Halo 4 Discussion

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by thesilencebroken, Jun 6, 2011.

1. RightSideTheory

RightSideTheory Legendary
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Legitimately the only good thing I've heard them release about multiplayer.

2. artifact123

artifact123 Forerunner

Pegasi, Nutduster and Scnitzel,

http://thedailyintruder.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/calm-the-****-down.jpg

I'm wasting too much time reading your posts. Anywyas, Call of Duty, err I mean... Halo 4 might not be even THAT bad.

(Mods please no infraction for this, pretty please, I'm 140% serious)

3. SargeantSarcasm

SargeantSarcasm In Loving Memory

I'm not even worried about multiplayer, I'm just going to do my thing in customs. That's all I care about, and all I cared about with Halo 3 (as I ****ing hated Halo 3).

4. Transhuman Plus

Transhuman Plus Ancient

Don't listen to him, he's cray-cray. If they include some half-decent maps Halo 4 multiplayer might be o.k, though maybe not Halo 3 excellent.

I miss the Halo 3 map style terribly.

Defy (A Halo 3 Pro) :: MLG Construct TS Gameplay (Instinct vs. Legendz) l HD (21 Kills!) - YouTube

5. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

If you have to put a plea in your post, you might want to reconsider even posting what you do. Last chance. This thread is long enough.

6. Waterfall

Waterfall Promethean

i agree with this i spend about eighty percent of my time on reach in customs or in forge.so why should halo 4 be any different as long as we have a good forge we can have good maps and as long as we have good maps we can have fun in customs.but i dont agree that halo 3 was a bad game its what got me started in the halo series and i enjoyed it alot.
    i also agree that the halo 3 syle maps were the best.

#2386 Waterfall, Apr 26, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  7. CAPNxXxCANT

CAPNxXxCANT Forerunner

If there was any worry about having shotgun starts, I think they ruled that out in the bulletin. It said something about shotguns being dropped on small maps while snipers dropping on large ones, so the shotgun will retain it's power weapon role

#2387 CAPNxXxCANT, Apr 26, 2012
  8. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

I don't think I've given much indication that I am utterly hopeless about the prospects of the game being good/enjoyable - I just like to talk.

9. Oli The G

Oli The G Forerunner

Recently confirmed feature - Multiplayer maps have nearly no weapons on the map, and are predominatly loadout based. In other words, NOT halo. Oh yes, and you get to choose where power weapons spawn, but only after you unlock them. I'm guessing after you get a streak of kills, then you get a killing streak reward.

[​IMG]

I'll come out and say it. Kill streaks. Nearly no weapons on map. Dumb shield BS like "regenerator."

And FYI - Lol
    343 didn't do their research when totally changing an iconic design into something quite ugly from something that you want to keep as a pet and namy yabflip or fwuffles.

http://imgur.com/cdFQB

#2389 Oli The G, Apr 26, 2012
  10. Overdoziz

Overdoziz Untitled
    Forge Critic Senior Member

And who said people should stop saying that Halo 4 is going to be like CoD?

11. Shanon

Shanon Loves His Sex Fruits

The more info I hear, the softer my Halo 4 boner becomes.

Choosing where a power weapon spawns.

Wow.

Customs it is.

12. ThrowinDemBows

ThrowinDemBows Takoyaki?

I just died a little Inside...... This game looks more and more like CoD future warfare everyday. I want to keep an open mind but it looks worse every time I see an update.

#2392 ThrowinDemBows, Apr 26, 2012
  13. Oli The G

Oli The G Forerunner

On the bright side, we can look forward to a very funny episode of arby n the chief. I can kind of imagine this

Y ARE YOU PLAYING **** OF DOODY ITS SO SUCKY ITS AL ABOUTS HALOZ.

Chief, this is halo.

Chief: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

14. Transhuman Plus

Transhuman Plus Ancient

[​IMG]

I'm sure all the changes are for the greater good. I mean even though the fact it was a demo version could explain why there weren't weapons on the map, who needs weapons on the map? Maps without weapons to drive flow is the future guys. I can't even imagine how little of a place there will be for vehicles.

