Halo 4 Discussion

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by thesilencebroken, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Audienceofone

Audienceofone Forerunner

Hm, that certainly is interesting. I had never thought of those ideas. Go join 343. Now. You certainly have proved me wrong. ha!

2. UnfrozenLynx

UnfrozenLynx Promethean

Some answers based on new gameplay videos (already been posted, but another link doesn't hurt), which can be viewed on here on Halo Council.

-Kill times seem fast, but it's hard to tell because everyone playing the demo at E3 sucks.

-Seems more responsive, but still has that initial speed lag. Also hard to tell because no one tries to strafe in the gameplay videos I've seen.

-I don't think the BR has spread. It has recoil, so with practice you can have incredibly accurate shots.

-DMR bloom seems to be less than the TU. I'd wager ~10% less or so. Maybe 15%.

-Impossible to answer that one for now since we haven't seen all the weapons in action. Even if we had, I think it would require the community at large to get their hands on the game before this could be addressed.

-For now, bleedthrough does not appear to be present. I have seen players get melee'd at 1/2 shields and 3/4 shields respectively and both times it took them down to 1 shot, same as Reach. Bleedthrough may require they be at 1/4 shields to kill, but I didn't witness this situation occur.

Some other notes:

-Shield recharge time is roughly 4 seconds. Thank god for this...6 seconds in Reach was like watching grass grow.

-So far, the only weapons that appear to actually be on the maps are semi-power weapons, power weapons, and grenades. This could just be for demo purposes, but it would make sense with how diverse the loadouts can be now and because of ordinances.

-During the demo, friendly fire has been turned off. I saw a guy shoot his teammate square in the back with a rocket launcher and walk away unscathed.

#3542 UnfrozenLynx, Jun 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  3. That Scorch Guy

That Scorch Guy Forerunner

ND, I'm not gonna quote but I have to agree entirely. I don't see a system like this being too hard to integrate and I see it as being monumentally helpful to the friendly fire problem.

So, I noticed...(from those IGN gameplay vids)
    -Plasma Pistol is a secondary. Damn.
    -Stickies are an option for starting grenades. Damn. On the other hand, they do look like they have a slightly longer fuse, lower damage radius and steeper dropoff. I hope that's true.
    -Weapon Drops occur naturally on the map even in Infinity Slayer. I'm looking at the nades and other assorted goodies on his HUD from the start.
    -DMR bloom looks something like 50%, if that.
    -Pistol bloom likewise looks like around 50% of the original bloom. Maybe now you can pace at a reasonable speed!
    -Hardlight looks like AL done right. Not too much damage can be absorbed and only from one side. Also, it means no more frosting or 180 issues.
    -Thruster isn't as bad as I thought. Still worried about possible melee supremacy but if bleed is back it shouldn't be too bad. I want to see how much vertical height someone good can manage with it.
    -As people said, Friendly Fire is off. That will certainly be a custom game option; even CoD has that for those who want it. Still, I hope most if not all of Matchmaking keeps friendly fire.
    -AA icons look too damn similar!

Also, official site says increased damage is a powerup? Not liking that.

#3543 That Scorch Guy, Jun 6, 2012
  4. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

I'd love to but I have no skills that would be useful to them, alas! :) I wish they'd hire me on just as an "idea man" though. I'd have plenty to say, without a doubt.

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

Nah, dude probably just had the "immune to friendly fire" perk. /trollface

#3544 Nutduster, Jun 6, 2012
  5. UnfrozenLynx

UnfrozenLynx Promethean

Lol, that would be a pretty awesome perk, not gonna lie. Probably wasted on the fact that there are better ones that are less situationally dependent, but still.

6. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

Actually, thus far, it doesn't look like they show what secondary weapon you have in the upper corner anymore unless you switch to it.

7. Security

Security Ancient

The warthog sounds like a race car, awesome!

8. WhackyGordon

WhackyGordon Forerunner

Weird.

9. Mace

Mace Old Tyme

One thing that I really didn't care for was the fact that they put the demo a third of the way through the campaign, that in itself and the way they explained the first third of the game made it seem that maybe the game didn't actually start till a third of the way through. That, and they couldn't have made it more obvious that you're facing off against the Didact. I wonder why, Bornstellar/Didact seemed like a pretty Human friendly guy.

10. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

yeah, and that gametype it described with a new scoring system is the infinity slayer gametype, with ordinance drops. i would have to assume the game will also have normal team slayer with kills as the scoring system.

11. WhackyGordon

WhackyGordon Forerunner

You should actually go look at the announced gametypes linked there. I'll quote them here, for your convenience.

I'm assuming the difference between dynamic and selectable is the significant factor.

12. Dax

Dax Mhmm.
    Forge Critic Senior Member

I have to say 343 did a really good job with the hardlight shield. Not only is it a great improvement gameplay wise from the miserable Armor Lock, but I've noticed from all the videos that the transition into third person is so smooth. Not to mention the third person view looks ****ing sweet.

13. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

Yes. I'm actually, dare I say it, kind of looking forward to this thing. Considering how much I loathe armor lock to the very core of my being, that's really saying something.

14. That Scorch Guy

That Scorch Guy Forerunner

Le gasp!

Actually...I think of it as AL done right. I wouldn't say I'm looking forward to it, but I don't hate it with a passion. It doesn't look OP, but I don't see myself using it.

15. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

One thing is for certain. Conquest will be interesting indeed.,

16. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

I saw in a video, a dude took a rocket to the body, but had the shield up. He lived, but he lost all of his shields, and the hardlight shield disengaged, so he was left with only one shot before death. I think that's fair.

17. UnfrozenLynx

UnfrozenLynx Promethean

Very interesting thoughts on the Ordinance Drop system, which I think we can all expect to see some heavy changes by the time the game comes out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pJbk-Rr7fmI

Apparently they've had OS's as a choice in the drops, which is ridiculously unbalanced. When faced with a choice between the Scattershot or Needler, I can't imagine anyone choosing anything BUT OS. I'm pretty confident this will be removed, though.

#3557 UnfrozenLynx, Jun 6, 2012
  18. RightSideTheory

RightSideTheory Legendary

No, I don't see this getting added to conquest, nor should it be. Conquest is about forward movement and simplicity, so I don't see adding a shield that encourages hanging back working out well.

But, that's just me, and I haven't liked the direction conquest took since the first half of Halo 3.

19. SargeantSarcasm

SargeantSarcasm In Loving Memory

I should've released The Tower. fml

20. RightSideTheory

RightSideTheory Legendary

A conquest map I'm guessing?

Yeah, conquest didn't work in reach, something about how the hill's worked or some other technical problem. I was always hopeful that Titmar or LD would bring it back.