Halo 4 Discussion

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by thesilencebroken, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Oli The G

Oli The G Forerunner

They did say it is all free. Something nice.

From that video there was one thing I really took away

"We are trying to encourage those who don't normally play competitive multiplayer and make them want to play it"

To me that says "people who are generally casual players will want to play a competitive gamemoed because we are changing it to be casual"

The word competitive in there is what worries me. If he said "we are going to encourage them to play competitive multiplayer" I would be fine, but instead its "we are going to encourage those who don't play competitive multiplayer to play those gamemodes"

2. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

I don't get the logic here. The thoughts of customization is great. It gives the player a higher feeling of reward, which is always nice. A full on Emblem editor might be going too far, but differing camo for guns would be pretty cool.

And people need to stop acting like Call Of Duty was the first game to introduce customization/camos.

3. CAPNxXxCANT

CAPNxXxCANT Forerunner

You're taking that way out of context. He wasn't talking about changing the actual multiplayer gameplay. He was talking about how the integration of multiplayer with other game modes such as Spartan ops. Like if they want their character to get better for Spartan ops, they might play some multiplayer for training and realize they enjoy something in multiplayer

4. Oli The G

Oli The G Forerunner

true dat.

Fair point, I accept that. Oh yes, and don't get excited about OXM. Theres no new info on h4, just what they think would be cool, and a look back at past games.

:(

5. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

Disappointed. The gun on the cover looks really cool, want to find out what it is.

6. Oli The G

Oli The G Forerunner

its a power weapon that only new players and those who have over 90% of their game time on action sack get to spawn with and pick up.

-_-

7. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

Oli, I'm not sure I follow you. Are you saying that you feel Halo 4 was made for casual players, or something like that..? Please be clearer, and maybe repeat yourself a few times.

;)

8. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    HAHA
    ha
    huh.

I want to see some unlock lists. Like how long it'll take to unlock the BR, and such. I know there are default loadouts based on the maps, but still.

I'd also like to see some armour customization, because I really hate that god damn helmet.

9. Oli The G

Oli The G Forerunner

lol@Neowhodoesnotgettheobvioustroll

What would have been brilliant is for every HUD to have a different visor style, even slightly. Or perhaps more expensive visors have certain upgrade paths (most likely only visually) that are unique to that visor.

It would make an interesting twist.

For example, hayabusa would have rocket launchers and noob weapons placed all over the helmet (just too cool fo you)
    CQB could have every player as a thinner dot, or as an arrow to see what way they are facing

#2149 Oli The G, Apr 19, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  10. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

i could be wrong, but i thought someone said you could unlock weapons and junk in any order you want, once you have enough credits or whatever

11. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

Oh, in that case, I'm happy. I thought it was a linear unlock system, but this is better than I expected.

Hey look, I'm excited again.

12. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

The cover of the OXM.

[​IMG]

No new info, just that awesome gun, that was confirmed to not be a splaser nor a launcher.

13. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

Could be a forerunner weapon?
    I can't see the very tip of it, but it doesn't seem to be a very human weapon. Maybe it's the first shot of a forerunner weapon we'll see?

14. Monolith

Monolith Ancient

It looks so smexy, I want to feel it and touch it multiple times. Also, it says UNSC on it..

15. Security

Security Ancient

It's probably the assault carbine we've been hearing about.

16. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

its not forerunner, it says USMC. but it seems to be a more technologically advanced human weapon, similar to the splaser. by the look of it i'd guess it to be some sort of automatic particle beam type weapon, possibly the assault carbine. that may be a stretch though.

17. Security

Security Ancient

Didn't someone say that the UNSC is incorporating forerunner tech into their weapons and things?

18. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

Ah, didn't see that. In that case, then it probably is

19. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

technically they have been for a while. covies reverse engineered weapons and other tech from forerunner tech, and the UNSC reverse engineered stuff from covie tech, like chief's energy shields.

20. jameslieb1

jameslieb1 Ancient

As more information is unveiled, Halo 4 is seeming increasingly less like a Halo game and increasingly more like Call of Duty: Future Warfare.