15. Shanon

Watch vehicles be killstreaks also.

I'm going to laugh my ass at you, Shuman.

Especially if they're made out of tin cans and bubble gum.

16. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

Woah. I was cautiously-optimistic on weapon drops, pending more information about how they work, but kill streaks trigger the drops? I mean... guh. Buh. Fuh. Meh. Blaaaahhhhh.

So yes, they won't be "random"; they will instead be "lifted directly from Call of Duty, with no apologies and Frankie slinking out the morning after with bedhead and a guilty look on his face." No wonder they have been sitting on this information.

I don't think we need 8000 more jokes about "Call of Halo Future Wars" or whatever, but at this point it's beyond a ****ing shadow of a doubt: 343 is pilfering from their rival in a major way. Whether you're OK with that or not, time to man up and admit it.

EDIT - I'll admit, re-reading Louis's description made me vaguely hopeful about the drops, even if it is straight theft conceptually. The idea of picking my power weapon out of several options, and then heading to its location to trap people trying to pick it up - well, it's not unappealing. However, it does raise some very troubling questions about balance. What if three guys earn a drop and all pick rockets? Or does the game prevent that if rockets are still in play? I'd be very curious to know how this is all going to work, down to the last detail.

#2396 Nutduster, Apr 26, 2012
  17. Oli The G

Oli The G Forerunner

tbh, i'd rather not hear any of it.

And neo, that idea of trapping works for normal casual weapons anyway. Why is it that the entire playerbase gets alerted to when power weapons spawn?

Oh yes, and I was reading an article somewhere about why they were making these changes. Somebody at 343 said (and I quote here) "many players feel intimidated by competitive multiplayer so we want to encourage them to play"

Well, nice seeing you. I'm going to go and watch teh surgery to see 343's head come out of their arse.

Oh wait. That's not possible. I think they are just going to poke it a bit futher up so it comes full circle.

18. Shanon

Doesn't matter.

The fact that one team will now have an easier time getting a power weapon makes me feel uneasy, specifically for those who arent so good at the game.

Me going on a streak, and then choosing where a power weapon spawns? It works in my favor waaaaaayyy too much, something that I don't want. This is counterproductive to their whole "Leveling the playing field" idea that they're parading around.

19. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

Neo? Did you mean me? The main difference is what Louis pointed out - you know sooner than anyone else which weapon will be dropped, and it sounds like you'll also have some amount of time to decide - during which you can move to the weapon location in advance of the drop. You can also pick a weapon that is known to drop close to your location, since it sounds like they have fixed drop points. If this really works the way he's describing, it would actually be easier to trap than in all previous Halo games, if you're smart and time it just right. The notification to other players just cements that. Imagine you're on Powerhouse, to use his example; you are in bottom mid killing a guy, and you suddenly earn a weapon drop. You could run into the rocket trench, select that drop, and kill anyone who comes looking for it. It's a perfect trap scenario, much more so than in Reach (where players aren't notified of the rocket respawn and have to know where it is and when it respawns; and where all power weapons have fixed respawn times and places, rather than giving you the option of which one is most convenient for you at that moment).

That's been clear all along, it's just getting clearer by the day. They've dropped little quotes like that a number of times.

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

Exactly - the interesting thing is that despite their stated intention, this actually sounds like it could be incredibly exploitable for people who are more familiar with the game.

#2399 Nutduster, Apr 26, 2012
  20. Skisma

Skisma Creative Force

Summary of new Grunt bitchery:

H3 Grunt + exoskeleton = good because they can live on home planet.

H4 Grunt - exoskeleton = bad because they can't live on home planet.

Here's a thought. These grunts won't be on their home planet, they'll likely be on Requiem so what does it matter? I LOVE the new look for these guys, it makes them look more like "wild grunts" (more vicious).