Halo 4 Discussion

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by thesilencebroken, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Cheeze

Cheeze <FONT COLOR="#FE2EC8"><b>I Beat the Staff!</b></FO

Last I heard it was a 5 shot? I may be wrong.

2. RightSideTheory

RightSideTheory Legendary
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Br is 4sk. Dmr is 5sk. They are balanced by the fact that the BR is going to kill faster if all of its bullets land makes it the clear choice for medium range. The DMR takes five shots, but you don't have to worry about missing one or two of your shots in the burst. Making it the obvious choice for long range. The assualt rifle has been beefed up to take the short range. It's actually the best way to balance the three main starting choices.

Edit: my phone loves to accidentally words.

#3762 RightSideTheory, Jun 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  3. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

and the covey carbine fires faster and seems to take about 6 or 7 shots to kill. it looks like it kills a bit faster than the dmr or br if all shots are hit, but more shots to kill means more opportunity to miss shots.

#3763 Wood Wonk, Jun 9, 2012
  4. Dax

Dax Mhmm.
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Gotta love those assurance rifles :p

5. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

ITT: People who love the carbine are going to get it nerfed.

SSSSHHHHHHH

6. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

Source on the BR, or specific timecode in a video to demonstrate? Last I heard they were both 5SK.

7. Elite Warrior5

Elite Warrior5 Forerunner

This is what my control scheme would be if 343 let us create custom schemes and let us view third person.

Right Trigger - Fire Weapon
    Left Trigger - Melee
    Right Bumper - Reload / Action (Pick-Up, Drive, Interact)
    Left Bumper - Armour Ability
    'A' Button - Jump
    'B' Button - Switch Grenades
    'X' Button - Throw Grenade
    'Y' Button - Spawn / Third Person
    Left Analog Stick - Crouch
    Right Analog Stick - Zoom
    D-Pad Up - Sprint
    D-Pad Right - Switch Weapons
    D-Pad Left - Switch Weapons
    D-Pad Down - Cancel Assassination

8. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

9. Shik

Shik Forerunner

Waitwut, you can cancel assassinations ?

10. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

that doesnt seem very efficient. you have to stop moving in order to sprint and switch weapons. thats why most faced paced games, first person shooters in particular, dont ever map major controls to the d pad

11. Shik

Shik Forerunner

If 343 lets me customize my controller..

bumper jumper

12. Shihuru

Shihuru Ancient

Im not liking some of the sounds im hearing. Some of them seem a little too exaggerated. Yes i know its a sci-fi shooter, but it seems like too much IMO. And how weird did the disembodied voice guy sound saying overshield? In Bungie's Halo, he sounds like a badass. In 343i's Halo, he sounds like a high hippie from the 70's.

I hope some audio changes come into play, but only time will tell....

EDIT: You know, im just starting to realize that Halo is no longer Bungie's. When I pick up Halo 4, and start using 343i's Halo community, im going to feel really home sick. Im going to start reminiscing about the good ol' days with Halo 2, then Halo 3, straight to Reach. I dont know if I can handle seeing 343 Industries on the main menu of Halo instead of Bungie. It's going to take a lot for me to get comfortable with the setting. What about you guys?

#3772 Shihuru, Jun 9, 2012
  13. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

i honestly couldnt care less about who is behind a game. the actuall game is all that matters to me. if the game is fun and balanced, im happy.

14. Shik

Shik Forerunner

I completely agree, when we all first heard about what they are doing to Halo we where like "nooooo, this is going to horrible" Then we see it and we learn to cope with it like this might be a good thing. More news, oh the game is going to be terrible we think, then later news well it looks fine. I'm used to playing Halo PC, I came from that to Reach. Big change, now we just have to wait more for H4 news to be released.

15. UnfrozenLynx

UnfrozenLynx Promethean

That's fine, as I know you have valid experience when it comes to map design and have provided logical feedback as to why you feel this way. Transhuman Plus was simply calling them "****" without any reasons or logic behind his claim, let alone any experience to back it up with.

16. Shanon

Shanon Loves His Sex Fruits

Me and Shuman collaborated on a multitude of competitive maps, which numerous highly regarded Forgers within this community have liked, that we have not published.

To call in to question his inexperience with maps exemplifies your ignorance.

I really didn't like the maps either, a lot of the reasons SS stated.

And oh God.... that OS....

17. Shik

Shik Forerunner

Question: With the point system, it seems like points only go on the scoreboard if it's a kill. So the extra 5 points awarded to the player for assassinations,assist, distraction, those are like the cR you gain to buy ****?

18. Shanon

Shanon Loves His Sex Fruits

Maybe. Who knows.

19. Cheeze

Cheeze <FONT COLOR="#FE2EC8"><b>I Beat the Staff!</b></FO

The videos were of both Infinity slayer, and regular slayor. Infinity slayer you get "Style" points and you play to 500 (I think.) A kill is 10 points, and the way you kill them, depends on how many additional points you get. They said a grenade is an extra 5 points. And Slayer is just regular slayer. 1 kill = 1 Point.

20. Waterfall

Waterfall Promethean

I don't think it's fair to him to say he dosen't have experience because he didn't post a map before.thats like me saying you suck at halo without ever seeing your skills.
    You do not know his skills so I don't think it's fair for you to say he has no experience in competitive maps.