Halo 4 Discussion

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by thesilencebroken, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Stevo

Stevo Drunken Bantersaurus Rex
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Blue CIO is someone's photoshop skills shining through. They changed the colours on the same armour model. It just looks better in blue.

2. The Trivial Prodigy

Only the first thing?

3. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

I haven't been totally psyched on some of the announcements, but they are things I don't have to use. The gameplay I've seen looks fun, and I can't complain about that.

The armor however, I do have to use, and I love customizing my ****... which will be difficult if I hate everything they give me.

4. Loscocco

Loscocco Ancient

Ick, that armor is atrocious; take GUNGNIR (mailbox) and multiply it by 1000. The CIO looks like it was designed by Skeletor and Deadeye by the Power Rangers. Are they Spartans or Samurai?

The gun camo looks nice, but let's hope that they don't get out of hand with it like GOW did.

5. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

Hopefully they'll look nicer in-game.

6. PacMonster1

PacMonster1 Senior Member

People complained about not different enough armor permutations, information about quite different looking permutations comes out, not good enough. That seems about par for this thread /eyeroll.

By the way, in all those images the words *color is customizable was under them. Meaning you would be able to change the color of those armors. Also stevo said those are just what's floating about regarding special deals from pre-ordering from different locations. Meaning there is likely many more different skins and armor permutations.

7. Elite Warrior5

Elite Warrior5 Forerunner

I thought the armour we had was fine. Many did have the same armour, but that is just people's interests. My Scout helmet with ODST shoulders was very original and I like the design. I hope they do bring back some of the armour and weapons from Reach.

8. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

Here's a quite different permutation I have designed. Anybody wanna pre-order this bad boy? The kitten mask is made from real kitten parts.

[​IMG]

Just yanking your chain. Seriously though, I don't see why it's off limits somehow to state whether something looks good or not. Some of the people here who dislike the armor are generally favorable on the game, and have said so.

#3008 Nutduster, May 25, 2012
    Last edited: May 25, 2012
  9. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

How did I know by only reading the bottom portion of your post you were quoting Pacmonster?

10. Audienceofone

Audienceofone Forerunner

Yeah, I still don't see the bad from these armors. These look much better than some of Reach's I think. I understand some of the cartoony criticism, but like ND said- It's a drawing of 2 dimensions. Should look better in game and 3d.

Also, I want the kitty mask.

11. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

Agreed, no telling what it will look like in the actual game - surely quite a bit different from these drawings. I'm not really an armor guy though. I like customizing and playing around with armor, but I'm pretty non-judgmental as long as it doesn't look outright stupid. The only armor pieces I've ever been not a fan of so far are hayabusa (the outright samurai look was just silly in a Halo context, to me) and the gungnir helmet. For these I'll definitely be waiting to see what they look like in-game. And if they look bad, I'll just find a combination that looks better - I'm sure there will be plenty.

12. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

More.

[​IMG]

Right is my fav so far.

#3012 cluckinho, May 25, 2012
  13. Black Theorem

Black Theorem Ancient

Oh, **** yes, Gungnir is back! And that pulse pattern is badass. Now I just wanna see what colors are available for customization.

14. ♥ Sky

♥ Sky I Beat the old Staff!

funny story. That's what I'm going to do to my armour. Shame there aren't any tentacle options.

15. RightSideTheory

RightSideTheory Legendary

So wait, are all of these only available as exclusives from preordering from different places? The armors and the skins.

16. Skisma

Skisma Creative Force

17. CHUCK

CHUCK Why so serious?

if i cant put a tribal tramp stamp on my spartan i'll be extremely disappointed.

18. Stevo

Stevo Drunken Bantersaurus Rex

Where the **** are the visor's in all these armour permutations?!?!?

19. Cheeze

Cheeze <FONT COLOR="#FE2EC8"><b>I Beat the Staff!</b></FO

Cause your subconcious mind seen the quote with pac's name in it.

Now for the armor, it looks cool IMO, but a bit distracting, which could be a good thing in game to tell the difference between the scenery and the spartan.

Pulled from the Halo Bulletin-
    Not sure if want.

#3019 Cheeze, May 25, 2012
  20. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

Well, I sorttttta like the Locus Helmet, but they obliterated my old HAZOP helmet. It looks nothing like the reach variant, and I hate it. A lot.

#3020 thesilencebroken, May 25, 2012