and reach was a piece of ****. Then what the hell are you doing here?! If you only can complain.. Yes, there are some irritating things about halo 4, but some arent even confirmed.

4. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

You're seeing wrong, sir.
    Reach was a massive disappointment, but I haven't given up on my love for the series just because I didn't like 1 game.

I also have the special edition of 4 reserved, and I haven't been this excited about a game since they were working on Halo 3.

Just because a few people have said they aren't getting it doesn't mean all of us aren't.

5. Chipsinabox

Chipsinabox Ancient

Yeah, I'm going to end buying it. I know it'll happen.

6. SpartanPeter

I get it.. Its just, for me Reach was amazing, all of the halo games are. But thats your opinion of course. You,re right, but some of the comments made me a little angry, if that makes sense.

7. xzamplez

xzamplez Ancient
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Nope. Reach was incredibly disappointing, but I'll rent Halo 4 to be safe.

I can't say I'm very excited, though. I was until they revealed the "new" forge. Or should I say the same forge we've been using for two years.

I'm here to see others' opinions on Halo 4.

8. Sam

Sam Ancient

343 is taking custom games a big step backwards and that bothers me more than anything.

There seems to be far less potential for interesting and varied custom games than there were in the last two Halo games, pardon me if I'm a little bit upset. This site was founded for custom maps and custom gametypes after all.

9. SpartanPeter

Yeah thats understandable, im not to stoked about halo 4 forge either. They should,ve put more time into it, but we have to go on we dont know if there will DLC, and even if there is DLC i doubt that is going to make all those things right. I have my plans for halo 4, but forge is an really big thing of halo, it looks like they didnt realise that.

If there are no custom gametypes then they have really ruined it.

10. pyro

pyro The Joker

I can't come up with a single logical reason for removing so many gametypes. VIP was understandable since its biggest use was for race, and they added a number of gametypes at the same time. The best I can come up with is that they're going to include them later, but the only reason for that would be to make them DLC we have to pay for and I don't think anyone wants to go down that road.

11. WWWilliam

WWWilliam Forerunner

Reach was my favorite game of the series. (Pre-TU before 343i made it into a piece of ****, Matchmaking wise) Trust me in irritating levels: People hating on a game you know you like>People hating on a game that's not even out yet.

I want to want to get Halo 4 because I enjoyed all previous Halo's and I like playing Halo games but Halo 2 has no online, Halo 3 feels "old/unpolished" compared to newer games, Reach was ruined by 343i.

There is a lot of featured I might enjoy about Halo 4 if it wasn't ruined every other way. I don't care that its a COD clone, I don't care you can't drop flags, I don't care about a lot of things people seem to, I want to play the game and experience it as a stand alone game on its own merits.
    But there is so much bad been put into game that it could outweigh the good and that is worthy of me considering not buying the game.

So I'm staying here in hopes something anything will give me enough excitement to buy the game.(and the fact I have to search for excitement to buy the game isn't a good sign)

#7611 WWWilliam, Oct 15, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  12. SilentJacket

SilentJacket Forerunner

I just wish they would have flag auto-pick up OR sticky flag, not both. If you accidentally pick up the flag in a firefight, you're kinda boned.

13. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

I have faith in the removal of many gametypes in that maybe it'll return the populations to their former glory with the more streamlined options. I'm not saying I'm happy they removed tons of ****, but they did leave the ones I want to play most, so hopefully that'll breathe life into it.

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

Also, this past bulletin left me confused and mildly irritated. The recruit armor is what was supposed to come with the LE of the game... but according to the bulletin, everyone now starts off with it by default instead of the original one they had.

[​IMG]

When you first enter Infinity Multiplayer, you automatically enlist into the SPARTAN-IV program and begin your Spartan career. This career spans all of your gameplay in War Games, Spartan Ops, Forge and Theater.

New SPARTAN-IV recruits are issued the following gear:

• Assault Rifle
    • Magnum
    • Frag Grenade
    • Recruit Armor, Emblem, Visor and Stance

Stances are a new customization option that let you select a pose for your Spartan on your Player Card. This card is seen in every multiplayer lobby in the game and is how your Spartan is identified outside of gameplay.

You will have to rise up through the Spartan ranks to unlock more gear and make your way through the SPARTAN-IV program.

All Spartan-IVs start out with the same Recruit look. As you rank up, this is reflected in the look of your Spartan, which is visible to other players in gameplay and every Multiplayer lobby.

[​IMG]

So.... what armor do we get for the Limited Edition of the game now? Nothing?

#7613 thesilencebroken, Oct 15, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  14. Overdoziz

Overdoziz Untitled

You get the armor skin, not the armor.

15. Spicy Forges

Spicy Forges Ancient

To the people worrying about anyone buying the game. I have it pre ordered and still havent changed my opinion. Im still pumped, despite some of the ridiculous changes.

16. WWWilliam

WWWilliam Forerunner

(i just googled this info idk how true it is) With proeders you get skins, Idk what they are exactly I'm assuming a fancy color for your spartan (instead of just plain blue,red,brown,etc)
    [​IMG]

Maybe you use to get the recruit armor but now you just get the "Prime skin"
    [​IMG]

17. Transhuman Plus

Transhuman Plus Ancient

[​IMG]

It's refreshing to know exactly what 343i thinks it's average player is interested in.

18. WWWilliam

WWWilliam Forerunner

A lot of people wanted to buy a aesthetic gun for your spartan in lobby with credits. So it is something people wanted but not at expensive of anything else.

19. Shanon

Shanon Loves His Sex Fruits

Yeah, I didn't get that sentence either.

I want to be seen holding a flag. Flags mean victory.

20. xzamplez

xzamplez Ancient

Unless they're white...