Remake Halo 2 Lockout

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by Anguish SouL, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Anguish SouL

Anguish SouL Forerunner

I know there's ton's of lockout remakes out there but i had to do one for myself so i can at least say i did one and hope it turned out good.It supports all game types except Race and Invasion.This map is meant to be played with 110% Player Speed,125% Jump Height and 100% Player Gravity with no Load outs to get the feel of classic.I have a Custom Game type to download if you need it.So with further ado i give you Lockout.

Weapon's,RT= Respawn Time
    x1 Sniper Rifle-120 Second RT
    x2 DMR's-35 second RT
    x1 Needle Rifle-30 Second RT
    x3 Magnum- 30 Second RT
    x1 Needler-30 Second RT
    x1 Energy Sword-120 Second RT
    x1 Plasma Pistol-35 Second RT
    x1 Plasma Rifle-30 Second RT
    x1 Plasma Repeater-30 Second RT
    x4 Frag Grenade's-30 Second RT
    x6 Plasma Grenade's-35 Second RT
    x15 Fusion Coil's - Never Respawns
    x3 Health Stations-45 Second RT

Note- I did not set a kill zone on top of the Sniper Tower or Top Lift Tower for reasons that the original Lockout did not have kill zones there.However i did set a soft kill zone on top of the library.I have yet to Test this map in a full lobby and if you all do please tell me what needs worked on if it lags.Thanks and i hope you all enjoy!

Lockout Overview

[​IMG]

Library Front
    [​IMG]

Inside Library right side
    [​IMG]

Inside library Left side[​IMG]

Middle,Top Glass
    [​IMG]

Bottom Glass
    [​IMG]

Sword Spawn Bottom of DMR/BR Tower Gap
    [​IMG]

DMR/BR Tower Walkway
    [​IMG]

Elbow
    [​IMG]

Blue Room.Bottom Lift
    [​IMG]

Top Lift
    [​IMG]

Green Room Tunnel Next to Blue Room
    [​IMG]

Sniper Tower Back
    [​IMG]

Sniper Tower Front
    [​IMG][​IMG]

#1 Anguish SouL, Sep 13, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  2. DC

DC Ancient

This is a nice remake, pretty much is the same, i'd have to play it to really get a feel for the size, but one thing, the piece usage seems random and doesn't really give the map a complete feel, just looks like you slapped whatever fit into the space you were designing. Also, you should have made it high above water to give it a more lockout feel.

3. Anguish SouL

Anguish SouL Forerunner

The reason it was built in the area i chose was because if i had built it above water it would have trouble loading the back ground in which it would just lag like crazy.although i do agree i should have built it above water i just wanted it to have a different feel to it and no i didn't just slap everything together lol it took a half a year to actually work out the kinks to know what to use or not to use. if you notice i tried not to use many reflective surfaces.for instance the Flat Block,2x1 is highly reflective i didn't really want to use it but there's only 2 of them on my map.Anyways thanks for checking it out.

4. theSpinCycle

theSpinCycle Halo Reach Era

No offense, but many of the pieces just don't mesh well. The three fusion coils in the last picture are excessive - if one blows up, the others will too, so why bother? It'll achieve the intended purpose with just one.

I can't say much for the layout and truth of this map - I've never played Lockout itself.

5. GetRdy2Fall

GetRdy2Fall Promethean

Looks good...The piece usage doesn't bother me at all. The only thing that does is where it's located. I understand you built it here for a reason but I think it would still be better somewhere else, like down the side of a cliff (like in uncaged)

Would also like to know how big it is and how many people it holds, cause I doubt it's 16

Good job

6. Anguish SouL

Anguish SouL Forerunner

None taken,on the fusion coil part there was 3 on the original lockout so i wanted to keep it authentic like halo 2's if you click the link here.http://h2.halowiki.net/images/0/06/Lockout2b.jpg You will see the original halo 2 lockout sniper tower.

Edited by merge:

Its a small to med size map depending how you look at it and it can have 2-16 players can play on it but it might suffer some lag with slow connections,so i would say 2-8 to be on the safe side.I have yet to do a test run with it so its hard to say.

#6 Anguish SouL, Sep 13, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  7. Narfidy444

Narfidy444 Promethean

I downloaded a lockout remake before... this one is alot purdyier :p

8. SimmonsZore

SimmonsZore Promethean

this looks alot better then other lockout remakes ive seen hopefully the gameplay show it

9. Paradis3

Paradis3 Promethean

I do have to agree with a lot of other reviewers on this...
    But also...
    After playing about 4 games..
    I've noticed that you may need to make the map larger or add more distance with the walk ways...
    It seemed that it would just get too crowded at times and i never really remembered that from the previous halo's...
    and some rooms just seemed like there wasn't the enough space. Everything just seems so cluttered...