Halo 4 Discussion

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by thesilencebroken, Jun 6, 2011.

1. UnfrozenLynx

UnfrozenLynx Promethean

Really? It's very simple and intuitive once you know which setting each objective uses. Most are all the same. The only one that takes a little more know-how is Invasion. Besides, within weeks of the game coming out, there were plenty of tutorials explaining exactly what to do.

2. artifact123

artifact123 Forerunner

My primary will be BR, that's for sure. You know, if they keep it the loadouts that simply, just BR/DMR/AR, a secondary, a grenade, an AA(Still despise it, but heck, it could be worse) and two minimal enhancements to slightly smoothen gameplay. (So no faster melee or more damage or more health)

YOU HEAR ME 343?

3. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

If they make the AR a primary then I'm gonna grow **** just so I can laugh them off.

4. Audienceofone

Audienceofone Forerunner

Some have to use AR primary, my cousin for example is rubbish with any accurate weapon like the DMR and even the magnum. She is overall quite bad at the game but enjoys it and uses the AR decently, so she can help her team in that way. AR primary is not something I like, but the option of it is good I think for players like my cousin.

5. PacMonster1

PacMonster1 Senior Member

The original "primary" was AR with magnum sidearm. Why is it a big deal if that's one of the loadout choices. On close quarters maps where burst or single shot fire wouldn't be very efficient that combo would be useful.

6. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

Ok, so this is based on the assumption that primary and secondary weapons are distinct, mutually exclusive classes. If an AR has to be implemented as either a primary or secondary weapon, having it as a primary is (unless serious balance changes have occurred in Halo 4) going to mean it's pretty much constantly outclassed by the other likely primaries (key ones being DMR and BR). This will either render it rarely used, or will leave some people clamouring constantly for it to be buffed to an unbalanced point just to "keep up" with the other primaries.

I don't see the disadvantage of BR/DMR primary + AR secondary compared to AR primary + Pistol secondary. You've just got a (pretty much) objectively better precision weapon, only downside being that you have to switch weapons off spawn to get to what you consider your primary: the AR, but people spent the whole of CE doing that.

If they allow the AR to be both then fine, and honestly I'd be happier that way, if people want to choose an AR when I can have my choice of DMR or BR then by all means let them. I'm just not sure how likely that is, though to be honest we have no idea how loadout creation and structure is going to work anyway, so maybe this is all moot.

#2606 Pegasi, May 2, 2012
    Last edited: May 2, 2012
  7. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

Ahhh, the good old days. I remember beating this into my LAN friends' heads: "If you aren't switching to the pistol the moment you spawn, you're doing it wrong."

8. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

*Switching to the Pistol and meleeing

;)

9. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

Railgun, eh? I wonder what that's gonna be like. Hard to imagine it having the nuance and all-around awesomeness of the grenade launcher, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

10. Monolith

Monolith Ancient

Don't get my hopes up like that. Thought they'd mention more than, you know, five guns, all of which we already know about :p

#2611 Monolith, May 2, 2012
    Last edited: May 2, 2012
  11. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

The GL was the single best weapon addition ever made in Halo, I'll be gutted if it's not included.

12. Security

Security Ancient

I think it's going to be similar to the brute shot or the concussion rifle. The GL might still have a place.

13. UnfrozenLynx

UnfrozenLynx Promethean

Railgun, eh? I wonder if that's the "assault carbine" we've been hearing about. Sounds like it'll be some kind of portable gauss hog cannon.

14. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

Judging but what a rail gun is and what other games have done it should be a single shot with a slight charge and decent damage. Probably not the AC they talked about as I would imagine it's more of a power weapon on the level of the nade launcher. That list is of more than starters since the Snipe is a part of it.

15. Skisma

Skisma Creative Force

Great way to describe it. I think you're right, but less deadly obviously.

16. Benji

Benji Ancient

Could it be similar to the beam rifle from reach?

17. RightSideTheory

RightSideTheory Legendary
    Forge Critic Senior Member

No, I "rail gun" uses magnetic fields to accelerate objects to high speeds. It's an alternative to explosives for heavy artillery.

I could see it being a, possibly slightly weaker, version of the spartan laser. Pull trigger, charge, fire one shot, instant kill or heavy damage to vehicle, cool down.

18. Waterfall

Waterfall Promethean

I believe it's going to be similar to the rail gun you use on the package at the end or is it poa?idk but you shoot down phantoms
    Obviously on a MUCH smaller scale and less recharge time.but charge shoot boom wait charge repeat...

19. Audienceofone

Audienceofone Forerunner

I agree with this. The rail gun is immensely powerful weapon, could be a nice laser equivalent/replacement. I never have liked the laser much.