Halo 4 Discussion

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by thesilencebroken, Jun 6, 2011.

1. The Trivial Prodigy

One hundred thousand credits?!?!? Why didn't you tell us earlier, man?!?!? I must do this.
    inb4 over9000 joke

Wait, what do you mean "in waypoint?"

2. Skisma

Skisma Creative Force

You can unlock each of the terminals in waypoint and by unlocking them all you are awarded with a total of 100,000 credits.

3. Organite

Organite Journalist

Go to Waypoint...
    press X at any time.
    Enter the code...
    displayed at the end of each Terminal Cutscene for free creds.

4. Ticky

Ticky Forerunner

When do you guys think 343 will release gameplay of Halo 4?

5. Shanon

Shanon Loves His Sex Fruits

Let's all use our psychic powers to find out.

6. Skisma

Skisma Creative Force

Lol Shanon. Yea I have no clue, I thought they might have shown something at the VGA's but they didn't. Probably because they weren't there, were they?

At this point I don't think there will be a beta considering hardly any info has been released about the game and it comes out in less than a year.

7. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

Unfortunately I think were gonna have to wait til E3 at this point, which I'd expect to see gameplay at. Halo Fest, though, I think will be filled with awesome info.

#747 cluckinho, Jan 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  8. Overdoziz

Overdoziz Untitled
    Forge Critic Senior Member

They'll probably release a trailer on their own, not at some fancy-swansy event.

9. Security

Security Ancient

They're not going to have another Halofest are they?

10. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

Im pretty sure they made it an annual thing.

11. Security

Security Ancient

Why though? Of all the game franchises to warrant a yearly celebration Halo is not what I would have gone with.

12. NlBBS

NlBBS Forerunner

Halo absolutely warrants a yearly celebration. Sure, Reach wasn't all that great, but Halo basically helped Xbox become the household name it is, and continues to do so even now.

13. PacMonster1

PacMonster1 Senior Member

There's Quakecon
    Minefest
    Starcraft...something (I forgot what they call it)
    Finalfantasy has something as well

Popular game series with lots of fans tend to create groups of those people. Those groups then like to meet and discuss the franchise they like so much thus an annual or semi-annual thing is born. Why is it surprising to you that Halo would have one? Halo is one of the most prolific selling games in gaming history. Only some Mario games can claim more overall sales and that's not exactly fair because Mario was packed with Nintendo's systems a few times. Not to mention the cultural impact in basically creating the Machinima field (Red vs Blue being on of the earliest), system link parties, etc. What's surprising is that their hasn't been a "halofest" sooner. You'd think there would have been one since like Halo 2.

14. Security

Security Ancient

Let me rephrase that. Of all the things to warrant a yearly celebration, a video game doesn't seem appropriate, let alone Halo. Oh, so it helped xbox sell a lot, cool. Doesn't seem that important in the grand scheme of things.

Quakecon doesn't count because they have a lot of different games at that.
    By minefest did you mean minecon?
    Starcraft and Final Fantasy both don't deserve annual celebrations and they probably only do so because of asians.

15. Overdoziz

Overdoziz Untitled

If it were yearly it wouldn't be a celebration, just a yearly event to share all new things Halo.

Also, they haven't even announced whether they want to do it yearly so hold your horses.

16. Security

Security Ancient

That's what I'm saying. Halofest implies celebration, though. Hence the "fest". Bungie day was perfect, maybe 343 just needs their own special day.

17. Monolith

Monolith Ancient

Hmmm.. that will be interesting. I'd definitely like to hear more on their plans with Halo 4. They have a great opportunity to improve the series... hopefully they can muster up the ingeniousness.

18. PacMonster1

PacMonster1 Senior Member

It's not like we're talking about a national holiday here. Its a gathering of devoted fans not a day off of work for "religious" reasons.

19. SecretSchnitzel

SecretSchnitzel Donald Trump

Halofest should most definitely be a national holiday and hold a significant religious connotation as well. All praise the Chief, for through him we are saved.

20. Security

Security Ancient

If they have a gathering the size of Halofest annually, you're telling me it won't start to lose its appeal after a few years? Say they show gameplay from Halo 4 at Halofest 2012, what do they show in 2013 or after?