Halls

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Hawkins11, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Hawkins11

Hawkins11 Ancient

Halls
    Created by Hawkins11 and BHZolo360

Supported Gametypes:
    Team Slayer
    One Flag
    Neutral Assault
    Land Grab
    Flag Rally
    King of the Hill
    SWAT (need the SWATHalls map variant)

Map Description
    Each team starts in their base. From your base you can go down a series of halls which will take you to the arena. From the arena depending on the gametype you can either take the bomb to the other team's base or grab a flag and take it back to yours. In the territories gametype each team has some areas to secure and then fight for the middle territory in the arena. The halls which you will be traveling down have cover and obstacles that you can use to your advantage. In the arena each team has a little bunker that they can use as cover.

Weapons/Equipment on map:
    Battle Rifle x 4
    SMGs x 4
    Mauler x 2
    Plasma Pistol x 2
    Sentinel Beam x 2
    Flamethrower x 1
    Bubble Shield x 4
    Regen x 2
    Trip Mine x 2
    Flare x 2
    Spike Grenades x 4
    Plasma Grenades x 4
    Firebombs x 4

Base A and B
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Halls leading from Base A and B to the arena
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hall View
    [​IMG]

The Arena
    [​IMG]

This is mine and Zolo's 4th map and hope that we're getting better at the areas that we need improvement. Anyways thank you for your guy's support, comments, and criticism.

Download Halls
    Download SwatHallls

2. super trooper88

super trooper88 Ancient

This looks like this would be fun for multi flag.. and SWAt for sure. Is there nothing more to the map than just the maze plus two bases? I think SWAT would work even better if you added more playing area and perhaps an upper level.

3. TrueBlue Wolf

TrueBlue Wolf Ancient

Wow I really think this map is nice. I've seen several maps like this, but none that fit together so well and none that just seem to work as well as this. Very good for SWAT and most objective games. Makes a killer King of the Hill game if you put the hill spawns in the right place. Very nice map, congrats. Hope you pump out more maps like this.

4. DRO Maelstrom

DRO Maelstrom Ancient

pretty good job. I don't see interlocking, but it would hardly be useful anyways. You lined up your walls very good. Usually I just interlock them a little to make them neat but good job.

Other than that, I think this map would only be good for SWAT. I can see a lot of grenade jumps to the top of walls and shotgun camping otherwise.

5. Hawkins11

Hawkins11 Ancient

Thank you for the comments guys. Zolo any I are working on a version 2 that features a second story, and we hope it will meet your standards.

Thanks Hawkins11

P.S.
    I didn't put any shotguns on this map for that reason, and hopefully the grenade jumping will be fixed in version 2.

6. DRO Maelstrom

DRO Maelstrom Ancient

Maulers? They are on your weapon list. They still work for camping.

7. halomastre

halomastre Ancient

maulers work for camping just like shotguns so if you dont want camping get rid of them

8. Bottlecap

Bottlecap Ancient

This is a well made map for sure but this idea and layout isn't new or ground breaking. There just needs to be something a little more special and unique to go with this map.

9. DRO Maelstrom

DRO Maelstrom Ancient

Oh yeah, in version 2 make sure the second floor has multiple entry points so you don't have to go through the maze. I tried a game of it and it gets repetitive after the first 5 minutes and it is absolutely a horrible map for team slayer. Everyone just camped in their own base and would throw grenades into the halls.

As an alternative to removing the maulers you can put the barriers in the middle of the hall. That way you have two ways to kill a camper and they won't be able to keep their eyes on both at the same time.

10. Hawkins11

Hawkins11 Ancient

Thanks guys some nice tips and comments. ill take your comments in to consideration when doing my version two

11. Bottlecap

Bottlecap Ancient

I actually enjoyed this map when I tried it out. I'll be on the lookout for your V2, good luck.