Halo 4 Discussion

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by thesilencebroken, Jun 6, 2011.

1. SargeantSarcasm

SargeantSarcasm In Loving Memory

What is this referencing? Does some spanish mag have the last map?

2. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

Leaked copy of the game is out. Apparently there is a retail disk and an online copy. I guess some of the campaign levels are out, but I avoid campaign stuff so I never saw anything in detail about that.

3. SargeantSarcasm

Ohhh I see. Damn.

4. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

Dem Europeans always be leakin things.

Also, Nathan Fillion is dancing in time to my song.

5. SargeantSarcasm

Yeah retailers don't even have it here yet and won't for another couple of weeks. I didn't realize they shipped games so far in advance over there. I suppose that accounts for the prevalence of leaks, since you'd have an exponentially harder time tracking stuff over a month than over a week.

And Nathan Fillion goes with anything, including the Guile Theme.

6. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

People were guessing it was pilfered from a factory. Not sure how that equates to spain though. If it is a shipping mishap than them Euros better watch out or soon American publishers are going to start shipping out post launch.

7. Skyward Shoe

Skyward Shoe BTB Legend
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Personally I find the twisted hills and underground aura of Erosion to be pretty cool. Seeing as those rocks are often being used to make giant stalagmites, stalactites, pillars, and on a smaller scale arches. The light flowing in from the gaping holes in the roof and overhanging plants also adds a nice touch.

Yes, I'd say rocks and water is my favorite then. Of course the set of massive asteroids and the beautiful otherworldly skyboxes on Impact Rocks in Space are also pretty cool.

P.S., I know your kidding, I just couldn't resist.

#7227 Skyward Shoe, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  8. CHUCK

CHUCK Why so serious?

Halo 4 Forge:
    [​IMG]

9. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

Yeah I'm just joking, I love the skybox on Impact..still I do think they could have been a tad more creative.

Also seems like leaks may have came from Mexico..factory there right?

10. Skyward Shoe

Skyward Shoe BTB Legend

11. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

So much CoD

12. Transhuman Plus

Transhuman Plus Ancient

[​IMG]

13. Organite

Organite Journalist

Forge, I will always.
    But gah, matchmaking, I may never.

14. Furry x Furry

Furry x Furry Ancient

So, there is no visual indication of how "good" somebody is again. I am kind of disappointed to be honest. Sure, Halo 3's system wasn't perfect but at least TruSkill gave SOME kind of indication what you were going up against. I don't want to have to go through a person's profile just to see what their track record is. I know that matchmaking is supposed to pair people with similar "skill" but it has never really worked. TruSkill at least let me prioritize in my opinion. I am sure many feel differently though.

A ranking system you don't have compete for? Meh.

15. xzamplez

xzamplez Ancient

I've dropped in to spread my negativity.

Forge 2.1 is a huge disappointment. It fixes problems we should've never had for Forge 2.0, and only implements minor improvements.

This is why I kept my expectations low.

/Back to Trials

16. Skyward Shoe

Skyward Shoe BTB Legend

In all honesty, I don't mind that Forge didn't get a massive leap up. We were never promised one, and 343i/ Bungie has always sold it as an editor, not a full creation kit. It may not be the single best editor out there, but we can still do a lot with it.

Frankly I use forge as a hobby and as a place to try things in an environment that is easy to use and test out. When I really want to make something spectacular I am going to use real programs like Unity, Blender, 3ds Max, Photoshop, etc...

Forge doesn't need to be spectacularly upgraded like it did from 3 to Reach. It is meant for newbies to get started and for veteran designers to use it for fun and to work within limitations, and in case you don't remember it is an absolute ***** trying to start designing good levels as a beginner. Does forge hold your hand a bit? Yes. It always has, the only reason it was harder in Halo 3 was because people were using unexpected glitches. If you get to the point of most well known users here and you want to go further you should be using better programs than forge. You can keep it as a hobby like I do or you can reject it, but know that Forge will always be more designed for a casual base.

#7236 Skyward Shoe, Oct 11, 2012
  17. Transhuman Plus

Transhuman Plus Ancient

Multiplayer on a wholly separate disk, and there's not enough space to include a map that is just a flat field with green grass and a blue sky. I don't think an open flat plain was that large of an expectation.

#7237 Transhuman Plus, Oct 11, 2012
  18. xzamplez

xzamplez Ancient

I'll tell you the same thing I tell others who have stated that exact thing: "There's a large difference between a full blown editor, and legos". Murder Miners (low budget Halo clone), and Trials (Motorbike game) have less limiting editors, and they're arcade/indie games!

Another thing I've heard before: I don't want the map on PC, I want to play it on Halo. That's a claim you make, solely because you know you'll never take yourself to the next level.

Yes, it is made with casual players in mind, which is what keeps it from being great.

Just like Halo is now geared towards casual players, but it was once great.

#7238 xzamplez, Oct 11, 2012
  19. MockKnizzle008

MockKnizzle008 Ancient

Are either Trials or Murder Miners multimillion dollar AAA titles that are arguably the flagship of their console?

#7239 MockKnizzle008, Oct 11, 2012
  20. xzamplez

xzamplez Ancient

Are you trying to further prove my point? Halo SHOULD have a better editor than any arcade/inide game.

They had the time and the resources, just not the care.

The funny thing is that the BTB forgers should be more disappointed than me. Have fun trying to make unique BTB maps with what little pre-defined geometry you have to forge on.

#7240 xzamplez, Oct 11, 2012