Halo 4 Discussion

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by thesilencebroken, Jun 6, 2011.

1. PacMonster1

PacMonster1 Senior Member

This is a spoiler
    I see your point, this is much more clear

#7581 PacMonster1, Oct 14, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  2. That Scorch Guy

That Scorch Guy Forerunner

The cinematics looked sexy (the SO/MP intro in the ViDoc looked cool), but honestly, that alone isn't hype enough for me. I lol'd at how they made dropping the flag out to be bad for CTF in the vid.

I've already decided that I'm not paying for the game. My bro might end up getting it, but I already told him I don't care either way. If he gets it, I'll play. If not, oh well. I'll try it at a friends or something before completely condemning it, like I did with CoD BO.

3. SpartanPeter

SpartanPeter Around the Block

[​IMG]

But whatever, lets just move on lolz..

4. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

This is too much stuff for my head to even register.

No other air vehicles? Sadface.

Vortex looks..ah, well it looks okay..but it wasn't what I wanted so I'm disappointed. I wanted it to be another smaller map.

5. theSpinCycle

theSpinCycle Halo Reach Era

Looks like we'll have to forge that too. Thank god 343 made the forge tool so much easier for us to use. It's so good it's almost like an excuse!

6. mazdak26

mazdak26 Promethean

What's the source for that? I don't remember there being a link

7. theSpinCycle

It's a reference to the new vidoc. Somewhere near the 7:30 mark.

8. Redy

Redy Hipster

So, I really dont like judging anything from images or words, at least I didnt actually played the overall game yet. This is a perspective that I would become more happy to see in some users here, especially on this thread. They actually scratch out good things, they said that it was ocasional from my point of view, but there are other future things that can be interesting, but we'll just know about them playing around and getting a better look just with the games in our own hands. I think it is always like this with all the Halos.

P.S: I never really gave a **** for the guy who just stole/hacked a copy and get a preview of the game first, since they usually arent as hardcore as traditional halo players (as I think that is the community on this forum) to get a excellent review of it. I can be wrong but hater users are really annoying some times for this "main"/ active thread...

#7588 Redy, Oct 14, 2012
  9. SilentJacket

SilentJacket Forerunner

Translation: People don't like change. Play H4 for a while, and you'll love it like any of your other games.

10. Redy

Redy Hipster

No, I dont said that. It is all about points of view, the game can still be a deception, or a surprise. Actually who create that feeling is all about you, not the developers.

#7590 Redy, Oct 14, 2012
  11. SilentJacket

SilentJacket Forerunner

well, you were a bit cryptic, so pardon me for trying.

lets try again.

original
    So, I really dont like judging anything from images or words, at least I didnt actually played the overall game yet. This is a perspective that I would become more happy to see in some users here, especially on this thread. They actually scratch out good things, they said that it was ocasional from my point of view, but there are other future things that can be interesting, but we'll just know about them playing around and getting a better look just with the games in our own hands. I think it is always like this with all the Halos.

corrected?

So, I really dont like judging anything from images or words, as I have not actually played Halo 4 yet.

This is a perspective that I would like to see more people share, especially on this thread. They ignore good things, they base speculations on their own points of view, but there are other things in the game that we may or may not have yet seen. We will judge it better once we have the game in our hands. I think that this initial viewpoint is the same with all new iterations of Halo.

#7591 SilentJacket, Oct 14, 2012
  12. SargeantSarcasm

SargeantSarcasm In Loving Memory

Two things I've been worrying about since Halo 4's reveal and the flood reveal:

No UNSC air vehicles.
    No other weapons for Flood.

And that seems to be the case now. Looks like I'm out of the game now, chaps.

13. Redy

Redy Hipster

Ehaha, yeah, I was definetly a little cryptic for some reason. :p
    Anyway, your correction can be what it was intended to be, actualy I was never very good with implied words for some reason. XD

14. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

[​IMG]

Not sure how reliable that is but it certainly looks nice to me, insofar as the DMR is everything I'd hoped.

15. zeppfloydsabbtull

zeppfloydsabbtull Promethean

I don't see how that is an odd stance to take. People who played H2 usually thought that H3 catered to casuals, and H2 and H3 players thought that Reach catered to casuals even more. The same pattern is true of thoughts on H4. Do you disagree with any of this? Then it wouldn't be odd at all that someone who did or didn't play H2 (yet played H3 either way) would think that Reach or H4 unquestionably catered to casual players.

I'm sure that you knew players who tolerated this in one degree like I knew players- H3 players who had talked about H2 fondly, saying "they ruined the BR and even the sniper rifle in H3" and shouting "the bubble shield is bullshit!" when it was used against them, who still played H3 up until Reach came out. Of those players who I knew, none played Reach. As soon as one of them saw bloom and the lack of the Ranked playlists in favor of individual skill ranking (Arena), he said "I want no part of that game". If this is fine for some players in one degree but not more than one degree, I don't think that saying "but you think H3 was the best game" is very meaningful compared to the original statement, because many players who played a previous Halo, regardless of whether their favorite was CE or 2 or 3, has enjoyed Reach (and will enjoy H4) less because of the games' degrees of decrease in competitiveness.

"I like" is probably less relevant to whether or not a game is catered to casuals (I didn't come up with that phrase, BTW) than most other discussions about games, no? It's not so subjective. Finding out whether bloom or particular AAs in Reach are a different type of competition or less competitive (based more on chance and less on player decisions/precise execution) takes an argument, but it is not simply a preference.

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

I didn't copy the chart, but if that's accurate, it looks like the better rifles will kill faster at long range than at short range all the time. Why is the scoped LR a 4 shot min kill yet a 5-shot body kill? Is it super-super-effective against health? Assuming that the DMR's bloom adds on to the 1.47 second kill time, the Scoped LR will be the fastest kill time at long range by quite a bit.

The 3x DMR scope and 2x LR scope will still leave some ambiguity in BTB, though. At what range will we get to fully accurately fully spam with the DMR? (rhetorical question which will determine the all around supremacy of either the LR or DMR) The BR and carbine are basically easier to aim weaker weapons, which is what I'd rather see in a sandbox than 4 ambiguously equal utility rifles which favor very slightly different conditions.

#7595 zeppfloydsabbtull, Oct 14, 2012
  16. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

Actual conversation I saw on facebook:

Guy1: I might be the only person that isn't interested in Halo 4 at all. Game sucks, the story sucks. None of them have been as fun to play as the first.

Guy2: you ****ing suck...and what halo games were you playing? 2, odst, and wars were terrible...but what do you expect? you make 6-7 games in the franchise odds are some of them are going to be shitty...but come on...halo 3 and reach were fantastic...reach is the epitome of everything good in a halo game..also it's getting a lot of hype because it's gonna be the first halo game not developed by bungie...it's like the whole infinity ward/treyarch debacle in call of duty

Me: you're dead to me. Also, Reach was a piece of ****.

Guy2: because it took everything that was awesome about the halo franchise and improved it? yeah what a piece of ****

17. xzamplez

xzamplez Ancient
    Forge Critic Senior Member

I'm with you Silence. Reach sucked.

18. theSpinCycle

I would say the forge itself was better, but some of the mechanics that I saw in Halo 3 and 2 were better than what I've seen in Reach.

Plus the origins of onslaught.

19. Elite Warrior5

Elite Warrior5 Forerunner

I didn't know that Bungie didn't create Reach... o_O

20. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

That makes me so sad it's not even funny.