Halo 4 Discussion

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by thesilencebroken, Jun 6, 2011.

1. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

2. Shanon

Shanon Loves His Sex Fruits

Finally someone ****ing uses the thruster mid-jump.

3. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

Well damn. Guess I'll have to hope that one of the forge maps has enough of a budget and objects to remake boarding action since it isn't the remake.

On the bright side, Cat 'N' Mouse can return to it's original map.

4. Sam

Sam Ancient

So thrust puts you briefly in 3rd person? That just looks terrible. And then the game of Flood ends in a Tie, why would they bother announcing a Tie in that mode?

#6564 Sam, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  5. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

Thrust is the evade replacement right? If so and you can change direction mid thrust like I hope then being in third person would help with trying to get around corners quickly with it. Hard to tell when you are past the wall in first person.

6. NlBBS

NlBBS Forerunner

I figured going into 3rd person was implemented for balance reasons. That **** would be so OP without it.

7. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

I dunno about OP, but I agree that making it 3rd person is a nerf. I really like being able to line up my shot whilst evading so I was pretty disappointed when they changed it to how it is now.

#6567 Pegasi, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  8. Sam

Sam Ancient

Meh. I'll stick to customs or classic playlists if there are any, to avoid competitive games with armor abilities, or whatever they're being called now.

9. Shanon

This.

It would've basically been the same OP Evade that everyone went after in Reach.
    I can understand the change and I'm glad that they went with it.

10. Overdoziz

Overdoziz Untitled
    Forge Critic Senior Member

So instead of a Sword you now have a wooden stick when you're a Zombie.
    Okay.

11. Shanon

Looks more like one of those Hentai monster dildos to me.

12. Skyward Shoe

Skyward Shoe BTB Legend

I thought that wooden stick looked a bit more like a fleshy viral growth. I suppose a plasma-filled sword would be more realistic for an infected creature to have though.

Obviously.

13. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

[​IMG]

as you can plainly see from this picture, the spartan flood forms wield the claws of a giant crustacean.

14. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

lol @ the hentai dildo comment

that makes it even more terrifying! and thats a good thing.

15. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

Thanks for saying that for me. I got midway through a typically book-length response earlier and work pulled me away from ever finishing it. I don't want to jump to any conclusions, but I feel like people complaining so much about the DMR range (which seems to be all the rage on this forum lately...) simply didn't play Halo prior to 3. The pistol was a god weapon at extraordinary ranges. The BR in 2 was nasty in its own right. For that matter, on a good connection you could still do well with the BR in 3 across Standoff or half of Valhalla; at the very least you could consistently hit shots frequently enough to de-scope someone.

They'll have to nerf the sniper somehow, which might be good for it anyway - or maybe the aim-shaking will be nerfy enough for a weapon that is so precise. We shall see. I actually wouldn't mind getting descoped for snipers only, but it's better to have the behavior be consistent across all weapons, I think, and just find another way to deal with the fallout from that decision.

16. Overdoziz

Overdoziz Untitled

Well duh it's supposed to be a claw, but it looks ridiculous in first person. On the model it doesn't look that great either. It doesn't look like it's a claw growing out of the Spartan's arm, it looks like a claw attached to his hand or something. Not digging it.

17. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

Yeah, but... who cares.

I do think the first person would look better if the claw was turned inward a bit so you could see the underneathy part.

18. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

no **** its coming from his hand, its a re-skinned energy sword. should they have **** claws instead?

19. That Scorch Guy

That Scorch Guy Forerunner

At least you had to lead and work a bit to get those kills; it wasn't as easy as the DMR currently is, by far. A 4shot BR at long range wasn't easy, as was a 3sk Magnum. 5sk DMR at range isn't hard at all unless you spam or they sprint to cover.

I just feel the DMR and sprint-based maps made the cross-mappin' all too easy and too prominent, respectively. Because the gun was designed specifically to excel at longer ranges (sure, the Magnum and H2 BR could do damage at longer distance but they were equally/more effective the closer you got, whereas the DMR is clunkier up close and a breeze in scope), I felt combat gravitated toward the longer distances a lot more than the previous games. Look at the map sizes. Once again, I think Sprint was a big factor in this as well. Sprint called for bigger maps which called for a more long-range oriented fight and primary weapon.

The combination of these two makes the fights much more boring IMO. I look forward to NS customs on smaller forged maps, provided the options exist.