Halo 3 Midship leaked pic

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by wwm0nkey, Apr 5, 2009.

1. wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey Ancient

Oh ok so then this is most likly legit then correct?

2. Goober

Goober Ancient

Thanks to the guys who actually responded to me in kindness, its been a while since I've had the chance to play H2 and the comparison pic wasn't up yet.

To the other guys and that ****, Encounter, learn some ****ing manners before you start talking like that to people...

Anywho's, I'm looking forward to this map coming out. I really liked Midship when I only had H2, it was our favorite small map. And KotH is just crazy awesome!

3. Goatnuts

Goatnuts Ancient

Pretty sure in one of the updates they said they played it through all the way and that it was fully playable all the way through just some things weren't there.

4. Fastforward

Fastforward Ancient

I know what your talking about. An other thing that leads me to believe that this isn't real is the fact that Bungie just had a representative play through in December. It was a complete play through but with all kinds of placeholders. It seems unlikely that they'd have a Beta that looks that good only 3 months after that. I could be wrong but that and what Playa was saying makes it seem more unlikely.

As for the picture of Midship/Heretic, it looks really good and everything is where it should be. This is the second indication that Heretic is a Midship remake. The first being the post on the MLG forums.

I'm with you on this as well. As much as I want this map and all the evidence to support Heretic being Miship, I'm still holding off. Don't want to get my hopes up and have them dashed.

5. awsome forge friend

wow thats like a perfect match way to have perfect eyes or it would have been forever before anyone figured that out just like how long it took to find jesus face on his barrieal robe
    -no offence to anyone one the site :)

6. Goober

Goober Ancient

what the hell does any of that mean? (not trying to sound rude, I just completely don't understand at all)

7. Monolith

Monolith Ancient

took the words right outta my mouth
    I'm all for remakes and stuff, it only makes me angry when bungie remakes "small"/unneeded map. Like midship or chill out (otherwise known as cold storage). If anything bungie should remake things like sidewinder (otherwise known as avalanche). Avalanche was cool cuz they added lifts, which made the gameplay more diverse. I personally think they should remake Headlong into some jungle paradise or into an ghost city or something... cuz that was the best h2 map imo

#47 Monolith, Apr 6, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  8. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

The comparison picture made me realize just how much more detailed Halo 3 maps are. I can see why it takes so much more effort to build a map now a days. The difference is astounding.

9. wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey Ancient

yeah i know makes me wonder how long it will take them to make new maps on next gen games lol

10. MasterChief2829

MasterChief2829 Ancient

I would say so, yes. Plus I haven't seen any Bungie employee debunk this yet, like the ODST leak.

11. HITtheLIGHTZ

HITtheLIGHTZ Ancient

Hopefully most the detail is just on the ceiling, I'm not a fan of when bungie decides to add so much detail to the walls and floors that you can't throw nades.

Color me excited for this remake though.

12. Maxzy

Maxzy Ancient

I still feel like there wasting there time with this.

I liked midship in Halo 2 and would like a remake of it, but it seems like a better map could of been made for Halo's last map pack.

Also, I feel like people are going to be pissed off at the remake just like they are with the Lockout remake (Blackout)

I really hope Longshore is a urban map.

13. Awkward Silence

Awkward Silence Ancient

Is Longshore a remake of Relic? I really, really hope it is.

14. SWEETbabyJEEZUS

SWEETbabyJEEZUS Ancient

wow this looks really cool, i am looking forward to this because midship was my favorite team dubs n slayer map.

15. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

Agreed. Keep the eye candy away from the play areas.

16. Wally12

Wally12 Ancient

Midship is pretty fun. If they remake it, that would be cool. But, I like having new maps more than remakes.

17. wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey Ancient

Bungie still has yet to comment on this leak

18. abandoned heretic

i heard somewhere hat longshore was headlong also in the pic i dont know if its the angle but it appears if the grav lift was taken out and also hasnt there only been one boarding acction remake on sandbox

19. wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey Ancient

there have been a few. Also midship was the only remake semi confirmed by MLG (because for some reason bungie let them play some of the maps) though they did say Longshore did resemble headlong a bit or something like that

20. oDannyKellyo

oDannyKellyo Ancient

Wait im confused with all this. Midship and Assembly and Halo:ODST and Campains and... Will someone tell me what this threads about?